Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-06-22, 08:52 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I'm glad the concert went well.

Cheryl I agree that it could be from covid. I have heard of a lot of people being really tired post covid

Check-In: 1 hour walk, JS standing abs

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 07:53 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 12,026

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-07-22, 08:24 AM  
lynnf

Hi all, sorry to be MIA. We had Pentecost holiday, so that kept me off the computer. Now past the vacation and that holiday so back to normal life and getting caught up on things -- finally. Going to get the eye doctor visit set up and my shingles shot and try to drop the vacation lbs as well. Did barre 3 30 minutes which was quite hard this time.

Cheryl, I've heard as well that there is a lot of fatigue after Covid, so just be patient with that.

Cynthia, congrats on the concert.

Diana, hope your numbers get sorted out with the new meds. I know that requires patience as well.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 04:39 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Arm Toning and Strength/Dumbbell Only Workout. Struggled a bit with my left elbow tendonitis. I am looking forward to my desk arriving so I can sit properly and hopefully get rid of this inflammation in both arms.

I bought clothes for the first time today in Portugal, other than a winter jacket that I bought at a Christmas fair in December because I had nothing warm. I got a skirt and two blouses, kind of vintage style a bit, making me think of the grace of the 1940s. They are from a Portuguese shop that tries to design more vintage-style clothes. I feel like I don't even know how to buy clothes anymore, it's been so long, but I needed some things, so this is a start. Really I need an outfit for a photo shoot for my new album. That is much more challenging, especially here.

Cynthia, I know what you mean about concert prep. It's hard to communicate how draining that is. Glad it all went well.

Lynn, glad you had that nice break, and you'll be back up to speed with your workouts in no time.

Diana, I like standing abs. (I dislike the lying down kind! ) It's so nice to have all the variety we have available nowadays.
Old 06-07-22, 06:26 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: lap swim. I've noticed some results since I upped my time to 45 minutes. My obliques seem to have firmed up so that I have a bit of indentation at sides of waist. Kickboard laps have helped lift rear. Still in need of improvement, but this gives me hope.

I probably won't be able to hog the pool for 45 minutes at camp, but high temperatures are predicted so I will pack a bathing suit. Three of us are going: the pastor and my church friend who co-founded the shawl project with me. The pastor is driving, and we're leaving mid-day Saturday b/c he needs to be back at our church on Saturday evening for an arriving Blue Theology group. Very fine with me; the original plan was to leave mid-day Sunday. The event on Saturday night, which I am glad to miss, is a talent show. Those things are always cringe-worthy at best. We head out on Thursday morning.

Cheryl, I think vintage or Boho styles would suit you very well. You definitely have the freedom to wear whatever you want!

Floor abs aren't as well regarded as they used to be, especially crunches. I remember reading in a fitness magazine (how long ago was that, when there were such magazines in print) some fit person was quoted as saying that the move that gave her such terrific abs was hanging from rings or a trapeze and lifting her knees to her chest. Somehow I've never gotten around to installing aerial equipment...
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 09:06 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I did the shopping for the blessing box and we had our ladies meeting tonight. I only had time for a walk.

Check-In: 30 minute walk

Cynthia Great job on those results.

Cheryl I'm looking forward to seeing the album cover when it's ready.

Lynn Thank you. My labs have improved. My DH still needs to get his second shingles vaccine.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-08-22, 07:20 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 8,926

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-08-22, 02:21 PM  
lynnf

Well apparently 1 in 6 people get flu-like symptoms from the shingles shot and I am among them. I woke up feeling so sick and could only get up to get some food at 2 pm. So no workout today. Weather is horrid, skies black all day so far, so I am not in the best mood. Hopefully I will be over this by tomorrow though it can last up to 3 days. Definitely not looking forward to shot 2, but have 2 months plus to worry about that.

Cheryl, your clothes sound lovely. How exciting that you have finished your album, and it will be great to have a Portuguese flavor on the cover.

Cynthia, looking forward to hearing about camp. The talent show probably is no big loss to skip. barre 3 never does crunches, it's always stabilizing the abs and then moving the legs (and maybe the arms as well) around a stable core, which is what hanging on the rings and raising the legs is doing. In gyms they have an apparatus, which is like a raised chair with a back and arms but no seat and you hang in it and raise your legs. My husband goes to the gym and calls it the captain's chair, but I think I've heard it called the Roman chair. He loves it, which I can't understand, because back it my gym days I thought it was killer.

Diana, can't blame your DH for not yet doing shot 2! I think I remember hearing that you had bad side effects from the shot. Did I remember correctly?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 03:16 PM  
Diana3271

Lynn Yes, you remember correctly. I felt awful! Benadryl and Tylenol helped.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-08-22, 04:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, I hope you feel better soon.

Check-in: lap swim.

For camp,never mind your vax card, everybody has to have a negative covid test, either on arrival, or bring your self-test result with you. It's about a 5-hour drive, so my group will self-test today. I just did, and got the negative result, so now I'll pack. Leaving tomorrow at 11 a.m.

See you next week.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote