Is the workout set to music?
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 12:58 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I though I would re-print my body rolling class report:

"Body Rolling - Yamuna Zake, MA
http://www.yamunabodyrolling.com/

Yamuna was an excellent and fun instructor (beautiful, too!). Very warm and really knows her stuff. The class is about laying over a hard ball and rolling around the tight spots. It was kind of like self-Rolfing. She explained that the ball rolling can break up scar tissues and release muscles. The woman next to me was groaning, panting and grunting so much I wanted to ask her if she needed a cigarette after it was over."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 01:41 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
I though I would re-print my body rolling class report:

"Body Rolling - Yamuna Zake, MA
http://www.yamunabodyrolling.com/

Yamuna was an excellent and fun instructor (beautiful, too!). Very warm and really knows her stuff. The class is about laying over a hard ball and rolling around the tight spots. It was kind of like self-Rolfing. She explained that the ball rolling can break up scar tissues and release muscles. The woman next to me was groaning, panting and grunting so much I wanted to ask her if she needed a cigarette after it was over."

Oh, Alta!!!!
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 11:31 PM  
Susan

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but which 49.99 kit is better -- the one from Allaboutmassagers, or the one from Yamuna?

Also, do they ship quickly?

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04, 12:07 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

www.fitball.com or Ball Dynamics International has what they call Body Therapy. I ordered it and I got several size balls and a dvd. I really like the dvd. It seems to be beautifully done. It seems to be covering the entire body yet the whole package was so much cheaper than the Yamuna Body Rolling balls and videos. I actually purchased both, I like the Body Therapy dvd better than the Body Rolling videos.

Thanks, Mary.
Softshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04, 06:22 AM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

For those doing this, how do you deal with the balls pulling at your hair/clothes? That was a big problem for me when I tried a similar program some time ago. I'd like to try it again if there's a simple solution. (No, I won't do it nude or shave my head )
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04, 08:13 AM  
Seabush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Aline
www.fitball.com or Ball Dynamics International has what they call Body Therapy. I ordered it and I got several size balls and a dvd. I really like the dvd. It seems to be beautifully done. It seems to be covering the entire body yet the whole package was so much cheaper than the Yumana Body Rolling balls and videos. I actually purchased both, I like the Body Therapy dvd better than the Body Rolling videos.

Thanks, Mary.
Are you talking about the package located at http://www.balldynamics.com/product_...roducts_id/123

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04, 08:38 AM  
new2me

Wow, I ordered the Yamuna kit from allaboutmassagers yesterday and it has already shipped and should be delivered tomorrow! (I'm in California, they're in Oregon). I ordered the book from Amazon yesterday and it has shipped too. Very cool! I'll have to check out the Ball Dynamics one as well...

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer

Last edited by new2me; 12-01-04 at 08:54 AM. Reason: too sleepy...fixed wrong word
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04, 09:40 AM  
agilejacks

Is it fairly easy to figure out what to do with the movement and ball? I have so much trouble with yoga via a tape or DVD, I just don't enjoy it. But the Body Rolling looks very interesting and I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks,
Mary
Chicago, IL
agilejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04, 10:29 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Mary (Marie Aline), thanks for the link to Fitball.com. I am definitely going to order some stuff!!!Merry Christmas to me!!!

Mary (Agilejacks)- it's not anything like yoga. You sit on the ball and then roll it either down your leg or up your spine very, very slowly, stopping as you go and "sinking" into the ball to release your muscles. It's more like a massage, it's a little bit active but fairly passive in that you are relaxing and stopping.

Annie: I put my hair in a ponytail but haven't found that the ball pulls on anything. Yamuna does recommend wearing clothing so that the ball doesn't pull at your skin or any body hair.

Susan: I liked the $49.99 kit at Allaboutmassagers better, however, maybe we should check out the Fitball ones and see what they're all about.

BTW - I did the back tape again last night and it was just as wonderful. I can't wait to try the Fitball set too!
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl soleway, stomach massage, yamuna, yamuna ball substitutes