Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What time of day do you usually work out?
Before 6 a.m. 23 19.01%
6 a.m. to 8 a.m. 21 17.36%
8 a.m. to 10 a.m. 12 9.92%
10 a.m. to 12 p.m. 9 7.44%
12 p.m. to 2 p.m. 2 1.65%
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. 7 5.79%
4 p.m. to 6 p.m. 14 11.57%
6 p.m. to 8 p.m. 20 16.53%
After 8 p.m. 5 4.13%
Whenever I can! 8 6.61%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-19, 12:19 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Unfortunately, between 4:30AM and 5:30AM. I am not an early bird by any means, but it's the only way to assure myself I'll get my workout in. Plus, it's the only time of day that I can have time to myself. Unless Big Bubble wants to have a conversation. He's been known to chat through my workout time. He gets up at 3:30AM to run
wow. 3:30. I know some folks just be going to bed at that time. My former husband for 1..

I best be in my rem at that time.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 12:20 PM  
Sissy B

If I haven't started my workout by 10 a.m. it's probably not going to happen.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 12:38 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Unfortunately, between 4:30AM and 5:30AM. I am not an early bird by any means, but it's the only way to assure myself I'll get my workout in. Plus, it's the only time of day that I can have time to myself. Unless Big Bubble wants to have a conversation. He's been known to chat through my workout time. He gets up at 3:30AM to run
Oh, man! I thought I had it rough that my DH gets up at 4:30 a.m.!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 12:46 PM  
Vantreesta

I voted 8-10 AM which is a complete change from when I was working. I would like to do it earlier but I hate getting out of bed and take a while to wake up. I also give both dogs their separate walks before I workout so there are some days I walk almost 3 miles total with them before I go out and run 6.

When I was working, before I started putting in way too many hours and losing my self-discipline, I did yoga in the morning before work (so I could deal with people!) and then cardio or weights after last dog walks, around 9 PM.

I can't get myself to start workouts in the afternoon unless it's hiking. For some reason it makes me terribly cranky!

My hubby gets up at like 5 AM for work and I never hear a sound unless I'm already not sleeping well. Unfortunately, he doesn't workout.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 01:04 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Wow! I'm in awe of people like you and your hubbie who can get up that early to workout! Hubs and I get up around 5:15-5:30 but that's because we have to be to work early.

I'm a teacher so during the school year I workout when I get home - late afternoon. In the summer it depends on what I have going on that day. Sometimes I'll do a morning or late afternoon workout or both.

Weekends I like late afternoon - after running errands, doing things around the house, etc.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 01:41 PM  
Izzy

I put down before 6:00 a.m. I have a full time job and a part time job. My former pt job got me home pretty late, 11:00 p.m. or later so working out was usually between the two jobs or in the morning on about 5 hours of sleep.

Now I have another pt job so I am getting up at 4:30 and out the door by 5. But later after work around 5:30 I will add another walk or yoga or CS.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 01:45 PM  
Lannette

I work out for myself in the early morning. Then later in the afternoon we do KY as a family. Sometimes in the evening we'll all hit the gym again in the evening for some cardio.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 01:50 PM  
Demeris

I do it first thing in the morning, right after I feed the dog and open up his kennel run (it's attached to the house, and his doggy door opens up on to it, but he has the free run of five acres once I open up the kennel).

Then I go to my workout area and boot up whatever I've planned for the day.

I'm an early riser, something I never thought I'd be in retirement, but I like to get up before dawn and watch the day around me begin. My workouts are usually done before 5:30 AM.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 02:04 PM  
alisoncooks

I voted 8-10am, but sometimes it's sooner. I wake up at 7:30 or sooner...but depending on how slow I am to get moving, lol, it's in the 7:45-8:15 range when I finally get started exercising.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 02:11 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

I get up with my husband at 3:00am and he leaves around 4:00 to commute to work. I begin my workout when he leaves. On weekend days I'm usually working out by 5:00.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evening workouts, morning workout, morning workouts, workout time of day