Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-10, 06:49 PM  
kpieczy

This thread makes me feel way, way better about my video addiction.

I've taken a few (5) years off so my videos are all packed here & there in boxes. I started to pull some out, but I'm too afraid to count. I was at 100 at one point 5 years ago.

My favorites now are different then my favorites then. I used to do 5 Cathe's to every one, other instructor video. I always got my money's worth with Cathe. (fast forward 5 years) Now I'm less fit, so Cathe is toooo much for me.
I've been enjoying all the videos I felt were too easy or were a waste of time.

I don't think my collection will ever be complete. There is always something I haven't tried and I "NEED".
Old 02-06-10, 09:33 PM  
Severen

How many videos do you own?
73 DVDs and 15 VHS

Which ones are your favorites?
Right now I'm in love with Tracy Anderson's Mat Workout. Also love barre work, Turbo Jam, Jari Love and The Firm

Are they arranged any particular way?
By instructor (all the Jari Love's are together, all the Firms are together) or by type (yoga, ballet, etc)

What videos would make your collection complete?
I'd love to have the P57's, the new Tracy Anderson's and the new Bar Methods!
Old 02-06-10, 09:48 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Oh my goodness...I thought I had a ton of dvds! I was wrong!

I started exercising to videos back in '93, and have since sold my vhs and begun collecting dvds. My collection has fluctuated a lot over the years..I've been quick to sell things when I get tired of them, and then I regret it. (the Bar Method dvds come to mind!) That said, I currently have about 50-something cases, not counting the actual discs. Counting discs would put me around 60 or so. I do also have four on order, so I'm probably pushing 60 now.

I keep mine in a box on the shelf in the laundry room! I need a bookshelf or something. I just pull the box down and dig through it when I'm ready to work out. The ones I do most often tend to sit by the computer (we're a tv-free household, so I do my workouts on our fairly large computer monitor, and it works out fine).

My favorites are Firms, BSS1, BSS2..I own BSS3 but have been unable to get into it in the past. I'm going to give it another shot, though. I also have several pink firms now and am liking them (I think - I miss the fanny lifter with these, though). And I recently aquired my first "classic" Firm and am looking forward to trying that one soon.

Bought my first Cathe yesterday, and can't wait to try it. I have a feeling I'll be collecting her stuff, if she doesn't kill me first.

I also like Gin Miller & Leslie Sansone stuff, although the Leslie is just too easy now, as I've progressed from beginner/intermediate to a solid intermediate lately, as I've finally been consistent with doing the dvds since Christmas.

I think my next purchase will be Bar Method's newest dvds. I miss barre workouts.
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection