Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-12, 01:57 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
I consider this part of my workout regimen.
But if you don't hit the purchase button all your muscles tense up and you get a great isometric strength workout. And your wallet stays heavy so you get the added benefit of sustained lifting. Sadly, my wallet is a light weight, high rep scenario either way but at least bulking is never an issue
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 06:22 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
But if you don't hit the purchase button all your muscles tense up and you get a great isometric strength workout. And your wallet stays heavy so you get the added benefit of sustained lifting.
Hmm... can't say I've ever tried this protocol myself...
Old 08-14-12, 06:59 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

it's not going to happen overnight, but you should try to understand why you're doing it and decide to stop until you answer the "why."

i wouldn't say it's hoarding necessarily, but the similarities are that you're trying to fulfill a need through buying more videos.

for me, i used to think that "the more videos i owned, the more likely that i'll reach my fitness goal" (which for me was losing weight).

when you come to this board, you get bombarded with stimuli, and you think that all of the posts represent the majority of the board, that "everyone and everybody owns every single workout made", but it's not true.

there's many people who still reach their goals with a minimal # of videos.

good luck, and keep us posted!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 08:28 PM  
ncl

I like the last post, thinking about why, but my other recommendation was also Kineticflix. I like to buy new vids, but I'm also kind of picky about what I like, so kineticflix is GREAT. They have a fabulous selection and if you want to try something they don't have, I've heard they are really responsive to it, but they have a huge selection, all the beach bodies even. It has saved me a bunch of money, I'll tell ya and it satisfies your urge to try something new.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 08:30 PM  
ncl

Oh, and kineticflix customer service is fabulous.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, vidiocy