Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-21, 04:07 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 6 (Circuit #2 Lower Focus!)

Hi Ladies,

Did the Lower Focus workout today and I liked it very much! But, that's all I had the energy or time for! I remember doing this one before, so it hasn't been too far in the distant past.

Donna, I never seem to reach for Denise's workout, even though I have plenty of them. I tend to prefer her yoga, Pilates, and ab exercises to some of her others.

More snow is expected here tomorrow and then a few more days afterwards. Can't catch a break yet! My bottom was aching last night. I had to slap it a few times after shoveling.

Have a good Monday!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 09:35 PM  
Leonana

Today was WS3 Total Body. I kept up pretty well and increased my weights a little bit. I skipped one move, the bicycle type crunch. I just rested on the floor ha ha. I’m enjoying this and just started week 3. However, I’m not sure I want to do the full eight weeks, I might want a change by then.

Pam, it sounds like Shovel Max is a good glute workout.

Donna, I’m glad the snow wasn’t too bad. I read the Pilates checkin thread and noticed your post about Cheri. I follow her on IG and she is posting regularly. She’s doing Suzanne Bowen every day, and also posting about the many books she reads. I wish I read that much, but I spend too much time online!

Waves to Liz and wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 02-09-21, 02:04 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today was Cardio Step Jam. This one isn't too much of a killer since I do it on the top step of the transfirmer. Maybe I should go with the bottom step next time? Overall I enjoyed it.

I didn't get in any extra yoga or dancing with Leah Sarago at lunch time today. I will try again tomorrow. It is only 10 minutes! I can DO it!

Donna, always good to find a good workout by surprise! I don't have any Denise Austin but I have a bunch of Margaret Richards so maybe I should try her next. I don't want to burn out on Jessica and I have been doing her a lot lately!

Pam, at least shoveling is a good workout!

Sherry, I'm getting a bit bored with this rotation too. Not sure i'll make it 8 weeks. We'll see. I agree, that bicycle type crunch is not necessary! hahaha!

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday for my add-ons I did Lucy Wyndham Read's Advent Calendar Day 20 - which was cardio and arm toning. I also did a 10 min walk from Denise Austin that was a clip, I believe, from her LifeFit program.

Today, I got more done on the Advent Calendar:

Day 21 - Standing Abs
Day 22 - 7 Min Walk & Glute Toning
Day 23- 7 Min 1,000 step walk

I enjoyed all of these and they made for a nice routine.

I finished w/:

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Stress Relief - 10 min

I still have Day # 4 and Day # 24 of the Advent calendar to complete! She has a new rotation for January and February...

Liz - I do try to do 10-15 min mid day at work - I don't really take a formal lunch or anything so that is my break..

Sherry - 8 weeks would be hard for me to complete w/out doing some sort of modification or off days!

Pam - Shovel Max is brutal. I think we are in for similar weather - every day looks like something....and cold....as the week goes on.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 02:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Rosalie Brown's 30 minute TG Cardio Strength Interval workout. It was a good one, switching between light jogging on the squat stand to pull ups, chin ups, leg curls, and ab work. Very efficient cardio blast interspersed with strength exercises!

If I have time tonight I will do WS 2 Poise and Grace. But more shoveling may be my wrap up, depending on how much more snow we get!

Take care everyone and have a good day!

April Focus:
Old 02-09-21, 04:25 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Sunday was a double shovel max workout. I went out two separate times to shovel about 4" of wet snow each time. I didn't get very sore though so I was surprised, but I did feel very tired yesterday so I didn't do anything, other than walk 10,000 steps doing a combo of Jessica youtube walks and walking around the house.

I had a meeting this morning and then I started the final week of WS1, which was Interval Mix. It was supposed to snow again today but nothing so far. I'll probably do another walking workout later tonight.

My older nephew has COVID. He's had it for about a week and said he's feeling a little bit better, but it's so scary.

Waves to all!
Old 02-09-21, 10:20 PM  
Leonana

Just a Goodwill run today, we went to only two, so not as much walking. I didn't find any good dvds. Still looking for another KCM, but I think my one find was an exception! I did pick up a workout tank though. I have found workout capris and shorts from Goodwill too. All of my workout clothes come from there, lol. I also found some DNKY black sweatpants, which I wear around the house as casual wear.

I checked to see when I could get a vaccine in our county, and it would be spring at the earliest. Right now is Phase 1B, which is over 75, teachers, etc., law enforcement and some essential workers. As essential workers, I believe my husband and daughter qualifies. I'm the only one in the family who doesn't qualify until Phase 2. However, I checked and there are no appointments currently available for them.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew, but glad he is better.

Donna, I haven't tried Denise Austin. I have seen some of her dvds at the thrift store. I think I saw a yoga buns one today. I might pick one up sometime, and hope her voice doesn't bother me, lol.

Liz, I use the top of the Firm Fanny Lifter, which seems to be similar in height to the top of the Transfirmer, but maybe a little bit higher.
Old 02-10-21, 01:52 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today I did Barre Sculpt. I'm not a big fan of this one. Jessica seems to be on a tear and there is barely a split second between the moves. It is tough! I skipped a bunch at the end - the ab work and the tricep dips (I killed my triceps years ago doing a Cathe routine and they have never really recovered)

Anyway, I did the rest as best I could. The weight work wasn't bad but the standing leg work - yowser!

Tomorrow, I'm going to try again to do a 10 minute routine at lunch. I get so caught up at work and it is so busy that I don't think I can do it, but I. know. I. can!!

Donna - looks like you are knocking routines off your list and you are almost done with the Advent calendar! I love your variety.

Pam - Poise and Grace is one of my all time faves.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew! I hope he recovers quickly and stays recovered and doesn't give it to anyone else.

Sherry - I miss thrifting! I really only go to the grocery store these days. Do you think thrift stores are better stocked than pre-pandemic times? I heard a lot of people were decluttering (including me).

Off to watch mindless netflix to wind down!
See you tomorrow,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't feelin' it today - so I just did a stretch routine this morning - it was the Deep Stretch from CocoLime - MitFit 90.

Late on today I will get my walk in w/ Leslie!

Yesterday I did a walk at lunch - from Leslie/Walk at Home's You Tube channel - it was actually filmed outside and lead by Rocky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhDvvCtR4Qc

Not much else to report - snow for the next few days....but I guess it is February.

I have a crazy busy day today....back to back meetings...

I think I get a break at 2:30 at which time I will schedule my walk.

Sherry - thanks for the update on Cheri! I guess she is taking a break from VF. You can try Denise Austin on You Tube. The BeFit channel has many of her DVD workouts - so you can definitely see if she can work for you.

wishiwasinhawaii - sorry about Shovel Max 2X!! Yuck. I'm also sorry about your nephew getting COVID. I hope he continues to feel better, I agree, it is quite scary b/c you just never know how it is going to turn out.

Pam - you are doing a great job w/ TG!!

Liz - nice work - I have realized that Jessica does sometimes move too fast for me. I know what you mean about work - even though I'm working at home, it is hard for me to take breaks...I think I'm going to schedule a 30 min meeting w/ myself so that I can force myself to take breaks and so that no on else tries to schedule anything during that time.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 02:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 8 (Poise and Grace!)

Hi Ladies,

I was so beat last night after shoveling driveway, I skipped Poise and Grace yesterday! I like this one and lots of lower body and upper body exercises, plus balance!

I also added a 12 minute quickie routine with TG exercises for Women (just using the cards from the training deck!)

Have a good day all!

April Focus:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy