Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-19, 07:30 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did two more workouts from Linda Woolridge's Pilates Mat Series
1) Lower body and abs
2) Arms and legs (most but not all of it- I ran out of time) I liked that this one used the band for both the upper and lower body at the same time. Good for travel.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 10:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

The Method Perfect Mix - Jennifer Kries

bought this at the library sale - it was pre-owned, but today was the first day i tried it. Metabolic Booster is one of the segments, and this one is 4-limbish, done well, with low weights.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 01:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Another literal shrinkwrap removal, second this week. This morning I did Jillian's Lift & Shred workout 1. I liked it a lot. You're supposed to lift heavy but since I'm really just getting back to lifting, everything gives me DOMS so I stayed light today but could definitely go heavier.
Thank you for mentioning this, Vantreesta! This morning I wanted a 30 minute non-nonsense total body weight work out and I remembered your post about this. So, that's what I did, and I think it was a first for me, though the shrink wrap was off. I liked this! Very straightforward. Not fond of the repetition usually, but it wasn't too bad for this. I didn't like some moves in the fourth/last set of exercises but I just switched it up. Those around the worlds, for instance, made my shoulder feel unhappy.

Followed it up with an Essentrics 30 minute stretch from Strength & Stretch in motion, which also may have been a virgin for me, though Essentrics are all similar enough that I wouldn't necessarily remember.
Old 10-15-19, 01:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Bee, so glad you liked it too! I know Jillian isn't for everyone but I think I've liked all of hers that I've done.

Today's virgin was 22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1. This was tough but I liked it. I couldn't keep up on the situps but everything else I was able to do all the reps. I still kept it light as I have a race this wknd and don't want to be overly sore. Next week I'll start going heavier in workouts. I used my Turbo Tower for the pullups. I surprised myself by doing all the reps. I could never do that with all my body weight but I did do all but the last couple of the first set without using my legs to help.

I followed it with an oldie that I can't remember if I've done before. I have index cards for all my workouts and I write the date on the card every time I do that workout, but I started the cards long after I got some of my videos so they don't have dates but have been done. This one was Rodney Yee, the DVD is labeled Yoga Burn, but he also has another with the same title. This one is just him and doesn't use any props/equipment. Also in the intro he calls this Slow Burn Yoga. The case says 2008, the DVD says 2005. The other workout called Yoga Burn uses the weighted gloves and he instructs Collen Saidman rather than doing the practice himself. Anyway, this practice has you slowly moving and doing most poses three times. Slow is hard bc I'm impatient and bc it requires more strength. It is 55 minutes long, and I did it all, but by minute 35 I was ready to be done and go eat!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 10:56 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Recent workouts:

- K4x4: I Am Athlete 1. Great workout! I used my weight vest and balance trainer for some exercises.
- DOTI: Hip Hop Party. It was ok, a bit fun, but not as good as Cardio Hip Hop, I loved that one.
- DOTI: Country Line Dance. It was fun! I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 11:08 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did one of the Linda Woolridge downloads I recently purchased. Burn It total body. Not a fan of many of these moves but I think I could manage it with mods if she didn’t go so darn fast.
I then did Mat Intervals arms and outer thighs. Again some of the exercises were too fast. It’s very hard to get an effective workout when it is performed at a fast pace, especially the moves with a large ROM. I wish I knew the Burn It one was a YouTube video before I purchased the download.
I think my next workout is going to be a tried and true one. Right now this project of doing only new workouts is getting kind of frustrating for me.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 07:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Today I did one of the Linda Woolridge downloads I recently purchased. Burn It total body. Not a fan of many of these moves but I think I could manage it with mods if she didn’t go so darn fast.
I then did Mat Intervals arms and outer thighs. Again some of the exercises were too fast. It’s very hard to get an effective workout when it is performed at a fast pace, especially the moves with a large ROM. I wish I knew the Burn It one was a YouTube video before I purchased the download.
I think my next workout is going to be a tried and true one. Right now this project of doing only new workouts is getting kind of frustrating for me.
I'm the same way. I have to mix it up. Many years ago I set out to do a new workout every day and it was very unsatisfying and stressful for me. If it's a new set to me and I'm trying to follow the rotation that came with it I do okay, but I tend to add in stuff I've done before too. Just doing random newbies every day with that as a goal doesn't work for me.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 08:20 AM  
wendug

Yesterday I opened up one of the BOSU workouts I received when they were free at their site. BOSU Reactive Strength and Power with Gay Gasper. I don't own a BOSU and use my Step 360 for this workout. Most of the workout worked great with the Step 360, but their were a few moves where a BOSU would have worked better (when the BOSU is flipped upside down). I did get a nice workout with this DVD, and I discovered I like doing tuck jumps on the Step 360! Gay is a fantastic instructor and leads this workout. Mindy Mylrea is one of the background exercisers along with a male I did not recognize. Overall this is a good workout but I found the third section my fave.
Old 10-16-19, 10:09 AM  
Venus

Last week I tried:

Kathy Smith Super Slimdown Circuit
This one has three workouts. I did each on separate days. They're great basic workouts and each is only 40 minutes- a perfect length for me since I could add on a short stretch/yoga routine. I especially liked the lower body workout and the fat burning (cardio interval) workouts. I went too light for the upper body. I plan on using heavier weights next time and I think I'll like it better then.

The Firm Transfirmer Series: Supercharged Sculpting
I liked the instructor (Pam Meriwether) and the bonus stretch.

Quote:
I was feeling this way, too. I've enjoyed trying new workouts, but it is a little hit or miss. I don't always get a great workout. On the other hand, I've found a few new favorites. I think I'll try to fit in some tried and true workouts as well, though.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 01:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
It’s very hard to get an effective workout when it is performed at a fast pace, especially the moves with a large ROM.
I am not sure about streaming workouts, but a DVD player's remote has a "slow" button. if anyone knows whether streaming has a similar option, please post.

my answer to the thread:

Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Body 2

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins