Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-21, 03:18 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Goodness gracious, FN2!!!! I'm SO relieved and pleased to hear all is well with Tank and Big Orange. How scary that must have been! I hate the upper respiratory stuff. Lux gets pneumonia at least once per year because of his rocky start early in life and always requires two antibiotics. I keep L-Lysine treats on hand at all times for him and Cheeto who are what I call 'herpes' cats due to their repeated URIs. I had a cat five cats ago that was also similarly afflicted, and he sometimes sneezed blood if he got a bacterial thing on top of a viral outbreak. Big hugs to you, Tank, and the Big Orange (and your hubby too)!!

Yes, FN2, I've really enjoyed this week 'off'...gearing up for the final Mess!! Kinda skeered!

KateTT, thank you for that Eoin share!! Wow!

Bee, Imax Extreme is I think another one of those 'used to have dread factor and no longer does' workouts for me because I've simply done it so much that now it doesn't faze me! Speaking of that...

I was wondering if you all agree. I'm finding that the more familiar with any workout I get, the less dread it has, and I'm curious if it's a 'knowing what comes next or what to expect' thing versus actual physical conditioning? I'm almost feeling like it's more mental than anything for me and that's very interesting! Thoughts?

Today I'm planning on trying out the Happy Hour practice from Travis on YouTube. Hope it's yummy. Stay fierce, Watulans!!! Hugs all the way around!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 04:12 PM  
Garrie A.

Happy Friday! I went back to my other job on Monday, and it's been crazy.

Monday and Tuesday I tried Perfect Pump, doing upper body on Monday and lower body Tuesday. Usually I do longer workouts but since time was short those days, they were perfect. I enjoyed them, and they packed a lot into 30 minutes. For the upper body, I was able to match Cathe on some exercises and had to go lighter on others. There were a few times I could've went heavier, but overall I chose my weights well. I had a nice afterburn in my back , shoulders, and triceps. The lower body was okay, although I will increase my weights next time and/or use a weighted vest. I did have a little extra time that day and also added the "Tone That Th@$$" segment from Wimberlean.

Wednesday was an unplanned rest day, because I was wiped out. Butt my energy came back on Thursday because I ended up pulling out Pyramid Upper Body, and I'm definitely feeling it today. I went heavier than Cathe on a few exercises (all back exercises and tricep kickbacks in particular). But I will be honest; when it came time for biceps I had to drop down at the 8 rep set because I was dying. My biceps are my weak area.

I'll be back later with personals and my workout of choice. Waves all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 09:11 PM  
Garrie A.

I ended up doing two BBL workouts back-to-back: Bum Bum followed by High & Tight. Whenever I used to do these workouts I used to do them separately but now that I'm much stronger I do them together. I remember Bum Bum used to leave me walking funny the next day. Wonder how I'll feel tomorrow... I finished with Day 4 of The Firm's 5-Day Stretch.

Bee: I have several of Ilaria's workouts. So far I've only done Powerstrike Millennium 3 and Powerstrike 6. I liked them both, although I found PS6 a little hard to follow because it seemed as if Ilaria would only cue the combo once or twice and then I was on my own. Gosh, I haven't done Supersets in forever and a day. Maybe since I started getting and doing Cathe's workouts about four years ago?

Manleym: I like the Hardcore series but not all of them. The GymStyles and Muscle Max are my favorites in the series. (Butt then again I lifting weights.) IMAX 3 was ok, but it had a little too much high impact for my taste and the recovery periods seemed nonexistent.

Thanks for the welcome KateTT! You are a warrior! MBF looks interesting, but I like the older Beachbody workouts. I've toyed the idea of doing a mini Body Beast or P90X rotation but not to the letter. On New Year's Day I did Great Glutes Extreme and ed it. My glutes felt stapled together afterwards!

