Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-15-21, 01:01 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - your story sounds like mine when I was trying to get Barre3 to sync with the Chromecast. Nothing seemed to be working when my son yelled down to me to stop trying to cast to the tv where he was gaming. Whoops! I didn't click with the Barre3 workouts, but I paid for a year and wanted to try a few more before I gave up. Sorry about your commuting issues. It sounds like we are getting more icy rain later today/evening. Be careful.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 02:15 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 14:
~neighbourhood walk
~30 min rebounding
~My own standing yoga flow....lunge salutes, standing poses, forward bends

Feb 15:
~Neighbourhood walk
~20 min rebounding
~Jessica’s Metabolism Booster: Upper Body Circuit Walk
~VFer Toaster’s Yoga Class to Lengthen Laterally on YouTube

Lili - I’m sorry you didn’t click with Barre3. I really like the workouts, they are just my style but there’s no one size fits all. I say that as someone who just can’t get into the cycling thing.

Cleda - Enjoy your new challenge!

Waves to Helen!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 05:28 AM  
Helen

DH left over a week ago, not home until Friday.

First: Habit gets me doing yoga right after work (finished Sadhana yesterday)
Then: Alice gets me out to walk
Then: buddy gets me up into the gym
Then: dinner for puppy & me
Then: shower, brush Alice, ...
Then: the schlumpy silence REALLY hits... Firefly Lane is keeping me company

Sorry to be a misery-guts, but wanted to let you all know I'm MOVING, still HERE, but not chirpy enough to do long positive posts.
I'll list what I've done... soon.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 06:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Helen: and that's ok!!! so we do it for you. Until we schlump and then you take over. It's cyclical. Hang in there!

Pam:
SAY WHAT?!? can't get into cycling. Well! I never .... lol .... We all know how much I like yoga, so yeah ... I get it.

Waves to Lili & Kay!

And while I'm here:

2/15/2021: Power Zone ride with Matt (zones 5, 3 and 1 ~ this was a tough ride! I picked the toughest week to jump into the challenge, but I'm good with it.!!! All my tabata rides that Nancy encouraged me to do has served me well.) Denis's 10 mins. cool down ride, 5 minute post ride stretch, 20 minutes abs with Adrian

Feels good to be back with a schedule. I need that.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 03:30 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post & run....

Feb 16:
~Taught Essentrics
~Park walk & 20 min rebounding
~Yin practice on my own....forward bends, twists, & hip openers

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 02-17-21, 10:44 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/15 - 2 miles with Leslie, needed something easy since I gave blood in the morning.
2/16 - went to the Barre3 site to research streaming and found out I could download the app to my tv and stream directly! So I tried Cardio Strength w/ Lindsay and enjoyed it! Yes! I liked the instructor and the workout!
There was also a dog walk and some rebounding.

Helen - we all have our shlumpy days, yours just last longer with hubby at the farm. Perfectly understandable. No need to post your workouts if you don't feel like it, just having you check in when you can is good!
Pam - I'm really happy that I found a Barre3 that I liked, will definitely try more now.
Cleda - glad you have a schedule to keep you on track! I like not having to decide what I want to do, just do what it says, until I don't feel like doing what it says!

Old 02-18-21, 01:53 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 17:
~taught Essentrics
~Cardio: Body Groove 30 min & Neighbourhood walk
~my own yin practice, felt like doing my own thing again....forward bends, gentle back bends, & hip openers

Lili - I’m glad you enjoyed the Barre3 workout! I need to get back to them, I’ve been neglecting strength work lately.

Helen - We all have our schlumpy days, hang in there!

Waving to Cleda as she rides by!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 02-18-21, 04:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Pam: Quick waves as I ride on by! Too many workouts and not enough time (you mentioned needing more strength.) At least that's how I feel some times.

