Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-19, 03:58 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I have only PREVIEWED KCM's Strong & Lean, but Strong is similar to Cardio Pump. She uses 3 exercises (supersetted) for each body part and starts with a barbell then dumbbells then a band. You can easily sub dumbbells for the barbell (Jayne shows this option).

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 08:49 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
You inspired me to try Cardio Pump workout #2 and I like it for the exact reasons you listed

Let me know if you run across any more like this!
Ha, I might have more luck telling what I've recently tried and found to NOT meet my criteria.
  • James Crossley's Fit at 40+ -- too much up-and-down, does each group of exercises for 3 rounds (too repetitive)
  • Jenny Ford's strength from the Checkout Workout (she has this shared on YouTube) - a *maybe*, goes a little too fast to lift heavy but I might go back to it (I felt it the next day!)
  • KCM Muscle Up - way too much up-and-down
  • Cathe PHA2 - up and down
  • KCM Weights - I just couldn't get into this one - the moves just didn't click for me

Possibles that I have yet to try:
  • Paul Katami's Perfect 10 - though it is 45 min
  • Your Best Body premix
  • Sculpting Rx premix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I have only PREVIEWED KCM's Strong & Lean, but Strong is similar to Cardio Pump. She uses 3 exercises (supersetted) for each body part and starts with a barbell then dumbbells then a band. You can easily sub dumbbells for the barbell (Jayne shows this option).
Hmm. Off the take another look at that preview...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 07:54 AM  
alisoncooks

THREAD BUMP - UPDATE!

So based on Gibbee's recommendation, I ordered Strong & Lean and tried it this morning.

Thoughts: YES!! It's exactly what I was looking for...though it's not perfect. For one, the modifier doesn't modify except to show dumbbells instead of barbell (no biggie, I'm a big girl, capable of doing my own). Also, it comes in a hair short, time wise, which is okay since KCM includes a longer-than-usual stretch (+ a bonus 5 min ab "extender.") Final note: I feel like there's a leg section missing, lol. Cardio Pump is mostly arms...but with 2 lower body sections. Strong & Lean just has one lower body section (but does throw in a few wide squats during the back segment, iirc.)

Anyway, switching things up today wiped me! Whew! I def dropped my weights a little and modified tempo. Speaking of tempo, KCM incorporates more count-variety than in Cardio Pump, which was interesting. Also, I thought I'd hate the tubing, but it was really good! (I used my squishy, Leslie tubing for some of it, lol.)

2 thumbs up! Close enough to Cardio Pump for me to like it...but different enough to add variety.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote