Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-10, 09:00 PM  
SusanH

Loving Fluidity: Anyone else?

Hi. I've finally gotten a Fluidity Bar (Ebay: Saved Major Bucks!) and all 4 DVD's. Have been doing Mari's Slimming Pilates since March, and also Kettlenetics. Am excited to add a little more challenge with Michele Austin. Anyone else a Fluidity lover? I'd love to have someone to discuss the workouts with.
SusanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 09:16 PM  
Demeris

I've been doing fluidity for four years, and I still like the workouts and do them regularly. In fact, this morning I did a Classical Stretch workout broadcast on my local PBS station and tacked on the beginner/instructional fluidity workout.

There are a number of VFers who use the Fluidity bar, although most of us also do other barre workouts.

Tell us what you like best about your bar and the workouts
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 09:49 PM  
SusanH

What I love about The Fluidity Workouts

Hi. Nice to meet you! I love the fact that the workout moves at a quick pace, the movements are targeted, but I'm using my whole body, and working up a serious sweat and breathing hard. There is no way I'm not getting some cardiopulmonary benefit here! I love the stretching. It feels great. I really DONT want to skip a day between workouts, but am to start out. I don't want to damage a muscle while its repairing. Does that make any sense? I'm only gonna do Fluidity for the next four weeks to measure my results, percent body fat, etc. and to see whether or not I need to add anything else. I'm planning on using my bar every other day. So i'll get in 3 workouts one week and 4 the next. I really like Michele Austins style of instruction. I've viewed some of the clips from LB and BM but I like the idea of using the bar quite a bit during the workout. (I'm a gadget lover) What about you?
Old 08-29-10, 09:56 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I got a Fluidity Bar last fall and have been using it on and off for a year. I really like it. I did the Intermediate workout for awhile, and also use the bar for Classical Stretch.

I recently acquired Seat and Thigh in a trade, and am thinking I should do those Fluidity workouts again. I have a weak back and never did master the intermediate workouts--the "flat back" segment was very hard for me. I do think that Michelle packs a lot into her workouts.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 12:34 AM  
mudhen

I've had my Fluidity Bar for around a month and I just love it! I alternate the Beginner and Intermediate workouts with Bar Method Workouts. I tried the Advanced Workout but it was way hard for me. Those flat back segments with the ball were killer. I enjoy Michelle's style and appreciate that there is a beginner, intermediate, and advanced person in each workout; you can customize the workouts to fit your needs. I really like all the stretching.

Dina
mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:17 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

I love Fluidity, too. For the past couple of months have been using my Fluidity Barre with The Bar Method Accelerated and it is great.

When I don't have time to do TBM, I do Fluidity Advanced and it is a nice change and gets everything done quickly.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 09:36 PM  
SusanH

So glad to find some Fluidity lovers

All I know is that I worked up such a sweat in just those 20 minutes. An enjoyable 20 minutes, that I'm a believer already. If I can manage to accomplish my fitness goals with an every other day workout, then I'm thrilled. I have never worked up that kind of sweat doing my pilates, and I like that Fluidity is along those same lines, but different, also. I'm not sore at all on the day of my workout, but whoa, I am really feeling it the next day. On the third day, I'm ready to go again. The flat back series is such a challenge. I couldn't believe I could barely get my feet to come off the floor. Am looking forward to mastering that in time. And her ab work is something else, as well. I've been doing single and double straightlegs, rollups, etc. with my pilates for the last 6 months, steadily, and I could barely do Michele's ab work at all. I think I was ready for this challenge. And I like that it's serious, and scientific. Makes it a whole lot more rewarding.
Old 08-31-10, 10:07 PM  
SusanH

Fluidity Intermediate Workout

Just did the Fluidity Intermediate Workout for the first time. Liked. I'm gonna have to do Mari's Absession in the morning to get in some ab work, since I couldn't perform all of the abs in the Fluidity routine. Not enough to maintain anyway. Hope other Fluidity lovers continue to join in for accountability and results.
Old 09-01-10, 08:03 AM  
dmlarue1

I got my fluidity off craigslist for very cheap! I love the bar, there's so many other workouts you can do and I love the fluidity ones too. Plus I love how deep you can get into the stretches when you don't have to worry about the bar moving. I am moving next year and I will definitely take my fluidity bar with me!
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluidity, kettlenetics, love, pilates