Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-04-21, 08:23 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA thanks for the picture of Winston. OMG, he's so darn cute! I'm glad you're getting to do some workouts with your favorite Y instructor. It's not the same as before, but maybe it helps feel like things are starting to move back to normal?

Hey guys, I think I might do Imax Extreme earlier than Friday this week. I am usually tired by the time Friday comes along and I don't know if I will have the energy to do a long workout. So I might jump the gun and do it Wednesday or Thursday.

Cataddict I miss Watula too. I know it's silly because I didn't even know Watula, but she looks a lot like my Winnie who died in January, 2020. So when I see her picture it reminds me of Winnie.

Kittybug I hope you're feeling better.

Kate posted a new 2021 checkin for Fitchicks so she's around. I'm sure she'll pop in here too.

Tonight I did a new workout, Patrick Goudeau Step Appeal. It just came in the mail today from Mary. She's so nice, she keeps sending me workout DVDs. Anyway, I liked it, but it sure was tricky. I stuck to the base moves for a lot of it and made up some of my own stuff when it got too crazy. Since it's on the dancier side, I found the workload to be moderate. I liked the music too. My only wish would be if he had one of his background exercisers stay at the easier version like Christie Taylor used to do. That way there is someone to follow if you need it.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 01-04-21, 09:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey, Kim, I realized today that if I'm sticking to my alternating cardio and yoga plan for this recovery week, I too need to do Imax Extreme on Thursday and not Friday, since I did cardio on Sunday and am doing it tomorrow. I'll totally join YOU in that case, if I stick to my plan, and we can Fun Friday early on Throwback Thursday, hah hah hah!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 11:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi again Watulan friends!

Today I did Cathe Live #287 which was kickboxing, low impact HiiT and abs. I skipped the abs and instead followed it with the Halloween Hocus Pocus Live that I hadn't done before. Weird but #287 has the class in it and I got a bit distracted by some of the less than stellar form of class members when the camera panned the room. I didn't really notice it before Cathe started doing them by herself. I'm sure I'll get used to the class again, and I do kind of miss seeing familiar faces in the crowd. I liked the Halloween Cathe, and I kept thinking "how in the world can they work out in those costumes?" I'm sure that's why it was a shorter offering.

I might do IMAX Extreme on Thursday since I don't have a specific plan for recovery week. I'm going to do something other than kickboxing tomorrow as #315 and #287 had a number of similar moves and I want to do something different.

Kim, I didn't get all of Step Appeal on the first try (or even the second or third) but I got a lot more the second time. I've noticed that sometimes Patrick uses a modifier but not always in his step routines. Still, I him! Thanks for the kind words about Watula. I don't usually keep an avatar the same for this long, but I just love looking at her cute face and remembering how sweet and feisty and fierce she was.

Chele, Winston is a cutie! Our German Shepherd loved the snow and used to toss it around with her nose! The only time she didn't like it was when the snow got to be too deep and she couldn't walk through it too well. Four inches deep would have been perfect for her.

FN1, Hardcore Extreme isn't as good as the Terminator DVD (IMHO) but don't let that dissuade you. After all, STS uses a ton of equipment and you are doing that system!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 01:01 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Here you are!! Egad, I'm already behind 5 days into the new year. But I found the new thread link and will join back in. Whew.

Just gotta say, welcome Garrie WATULAN GOD! That is awesome! I have seen your posts off and on and I know you'll love this room. WELL DONE on STS. I just finished a rotation this last Fall. Best strength building set ever IMO.

Big waves to everyone else. Some of your Cathe workouts I have been avoiding like Gauntlet, Viper etc. Don't know why I'm so chicken?

Not sure where I left off. So I'll just start with this week. I didn't do anything besides Yoga and meditation over the holiday weekend anyway.

Monday I started Beachbody's Muscle Burns Fat with Megan Davies. I have never done any of her workouts before, never even heard of her, but KathyG raved about it (she hooked me on 80 Day Obsession) so I decided to try. I LIKE!

I'm doing my own rotation. Also these are all 30 min workouts so I'm putting two together. Yesterday I did Day 3 Upper + Day 1 Lower Body Burn in that order. Very unique sets and the pace was slow enough I could lift heavier. Megan often works one side at a time which I loved. Again, could go heavier. The "class" is like a big Zoom meeting and it's fun to see different people and body types doing these workouts.
Upper covered everything pretty well except triceps were a bit neglected.
Lower was also very good, lots of good sets. Each set in both workouts were followed by a brief jumproping segment. You're supposed to use a Beachbody rope but I didn't use anything. Just enough to bump up the HR a little.