Kim: Step Appeal was my first experience with Patrick. I rented it from Netflix and disliked (but not hated) it. A fellow VFer gifted it to me two years ago but I still have PTSD from it. I've tried two of Patrick's other step workouts (B.E.S.T and Step Up) and enjoyed them, so I'll eventually get to Step Appeal again. Now that I'm a choreography junkie I think I'll have better luck catching on.

Cataddict: Glad the knee is better, and great news from the vet! I like Turbo Fire although I can only take Chalene in small doses. Two years ago I did ChaLean Extreme but bailed on the last week of the program because I was burned out.

ChelePA, that is scary about your mom. My mom had to go to the hospital last month due to a COPD flare-up. We thought she had COVID, and the doctor thought it might've been a blood clot.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 09:56 PM  
ChelePA

The saga continues with my mom. Three more people tested positive for Covid. That is six people out of approximately 25 staff members. I need to find out more information before I decide if my mom should return to work on Monday. Although it’s really not my decision, as you all know she’s pretty stubborn. Hoping I can talk some sense into her.

I had a rough night of sleep and thought I might take a rest day. While waiting for a prescription to be filled, I was reading your posts. You all inspired me to follow through with our Friday workout. Especially since I chose it I love Imax Extreme! I think it’s just fun cardio. No dread factor despite the length.

Kittybug-I agree the more I get to know a workout, the more I enjoy it. And Bee those plié squat jumps at the end are always a killer.

Cataddict-so glad everything is OK. What a relief!

I will catch up more with the posts tomorrow. I’m off to bed to hopefully get some good sleep. Who’s going to make the decision for fun Friday this upcoming week? Can’t wait to hear the choice!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:05 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
The saga continues with my mom. Three more people tested positive for Covid. That is six people out of approximately 25 staff members. I need to find out more information before I decide if my mom should return to work on Monday. Although it’s really not my decision, as you all know she’s pretty stubborn. Hoping I can talk some sense into her.
I hope everything turns out well for your mom. The number of cases in this company is scary. Convincing our parents to be careful is not always easy.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:10 AM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I’m very glad to hear that Big Orange and Tank didn’t have anything seriously wrong. The sneezing blood thing would have definitely had me worried. But it’s somewhat comforting to know from Kittybug that she has had experience with it and it can be from infections.

Bee I felt the way you did at the end of IMAX Extreme. I was physically tired but also mentally tired and I also flummoxed some of the footwork at the end. I think my brain was done!

Garrie you mentioned going back to your second job this week. I was wondering if the Community Center where you teach has been open. Is that the job you returned to?

Also BBL is Brazilian Butt Lift, right? I have been so curious about that set. I almost bought it a couple of times but never pulled the trigger. I have the Beach Body You Volume 2 set, so I have a feel for Leandro as an instructor. Maybe next time I get on a buying spree, I will get it.

Yes, you definitely need to do Patrick’s Step Appeal again. I know you can get the choreography! It’s tricky but not impossible and it’s fun!

Kittybug to answer your question about the dread of a workout - I don’t generally do workouts repeatedly in a short time frame. So I tend to forget the specifics but I remember whether I liked it or not. So if I found it hard, my dread never really goes away! Maybe if I tried your method that would change.

ChelePA so scary about your mom’s employment. If you can talk her into it, I think she should stay home. Oh I hope you can.

You guys talking about Cathe Live have had me looking at her website. I can’t believe I was contemplating it. I don’t like streaming at all. I think the idea has passed.

I haven’t decided what workout I will do today. It’s still early.
Old 01-09-21, 12:32 PM  
ChelePA

Today was my last day using the Fit Split Series. I did the bonus abs first then legs and glutes. That bonus should really be labeled total body bonus. Haha. I find it tough especially if I do it at the end of a workout. My form is so much better in the beginning. No matter how many times I do it, it really challenges me. Also I find this lower body workout packs a punch in a short amount of time. My legs were wobbly at the end. I finished with my January challenge of burpees, planks and core exercises only doing 1 round today then used a Caroline Jordan YouTube foam roller stretch.

