Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-11, 01:24 PM  
Eibhinn

I got this not long ago and so far am not sure about it. And I HATE the packaging. Possibly the stupidest packaging I've ever seen.

As for the Mix workout, I think there is an option on it with breakdowns where before each segment of the workout there is an additional instructional where the "guest instructor" slowly breaks down the routine and teaches it to Beto or Tanya with no backgrounders present. Then it switches to the actual workout footage which has no cueing whatsoever. I don't love the no cueing thing. I was really looking forward to the Mix workout and probably wouldn't have bought the set had I known it doesn't have any cueing. But at least there is a way to learn the routine first. So it's slightly usable.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-11, 01:28 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

There is a menu option for breakdowns. I haven't tried it with the Mix workout. I actually like doing the Zumba workouts without the cueing.
Old 09-17-11, 07:55 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Sherry: I tried both menu options. It's weird but I imagine its supposed to be that way.

Just making sure it wasn't a flaw..(must say I loved the Bollywood part). I'll just have to watch the breakdowns. I didn't take the time yesterday and got frustrated.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 12:17 PM  
Nairobinicole

While they don't cue verbally on Mix, they often will point or do something that indicates the movement pattern is going to change and what is coming next. It helps tell you what going but you have to actively watch for it. After you do it a couple of times through the lack of cues become less wierd and you actually start to get used to it. I find I actually like it better without the cues.
Nairobinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 12:53 PM  
suegy3

Exhilarate workout

I loved the Exhilarate workout (the one with the same choreo as Fitness Concert) but the others I didn't care for. I really wish that I could buy that one separately! Does anyone that have that workout and not like it, want to trade with me?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 01:58 PM  
loosetooth

I have recently started Zumba classes and I love it!! Now I am tempted on getting the Exhilaration set.
loosetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 01:59 PM  
loosetooth

I just started taking Zumba classes and I love it!! Has any of you seen great results in working out with Zumba. I am very tempted to get the exhilaration set!! Will I like the dvds as much as my Zumba classes?
loosetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 01:47 PM  
ardnas

I just found most if not all Zumba songs/CDs are on Spotify! So if you want the music, but don't want to buy the CDs, you can listen to them for free on Spotify.

Tags
chair workouts, zumba, zumba exhilerate