Today back to Cathe. I had one Xtrain workout left so did Xtrain All Out Low Impact HIIT Extreme Mix 16. That mix adds on the floor cardio again to bring it closer to an hour. 52 min I think. It's hard not to jump!

So this month will mix MBF and Cathe. I have Strong & Sweaty coming up plus some of the "unnamed" series like Great Glutes, Lean Legs & Abs. And more that I have avoided. So stay tuned.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 01:16 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FN2, now you have me eyeing the Hardcore Extreme DVD, dang it!! Good point on the equipment, hah...yep, STS uses LOTS of it, so what's the diff!!

Yay, KateTT, you're here!!! I was hoping to see you here. Honestly, you shouldn't be chicken of any of the Terminator workouts as fierce as you are!! They'd be like a walk in the park to you! The MBF stuff sounds interesting. That's BBOD, right?

Not sure what's on the workout menu for me today, some kinda cardio though. I'll check back in laters. Waves to all!!!

Old 01-05-21, 04:06 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All,

For everyone eyeing Hardcore Extreme. I enjoy the Terminator so much more! I also prefer the individual DVDs that comprise Hardcore Extreme- KickMax, Lo Max, Imax3, and High Step Challenge more than I do the compilation. With the individual DVDs you can make your own Hard Core Extreme DVD since Cathe tells you specially what comes from each DVD and the order that they come in. It will not take too long to do this. It is all on the up and up since they are your own DVDs and you can play whatever chapters you please.

Interval Circuit - 71 min.

Warm Up Imax 3
Imax Interval 1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval 2
High Step Cycle #1
Leg Press with Band
Tricep Push Ups on Step
Leg Press with Overhead Press
Dips
Side Push Ups
Imax Interval #4
Imax Interval #5
High Step Cycle #2
Squats with Barbell
Deadlift with Barbell
Barbell Rows
1st Set Barbell Rows
2nd Set Back Rows with Band
Push Ups
Imax Interval #9
Imax Interval #10
High Step Cycle #3
Leg Press with Band
Hammer Punch Lunges
Barbell Curls
Barbell Curls
One Arm Overhead Press with Band
Plus add on Upright Row/Overhead Press with Dumbbells (only this Exercise, not the Whole Cycle)
High Step Stretch

High/Low Intervals - 73 Min.

LoMax Warm Up
LoMax Step Combo #1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #2 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #3 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #3 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #6 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #7 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #4 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #10 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge
Kick Max Stretch

Interval Blast Plus Legs - 69 Min.

Imax 3 Warm Up
Imax Interval #5 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 1st 5 Blasts)
Imax Interval #8 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #9 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 2nd 5 Blasts)
Kick Max Leg Conditioning Drills
Kick Max Stretch
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 06:42 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Hello All,

For everyone eyeing Hardcore Extreme. I enjoy the Terminator so much more! I also prefer the individual DVDs that comprise Hardcore Extreme- KickMax, Lo Max, Imax3, and High Step Challenge more than I do the compilation. With the individual DVDs you can make your own Hard Core Extreme DVD since Cathe tells you specially what comes from each DVD and the order that they come in. It will not take too long to do this. It is all on the up and up since they are your own DVDs and you can play whatever chapters you please.

Interval Circuit - 71 min.

Warm Up Imax 3
Imax Interval 1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval 2
High Step Cycle #1
Leg Press with Band
Tricep Push Ups on Step
Leg Press with Overhead Press
Dips
Side Push Ups
Imax Interval #4
Imax Interval #5
High Step Cycle #2
Squats with Barbell
Deadlift with Barbell
Barbell Rows
1st Set Barbell Rows
2nd Set Back Rows with Band
Push Ups
Imax Interval #9
Imax Interval #10
High Step Cycle #3
Leg Press with Band
Hammer Punch Lunges
Barbell Curls
Barbell Curls
One Arm Overhead Press with Band
Plus add on Upright Row/Overhead Press with Dumbbells (only this Exercise, not the Whole Cycle)
High Step Stretch

High/Low Intervals - 73 Min.

LoMax Warm Up
LoMax Step Combo #1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #2 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #3 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #3 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #4 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge
Kick Max Stretch

Interval Blast Plus Legs - 69 Min.

