Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-22, 03:25 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Full Upper Body: Toning and Strength. I've also been getting at least 12k steps each day over the past week, it seems.

Cynthia, I hope you are feeling better! I wanted to mention that I've found a vocal workout challenge, which reminds me of a regular workout challenge. I like Aussie Vocal Coach on Youtube. He has an eight-week female vocal challenge. You do the same workout every day for a week and then move on to the next. I'm on week two currently. I like this concept.

Diana, I hope the people at your church are recovering!

Waving to Lynn!
Old 06-27-22, 04:44 PM  
lynnf

Hi all, Sunday we got tied up with moving a bookcase from my office to our house, which was quite a workout. A friend with a truck helped as well as one of the police officers at school who came to unlock one of the doors when we couldn't get the bookcase to fit in the elevator and needed to go out via another building. The office ended up helping us carry and load and strap onto the truck. What a nice man! I did get in a 45 minute barre 3 plus yin yoga class and was too tired to check in. Today I was supposed to have my Zoom yoga, but my internet was down so I did a recorded yoga class from my teacher. I also did a MELT core class. I have been doing Melt (not mentioning since it's been pretty much massage-like) but this was hard core work with hard planks. I did this once before and was sore for days. This time it went better.

Cheryl, that festival sounded lovely. So glad to hear the good news about your niece and hoping you get a good mattress soon. Sleep is critical. Also very interesting about the music -- barre3 isn't using that service enough!

Diana, hope all your church members are recovered and the church is reopened soon. I hear now that 5 days of isolation and 5 days of strict masking (with a good mask, N95 or KN 95) is considered fully effective for folks with Covid in terms of not infecting others.

Cynthia, hope you are fully recovered soon. It is really weird that I am still doing barre3 so much. I usually never stick with anything this much. I keep expecting to get fed up, but so far not.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 06:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I decided to keep my ENT appt today even though I felt all better. I wanted to be sure, since the ear that acted up is my good ear. The other one lost a lot of hearing 11 years ago from a bout of flu. And yay, the doc said it was perfect.

I made pancakes this morning. The Blue Theology program is in full swing, a different group every week all summer.

When it cools off a bit, I plan to do a new weight workout from beachbody. It's like a sneak peek. The program isn't released yet but my beachbody coach sent a link to this 35 min full-body weights. Same instructor who did LIIFT 4, which I did (2 years ago?) and may revisit.

Back later.

Lynn, thanks for sharing that heartwarming story of the nice, helpful officer.

Cheryl, when you publish your travelogue of Portugal, be sure to include that magical festival!

Diana, holding your church family in prayer.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 09:31 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the prayers for my church family.

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 08:37 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 15,022

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-28-22, 09:03 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 3 minute signature. Lots of core, which wasn't so easy. Today I see the eye doctor for my annual check up. Trying to finish up my doctor chores this week -- have the dreaded dentist on Thursday. My normal dentist is in NYC, but it's just too expensive to make a trip there. The airfares are so high these days, so we couldn't make our usual trip east over the summer. So I am braving the local dentist, which I abandoned years ago. DH has kept going to the local place and they have a new dentist now, whom DH says is better and DH is going with me for moral support.

Cynthia, glad your ear is ok and you got it checked out.

Diana, you killed it on the steps yesterday!

Cheryl, is your niece feeling better? So wonderful that the prayers were answered and her heart healed, but hoping she gets her strength back as well.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 03:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Finally, a check-in! Did the sample workout of Liift More and enjoyed it. I subscribe to beachbody online, which is a reasonable fee. But they charge extra for "early release," which I won't pay for. Later, this program will be available to regular members, so I'll try the program eventually. In the meantime, I might re-visit LIIFT 4.

Here in droughtland, public fireworks displays are a thing of the past. So basically, I don't have any plans for the 4th of July. Monterey, the town next door, bans all fireworks. My town allows them, so the 4th is always noisy around here.
Old 06-28-22, 03:36 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Low Impact Full Body HITT. Here's the thing - this workout is the same length as Lynn's and my favorite (it doesn't have a warmup or cooldown because it's older, but the workout part is 30 minutes). Yet it burned a full 50 calories less than our favorite according to my tracker, and it felt like I was working a lot harder. And that was including the extra five minutes of cooldown and stretching I did after. Still searching for more of those magic bullets, but this one wasn't it.

Lynn, try not to worry about the dentist. I've had to go to three dentists here in Portugal as I was trying to find the place to get my work done and Invisaligns. But they were all actually very good dentists. New service is hard but you'll feel a lot better once you have the right person close by, I think. Praying you have a very good experience.

Cynthia, what a relief about your good ear. How are the kids that got Covid?

Diana, great job with the steps!

Our shipment was delayed and stuck for almost a month in Rotterdam. We didn't find out until two days ago, after it was already supposed to have arrived here. The tracking said it was on its way here, and then it suddenly changed. So now it's set to arrive on July 3rd, just three days before our customs-free deadline. It's been in the works for months and suffered many delays. Praying that it will be processed quickly and there will be no customs issue, which would cost us thousands.
Old 06-28-22, 03:41 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, hoping your shipment gets there in time. The group that had the covid kids is gone, and I actually heard nothing about them. I will ask. I made pancakes for a new group yesterday and, in line with our new policy, they tested negative before flying. Next week's group is from Indiana and the pancakes will be on July 5.
Old 06-28-22, 10:01 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour walk, JS Total Body Time Saver, Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch standing

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana