Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-12, 01:14 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
As I stated in another thread, I have small hands. I don't know if that's why I have trouble using the gripads for moves like snatches and swings, but I do. They feel like they're moving around on me a bit. I do, however, use them for push ups on the kb's and renegade rows and they work so much better for that than the weight lifting gloves I was using. If I try to do push ups or planks (renegade row starting position) with my hands on something solid and thin like that, my hands hurt. Eventually, the pain will start to shoot up my arm so I have to cushion my hands for those moves. The gripads are worth the investment for that alone, at least for me.
Thanks. If they feel like they're moving around I won't bother getting them. My gloves work well; my only complaint is that they're hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
I did purchase the Skogg Kb gloves. They work really good to protect the forearm. I put my wrist bands on under the Skogg gloves like Fonzie does. The way they are designed, they do not get too hot either. My only complaint is the center part on the palm area near the fingers seems to bunch up. The outer fingers have elastic bands to keep the glove anchored, however, there is nothing to keep the band anchored by the center fingers. I debated calling Skogg customer service to see if I could return them because of that complaint, but decided not to since they don't bunch up all time. Still, for $50, I feel I shouldn't have any complaints.
Thanks for your update. I'm not going to bother with these either. $50 is a lot of money and if they're not perfect, I don't want them.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:22 PM  
neatski

I have a pair of New Grips that I got a week ago. The heavy kettlebell work I do has ripped the crap out of my hands. I'm not quite sure I like them, though. I actually have a much harder time doing my heavy kettlebell stuff with them on because I don't have the sensory feedback from my hands. I'm going to try them again today and I'll post afterward.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 09:46 PM  
neatski

Posting a review of the New Grips on a separate thread.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gloves, kettlebell gloves, skogg, skogg gloves