Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-19, 03:54 PM  
videofit

New item is pancake bread, which they describe as a 'short stack' baked into a moist, sweet loaf. It's just buttermilk coffee cake. Very good but in no way like pancakes.
Old 01-20-19, 11:39 PM  
videofit

Cream cheese frosted banana cake was mediocre. Cake was fine but the frosting was rubbery, as if they used cheap cream cheese with various gums.
Old 10-11-19, 08:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

have been enjoying the umami powder (from the spice section).

DH is traveling this weekend and here's my list so far*:

Umami powder
21 salute
Everything But the Bagel powder

*Hawaii is TJ deprived

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 06:18 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They are not croissants, but I plan to try this recipe. My son would love them:

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/ho...heese-pockets/
I have made this recipe several times since I posted. My son does love them

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 12:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

If you like the everything bagel spice, you should buy from balancedbites.com. It might seem expensive, but their bottles are much bigger than a normal spice bottle. The bagel mix is so much fresher than TJ's -- it's so yummy. I have tried all their mixes and love most of them.

Back to plugging TJ's, a friend of mine just told me about this: https://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/l...e-lentil-salad
and said it's so easy to make and so delicious. Took it to a party and everyone loved it. She also said she could see doing a lot of different things with it -- putting it on pasta, in a salad, etc. I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.
Old 10-23-19, 01:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
If you like the everything bagel spice, you should buy from balancedbites.com. It might seem expensive, but their bottles are much bigger than a normal spice bottle. The bagel mix is so much fresher than TJ's -- it's so yummy. I have tried all their mixes and love most of them.

Back to plugging TJ's, a friend of mine just told me about this: https://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/l...e-lentil-salad
and said it's so easy to make and so delicious. Took it to a party and everyone loved it. She also said she could see doing a lot of different things with it -- putting it on pasta, in a salad, etc. I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.
thanks for the tips!

in addition to the aforementioned spices, we picked up the Apple Cider cookies. they're great!

a co-worker turned us on to TJ's Maple cookies, which are good, so I asked DH to pick those up.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 07:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving the Trader Joe's thread!

Wow, I guess the pandemic called our TJ's musings to a halt.

I am planning to go to my local store soon, maybe tomorrow. Anything good to watch out for this time of year?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 09:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

You may find that some of your favorites are missing. They've had problems with not having some ingredients, and also..... glass jars! They were out of Chili Crunch for about a month because there was a glass jar shortage. So, just be prepared that you might not find old favorites. Have fun shopping (I know, I didn't answer your question.... sorry. I know on instagram they have been promoting "staycations" with greek/italian themed items).
Old 06-16-21, 09:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Bee. I saw that thing about the staycations online. I might put off going until next month. (The TJs is close to me, but I only speciality shop there a few times a year.)

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-12-23, 06:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Old thread alert

Planning on a trip to TJ tomorrow - anything new and good?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
trader joe's