Garrie—I’m also curious where you are teaching. I miss my YMCA days. Especially my cycling classes! So many different instructors with such awesome music! Hoping I can return next year. I just don’t feel comfortable wearing a mask for that type of class.

Kim you know you want to join everybody with Cathe live. I still haven’t signed up. Maybe I’ll take the time this weekend to register.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 02:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello all! Today is Surprise Saturday, but it wasn't much of a surprise.... I really wanted to finish the Body Blast series, so I did Legs & Glutes. I mostly really like that workout -- I hadn't done it in a very long time, so I had forgotten.

kittybug, I think a big part of adjusting to workouts is mental -- there's definitely some physical adaption involved, but the dread, for me anyway, is more of a mental thing and the more I do it the more I realize it's not so bad. Maybe the ones I dread so much have a problem of being so physically demanding that I haven't done them enough to get over the mental hump.

manleym, I'm thinking about doing Powerstrike 5 on Wednesday this week -- does that work with your schedule? Anyone else who has it want to join us? I'm a little worried about Gary's comment on #6. I have a feeling that may be why I gave up on Powerstrikes. I hope I can follow when I get to it.

I'm starting the Hardcore series next and thinking about doing one of the Hardcore Extreme workouts tomorrow for Slogging Sunday. Not sure I've ever done one of those! If I have, it's been a very long time.

cataddict, interesting that you also have some twinges after Cathe's kickboxing -- that's three of us. I also don't fault her -- she makes some really fun kickboxing workouts! I just know I have to be aware of what they do to me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 01-09-21, 02:18 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

I'm glad most of us were able to do IMax Extreme either Thursday or yesterday. It was so much FUN! I have to be honest and say that I was not looking forward to it. Yesterday was Full Friday at work, with alot of deadline/time sensitive stuff so it was non-stop all day. I had to work late, I was tired, and I knew IMax Extreme was long. But I remembered my fierce friends, came home, and did it anyway. And I was so glad! I would have missed out on a GREAT workout! So thanks friends, for doing a workout with me on the same day! It really motivates me!

I think Gauntlet is my favorite, then IMax Extreme and Viper. But I'm going to have to give Viper another chance. I was tired and fatigued when I did it, so it felt hard to me. And it's supposedly the easiest on of the 3. So I think it was a me thing and not the workout.

Cataddict I'm so glad nothing was terribly wrong with your furbabies. Gald it was just an infection and Kittybug has some experience with how to treat them. That was scary! Great news that your knee is better! YAY! Glad you joined us yesterday for IMax Extreme. Oh, what are ya'll watching on Passport? We just finished Hinterland series and are looking for something new.

KateTT Great Glutes is one of my favs! In fact I like all of the workouts from the 2013 series. 58 is way too young to stop! I wanna keep going as long as I can. You can definitely handle Terminator. Agree with Bee that they are more endurance based workouts and stamina is a huge part of getting through them. But they are FUN and so worth doing!

Bee YES I was tired after doing IMax Extreme! But those 2 intervals /blasts from IMax 2 ALWAYS make me tired. My air jacks and plyo jacks are pretty puny. I didn't have time for extra stretching yesterday so I'm hoping to do some today.

Kittybug, yes I agree that the more familiar I am with a workout the less dread it has. I'm guess it's a muscle memory/mental thing more than physical conditioning, although I've revisited workouts that were hard the first couple of times and aren't so much anymore. That would be due to physical conditioning, right? How was Travis's Happy Hour practice?

ChelePA I'm so sorry this saga is dragging out with your mom and her work place. That is just so not right and so very frustrating! I'm not sure I remember the bonus stuff from Fit Split so I may need to revisit.

So what are we doing next Friday for Fun Friday?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 02:20 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
manleym, I'm thinking about doing Powerstrike 5 on Wednesday this week -- does that work with your schedule? Anyone else who has it want to join us? I'm a little worried about Gary's comment on #6. I have a feeling that may be why I gave up on Powerstrikes. I hope I can follow when I get to it.
Yes! Let's plan on Powerstrikes 5 on Wednesday!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in