Lili: I agree! I think it's the "not liking what to decide to do" that drives me crazy. This way? It's there! I do it. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stacking feature on Peloton. The strength group I'm in puts out a calendar, complete with LINKS that takes me right to my Peloton page, I stack the strength workouts, so they are in there when I want/need am ready to do them. Some days I get to them? Some days I don't. I think it's one of the BEST features they've come out with.

Thank you both for always posting and keeping us rolling! I'm sporadic at best.

We're supposed to get another snow storm today. I'm so over winter. But I shouldn't complain since there are other parts of the country far worse off than we are. And I have a full tank of heating oil and electricity. So there's that to be thankful for.

Ok, on to me, me and all me.

2/16/2021: Rowed 30 mins
. (to all Queen music! loved this one) plus a 5 mins. cool down row (for technique), then a 45 minutes endurance power Zone ride with Denis (for the challenge), then 10 mins. core with Emma, 10 mins. Lower body w/Selena**, 10 mins. Yoga flow (don't fall over - it was to open up the hips and felt good!)

2/17/2021: Power Zone 60 mins. ride with Matt. This was all zones 4 & 2 and a tough ride (holding zone 4 for 8 minutes, 8 minutes, 6 mins., 6 mins, etc. etc.) I did great and EVEN got a PR! Which rarely ever happens. SO PLEASED. followed by 10 mins. "Bob Marley" Core workout with Emma and a Cool down ride with Denis (5 mins.)

** I had this one bookmarked as a good workout. I normally love working legs. I must have been caffeine deprived when I bookmarked this. In who's universe is it FUN to do static lunges, holding them for 5 seconds halfway, up and then all the way down? What was I thinking? I did like the weighted clamshells though and the donkey kicks with weights. Maybe THAT's What I remembered about it? Who knows.

The Bob Marely Core workout was great. (Side planks modified of course). LOL. She does side planks and pulls the bottom knee into the chest. Ummm. yeah. no. that's not happening, but holding a modified side plank still works the muscles. I Loved the music in this one, so I bookmarked it.

I've been trying to do core every day and I'm definitely feeling stronger. I slipped on the ice in the parking lot a few nights ago on the way to my car at work and I am convinced I was able to catch myself and NOT go down due to my strong core. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ok, gotta go get a workout in and get to work before the snow starts. This winter has been lonnnnnnggggg.

Make it a great day.
Waves to all!
Cleda

PS ... I am so happy to be back to the Power Zone challenge. I think the 4 ride format is awesome and enables me to do my 4 rides (plus one extra credit) and get lots of other workouts in also.
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 05:42 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - so glad you are enjoying your challenge! I haven't tried the stacking feature yet, but I like to stop and write down my stats after a ride or a treadmill w/o. Not sure if I could pause it while I did that.
Pam - I often avoid strength, so finding more of it is good!
Waves to Helen!

2/17 - dog walk
2000 Steps Walking w/ Gina B
30 Min. Low Impact Ride with Christine
2/18 - shoveling (a mix of snow and rain/sleet/ice)
a shorter dog walk, Tally was slipping and really didn't like it.
30 Min. Cardio Focus w/ Christa Joy (this was good, and one of the parts that bothered my knees, she gave an excellent modification)

Old 02-19-21, 12:40 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 18:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~Barre3: 10 min upper body
~Functional fitness painting a large spare bedroom with DH. He did the edging and around doors, I used the roller. Wondering if my shoulders will feel it tomorrow.
~30 min rebounding
~Yoga & Muscle Release (YT) - This was a nice short practice with some lovely stretches & a little gentle foot, leg, & shoulder ball massage. It was by an Essentrics buddy & mentor who did my level 1 Essentrics exam in Tulsa back in 2017.

Today was Day 60 of my Yoga Sadhana & I'm officially done! I hope to continue with a more consistent yoga practice.

Cleda - You are a machine, I’m in awe!

Lili - I love that B3 offers lots of modifications, I think the instruction & focus on form is excellent.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn