Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-21, 09:27 PM  
Karla25

5pm slot. The Bar Method Accelerated Workout :-) was just right to start off the new year.
Old 01-01-21, 10:26 PM  
MathTeacher

I had the 9 PM slot. I decided to start at the top and work my way down with my favorites.

Cathe Upper Body Warm Up
Suzanne Bowen WW Upper Body Sculpt
Stephanie Huckabee The Firm Super Body Sculpt Abs
Lacey Kondi Callanetics Hips and Rear
Jessica Smith Simply Stretch Chair Stretch

I panic just a little every time I put in The Firm VHS tape. One of these days it is going to get stuck in my 16 year old DVD/VHS player.
Old 01-01-21, 11:23 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

At my appointed slot of 7PM my time, 10PM VF time I did:

Jane Adams Gentle Yoga - Lying Practice

Tracy Effinger Squeeze Stronger - The first 18 minutes of the upper body workout, minus the deadlifts 'warmup' and stopping when she starts waist work. Done sitting in a chair since I'm having a knee issue.

Also, earlier at noon my time, 3PM VF time, I did the practice from Morning Cup of Yoga and a 26 minute session on my stationary bike following a section of The Ambient Collection Virtual Bike Ride - Outback, Australia

Almost done with another year's VF 24-Hour Marathon. Happy New Year, VF!

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 12:28 AM  
Vantreesta

I didn't sign up for a morning time slot (good thing since I stayed up till 3 this morning!) but I started at 10:48 AM (MN time) and did days 18 and 19 of Lee Holden's Qi Gong 30-day challenge, then I did days 1 and 2 of Lucy Wyndham-Read's Fitness Advent calendar (only a month late!) and finished with Fightmaster Yoga -Yoga for Beginners at Home 30-day challenge day 3.

For my 6 PM time slot I started a little late bc our walk got wonky with other dogs out (Cyric is terribly dog reactive) so at 5:10 my time I got started with day 13 of the Crossrope 14-day beginner's challenge (that I started last February! ) and then Lucy's calendar day 4. I was supposed to have started hers earlier in the week to be on day 4 today but never did. I'll do day 3 tmrw. Anyway, it was fun knowing Linda was working out at the same time. If not for this marathon I would not have worked out this evening but doing so afforded me some extra calories! While jumping rope, though, I was so thankful I don't have a weighted rope bc I could not stop tripping no matter how I jumped or what I tried. Very frustrating. Maybe that 3 AM bedtime catching up to me??

Wishing you all a happy 2021! Thanks for being such an awesome community of people!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 04:10 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

My workout for the 11pm VF time slot was redoing the one hiit workout in the Epic program that I was unable to finish. I was determined to not let it defeat me but I did have to modify the rep count. Whew, done and I’m happy. The workout was Epic Day 45 Relentless EMOM Hiit. Glad we were all able to get a good start on our fitness goals for the new year.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:23 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This is such a neat event. Thanks to all who participated and posted. It was a fun and heartwarming read.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:38 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I've been wondering about this and how is it possible that I'm just seeing ithis thread now for this first time? I worked out yesterday at 8:00 CST and again at 11:00.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 01:21 PM  
Pam

I shared the 11pm time. I did my own combination of Lee Holen’s 2 short QG sleep practices. Than the Sweet Dreams, Sweet Sleep meditation from the insight Timer app.
Old 01-02-21, 01:44 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Oh my goodness! I forgot to check in!

It was a cleansing and ritualistic day starting at my noon slot with:

LWR Standing Ab Workout With Low Impact HIIT (Advent Day 19) and LWR 10 Minute Toned Arms Workout (Advent Day 20).

Walked around the neighborhood with DH.

Went to the beach for my annual New Year's Day reflection, gratitudes and meditation, after which I walked on the sand and around the point.

Yoga with Kassandra's Intention Setting Yin Yoga With Affirmations (YouTube).

I dedicated my meditation beach walk and yoga to all the VF'ers who have lost a spouse or other loved one(s) in 2020.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 09:34 PM  
shoegoddess

I did Cathe Intensity Series Pyramid Upper Body

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24 hours of fitness, marathon, new year, new year's, vf marathon