Imax 3 Warm Up
Imax Interval #5 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 1st 5 Blasts)
Imax Interval #8 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #9 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 2nd 5 Blasts)
Kick Max Leg Conditioning Drills
Kick Max Stretch
This is AWESOME! Thanks so much Horusosiris!! You've convinced me to pass on HCE and just make my own compilation. I had the feeling Terminator is better/more fun just because the Intensity Series is better/more fun than the Hardcore Series, at least for me.

Yesterday, I did Cathe Live METABOLIC LOWER BODY #317 and LOVED it! I'm feeling it today too so that's a bonus! This workout just WORKED for me! I loved the moves. I loved the music. Typically I don't notice the music in the Lives - most of the time it's good, but I REALLY liked the music in this one! Cataddict, you need to try it! Have you tried it, Horusosiris?

Garrie and KB thanks for enabling me to get High Step Training. I've been crazy busy at work the past few days since I was off for two weeks, so I haven't taken the time to buy it yet, but it is on my list!

Sorry so brief - gotta run. I feel like that's all I've been doing the past few days. Just one of those weeks, getting back into the routine and craziness of life and work after having time off.

Hugs and waves to all! Glad to see you KateTT!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 08:59 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
This is AWESOME! Thanks so much Horusosiris!! You've convinced me to pass on HCE and just make my own compilation. I had the feeling Terminator is better/more fun just because the Intensity Series is better/more fun than the Hardcore Series, at least for me.

Yesterday, I did Cathe Live METABOLIC LOWER BODY #317 and LOVED it! I'm feeling it today too so that's a bonus! This workout just WORKED for me! I loved the moves. I loved the music. Typically I don't notice the music in the Lives - most of the time it's good, but I REALLY liked the music in this one! Cataddict, you need to try it! Have you tried it, Horusosiris?

Garrie and KB thanks for enabling me to get High Step Training. I've been crazy busy at work the past few days since I was off for two weeks, so I haven't taken the time to buy it yet, but it is on my list!

Sorry so brief - gotta run. I feel like that's all I've been doing the past few days. Just one of those weeks, getting back into the routine and craziness of life and work after having time off.

Hugs and waves to all! Glad to see you KateTT!
You will love HST!!! It’s a good one! I also agree that The Terminator is better than HCE. My favorite would be the High/Low Intervals. It’s a tough cardio workout! And fun! The other two are ok. Lots of equipment and not enough time.

Today I did a Kat step workout. About 45 minutes. Always makes me smile. Love the combos and music! And no ads I also did my January challenge of planks, burpees and core. Then I added on a 15 minute hip mobility workout with Caroline Jordan.

Nathalie. Thinking of you and hoping your dad is ok.

Love all the pet stories. Very touching! I never realized how quickly Winston would become part of our family and our hearts.

Have a good night! Headed to bed early to catch up on sleep.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 10:45 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

kittybug: awww you're so sweet! It is very nice to be appreciated. I will try not to be so chicken...I still have plenty of untried Cathe's still.
Yes MBF is Beachbody on Demand. I just can't seem to cancel my subscription to that one or Les Mills on Demand.

horusosiris: Great mixes!! Thank you for sharing!

manley: HI right back at ya! You are seriously making me want to resubscribe to Cathe Live. Only $9 a month is worth it. Maybe later??

ChelePA: right now we are pet-less. Our English Mastiff died many years ago, and our outside farm cat died over the summer. I'd like another dog but not sure I'm ready to start over. I get too attached.

Today I did MBF Day 2 Core Circuit + Day 4 Core Circuit. Great cardio/core workouts! And perfect to put together. They alternated three rounds of cardio with three rounds of core. Loved it! The cardio was not killer and moderate impact. I had a lot of energy today so was really amping things up. And I love any kind of core work!!

FYI: I decided to skip Insanity Asylum since I'm mixing Cathe with MBF. Another time.

Happy Wednesday!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 10:49 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym with the Live again! That Metabolic Lower was also on my to-do list before cancelling Live. Just four and a half more weeks until STS is over and I'm back IN!!

Horusosiris, that is brilliant on HCE, thank you!

ChelePA, pets are definitely a huge part of the family! I know all five of mine are!

KateTT, I'm sorry to hear about your furbabies. Another will worm its way into your heart before you realize what's happened.

Yesterday I did Cathe's Intensity which has seriously become a new favorite of mine! Good sweaty breathless fun! Today will be yoga of some sort, haven't figured out what yet. Might revisit an oooooollllldie with Eoin if I can find it...

Stay fierce, you all!!!

Tags
watulan check-in