Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-13, 02:52 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewoodson View Post

I'm not so sure that any of the negative reviews on VF or the kettbell purist killed it. Maybe it just died on it's own or another thought is maybe something new and better came along .
true that, and probably the next week lol

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 03:11 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

It's the Gaiam business model. They come out with a gadget, abandon it and come out with another gadget, repeat repeat.

There are still plenty of kettle-lite workouts around, by Angie Miller, Kathy Smith, Brook Benten, some Paul Katami.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 04:44 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Whatever happened to Michelle Khai and Kettlenetics? I wasn't around for the original party but am making up for lost time. Kettlenetics is a very fun way to knock out a cardio w/o and still feel as if you had a full muscular workout. The production is fabulous, too. But the best part is Michelle. What a wonder power! I googled her, looking for a website and regrettably there is not a single trace of her whereabouts. Very, very disappointing.
I'm glad you brought this up again. I hadn't done Kettlenetics in ages, but I pulled it out this morning because of this. It was fun.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 12:14 AM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I'm glad you brought this up again. I hadn't done Kettlenetics in ages, but I pulled it out this morning because of this. It was fun.
Glad you enjoyed yourself, suzy, and everyone else who mentioned they love Kettlenetics, too. I find it a lot of fun, indeed. I did Body Blast with the 4 lb kb today. It was the first time in my life I actually enjoyed burpees. The burpees weren't extraordinary in any way, but everything that came before them had a high fun factor, and by the time burpees rolled around I had the utmost trust in the w/o and myself that I would get through it, which was actually a mistake. LOL. Because getting up and down off the floor followed by the side planks later on took me out. I got back in for the ab work on the mat before passing out completely.

The tempo is very fast but at one point Michelle concedes that they are only moving that fast yo inspire the home viewer. Michelle says move at your pace. Form is everything. I like that it was fast as it has all the benefits of dancey workouts without the choreography for the clumsy. It was a sweatfest. I think Michelle is one of the best instructors I've ever encountered. Her cuing is spot on and she is ultra professional.

The teeny tiny kb is the equivalent of light weight workouts. They're going to work the smaller muscle groups and offer different benefits, a different look, a different recovery and different eating habits than heavy weights or heavy kb's. Good to have so many possibilities for the body to move in different ways.

ETA: I'm committing to a TA rotation and will use Kettlenetics for the cardio. Not too much to think about; just get in and do it. I believe they will complement each other.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlenetics, michelle khai