Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-10, 07:57 PM  
buffmama

I have a 9 lb and only use it with workouts I specifically bought after I got the bodybar as a gift - Mindy's All System's Go and Ready, Set, Superset. The weight is too light for most things and it sits collecting dust.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 08:28 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dironstarr View Post
I found one of those FIRM bars at Salvation Army about 6 months ago (for $2).
I just sold my FIRM stick. I used it in place of a barbell for FIRM, Karen Voight and Jari Love stuff. It weighed 9 pounds and came in a kit (of course) with a Sculpting Stick DVD.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 08:51 PM  
Lisa A.
VF Supporter

I have 9, 12, 15, 18 and 24 lb. bars. Love them and use them a lot. I got rid of a lot of my other weight equipment and use these primarily. It's easier to move the body bars than it ever was to move a zillion plates and hand weights. My investment in body bars was a simplification for me.
Lisa A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 07:38 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa A. View Post
I have 9, 12, 15, 18 and 24 lb. bars. Love them and use them a lot. I got rid of a lot of my other weight equipment and use these primarily. It's easier to move the body bars than it ever was to move a zillion plates and hand weights. My investment in body bars was a simplification for me.
Completely agree. Have the same body bars and use them all the time.
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 08:42 AM  
bethellen

I just have the Firm Sculpting Stick and a 15# body bar. I use them both regularly. I would love to get a 20# and 25#. They don't come in those weights though, do they?
I would greatly prefer to use only bodybars over the barbell and switching plates.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 02:19 PM  
RedPanda

Barbells or Bodybars are better than dumbbells for traditional strength training as they "even out" muscular imbalances. For example, I can do bicep curls with a heavier barbell than the equivalent weight in dumbbells.

I do all my traditional strength training at the gym, but I bought a 6 pound Bodybar to use in specific workouts like Mindy's All Systems Go! (I notice that Mindy and the crew use 6 pound Bodybars in the DVD), Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge, Absolute Kick-boxing, and Kick Box Boot Camp. Six pounds is a good weight for those workouts, and I like the padded feeling of the Bodybar.
Old 07-13-10, 02:44 PM  
muddjeansgal

I have a 15 pound body bar and have used it alot, mostly for Firm and Jari Love. There are a few moves in my Cathe's that I use it for but usually need something heavier.
It is so easy to store, I wish I had some in 25-30 pounds too.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 05:55 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have the 9 pound FIRM Sculpting stick and a 12 pound body bar. Wish I had some heavier ones so I would do more barbell type lifting but I don't use the ones I have that much. I use the 9 pound one for Kimberly Spreens Combat Surge dvd (which I did once or twice only ) and the 9 or 12 pound one for Micheal Olajides Aerojump sculpt.
I could use it for some of the body bar DVDs if I ever got around to doing them.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all about arms, all systems go mindy, body bar, bodybar, equipment gathering dust, paper workouts, women's health