Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-05, 10:53 AM  
behaha

Welcome Talie! I had made the transition from Tae Bo to Firm and was looking for more when I found VF. I haven't looked back since! Love-love-love home exercise!

Harleygirl, welcome! where in LA is Winnsboro? Indeed, Cathe is a whole 'nother level to videofitness.

And Laura S, would you please Be Quiet about Marcus Irwin? I'm about to have all the christi hi/lo there is and while there's lots and lots of good step out there (and even in here, still working through seasun), I can tell I'm going to need to try new things to expand my hi/lo repertory...
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 11:28 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Talie - Welcome to VF! Sounds like you have found a way of exercising that works for you. We understand because we like it too. It also sounds like it's too late to warn you to hide your credit cards from the info you find here. But, you sound happy with what you're trying and that's good.

Barbara - I'll try... But, in my defense, it doesn't help the Ooty brings up the subject and reminds me!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 06:42 PM  
ooty

Welcome Talie!

Sorry, I have to pause to laugh
OK Barbara, in Laura's defense, I must say that I instigate the Marcus Irwin talk.
I have not 'stepped' in a while and may be that is why I am doing it. (I miss Stepping)
Well, I was 'Cardiocoaching', then spained my ankle, back up 'Cardiocoaching' and now having withdrawal symptoms because I cannot Cardiocoach as I am trying to get 'Sleek'...

Ooty
Old 08-24-05, 07:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
Welcome Talie!

Sorry, I have to pause to laugh
OK Barbara, in Laura's defense, I must say that I instigate the Marcus Irwin talk.
I have not 'stepped' in a while and may be that is why I am doing it. (I miss Stepping)
Well, I was 'Cardiocoaching', then spained my ankle, back up 'Cardiocoaching' and now having withdrawal symptoms because I cannot Cardiocoach as I am trying to get 'Sleek'...

Ooty
Well, you instigate some of the Marcus Irwin talk... Sorry to hear about your ankle. It's the hardest thing in the world to give the body time to heal (because it takes seemingly so long!).

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-24-05, 09:11 PM  
behaha

I'm so sorry about your ankle, ooty! rest it plenty...

I've managed to block out all thought of cardiocoach despite your pure pleasure in it due to the fact that I don't use machines and I can't imagine running. Don't tell me if he's good for fast walking too! But as for Marcus, both of you, I'm actually glad to know there's somewhere for me to go after Christi ... just please not yet, Lord, as they say...
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-05, 10:03 AM  
Barry

I'm Barry.

Anyways, I found this site while looking for information on the Revmster and Spinervals videos.

I'm single, 33 and currently a graduate student. I'm studing library and information science. My goal is to become a research librarian and specialize in criminal justice issues.

Running is out for me. A year long battle with neurofibrosarcoma (a fairly rare type of cancer I had five years ago) left me with foot drop. As a result I wear a brace that locks my foot at 90 degrees. I ditch the brace when I spin. I decided to purchase a Revmaster and start spinning at home because the spinning classes at the gym don't really fit my current schedule.

Outside of school and work I enjoy music (especially rockabilly, garage and ska), concerts, shows, dining out, wine, spinning and my small but growing collection of older double-edge razors.

Barry
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-05, 11:23 AM  
ooty

Hi,
Welcome Barry. Glad you found us.

Ooty
Old 08-25-05, 03:59 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome, Barry. You certainly will find fellow spinning enthusiasts on this board!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-09-05, 08:18 AM  
new2me

Hi all, once again I was on vacation and missed saying welcome to all of you...

Cathy - I'm in Northern California and had the privilege to visit Simi a couple of years ago where I sang with our choir at the Ronald Regan Library. You live in a beautiful part of the state. Welcome!

Harley Girl - Hi there, welcome! I'm so sorry to hear of the damage to parts of your state from Huricane Katrina...were you affected?

Talie - Welcome! I live in Northern Cal too!

Barry - Hi and Welcome...glad you are here! Wow, I salute you for your struggle with cancer and overcoming!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-05, 10:56 AM  
cpcathy

Thanks for the welcome!
My DH and I attended a formal dinner at the Ronald Reagan Library just Friday night, and the view from the gravesite is spectalular. We really love living here!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread