Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-08-20, 06:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, I bet you will become good friends with Alice.

Beth, I hadn't heard of Pazzaz apples. There are so many varieties!

Cyana, wow it was interesting hearing about the B Strong Blood Flow Restriction training. Thank you for telling us about it. How did it feel using the restrictive bands while you exercised?

Beth and Cyana, I've found Envy apples at Trader Joe's, Carrs/Vons/Safeway, Ralphs/Fred Meyer/Kroger and sometimes Whole Foods has them.
OH! My favorite orange is the Sumo orange! They are the very best and are usually available in February through April. It's a short season so if you see them, try them!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 09:41 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Neighbourhood walk
~30 min rebounding
~ETV: Relax & Release with Maude
~Movement Multivitamin w/o #2 - I can see the value in these, they definitely point out imbalances & weaknesses, but they are a bit dry.
~Steps: 10,003

Cyana - I perused the links you posted, sounds very interesting! I’m also curious about how the bands felt. Are you going to do a BFR rotation? You’ll have to keep us posted. I’m hoping Alice will eventually do some live classes, I really enjoyed the one I did with her a couple of years ago. And farm fresh eggs are the best, lol..

Nice week Beth & I’m glad you’re enjoying Shakti Warrior.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 10:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ugh just got bit by the Internal Server 500 bug! I'll post more tomorrow...

in the meantime you can see where I am "On Demand" now, haha:
https://yoga170online.vhx.tv/browse

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 08:04 AM  
cyana

A quick post and run......started the day with:
15 minutes health bounce on the rebounder
BFR - arms and shoulders

Pam and Paine - It's crazy how quickly your muscles get to total exhaustion with BFR. And for reference - I was using 5 lb DB's this AM for biceps. If I was doing regular weight work, I'd use 12 lbs. - or 15 if I was having a good day. The bands feel sort of like narrower blood pressure cuffs. They have a slight bit of stretch and instead of an inner tube type device inside, it is more like little barrels. B Strong has a video (and this was also in the training) where they show that the arterial flow isn't blocked when you inflate the cuffs. My goal is to give it a go and use regularly (minimum of 3-4 days a week and probably more right now as I play around with different work-out combinations) for at least 3 months. I did my baseline weight and measurements yesterday morning ( - as I always say "Where's that puking guy when you need him?" ), so I'll definitely be interested to see if I gain strength and hopefully dump some of this menopudge that is so stubborn.

Beth - How cool!

Must run - I decided I would not work yesterday, so I must get a move on today!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 09:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning friends! Happy Moan Day! Yesterday I contrived a yoga program starting with "Pigeon Prep" yin practice by Annie Carpenter (Glo) followed by my own series of psoas and heart openers using blocks. After loosening up good I tackled about three hours of gardening for the final prune back, cleaning up and putting stuff away. That called for another deep stretch and inversion table session. It was gorgeous out and I wanted to walk, but I couldn't fit it all in.

Beth how cool that you are teaching on OnDemand. I did not know about this streaming service. I wish you much success with it!

Cyana I think this is the first I've heard of you taking an official fitness training. It sounds like a very holistic method, particularly the attention to blood flow and fighting off atrophy. In a way it reminds me of the benefits of yin yoga - restricting blood flow / qi / prana and then releasing the cleansing flood of qi when you release the pose. Is Kathy still her radiant self?

Paine, I have tried Sumo orange. My favorites are the Cara Cara, yum.

Sigh - I'm sucked back into grant world and was here late Friday slaving through it - hoping to get it off my desk (temporarily) today.

Make it a wonderful day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 10:57 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

This morning I did:

Body Project: Totally Beats 38 minutes. I should have previewed first. This was a new workout. The other Beats workouts are all cardio. This one had toning, which I did not want to do today, so I improvised.

Yoga Ranger-low back release 15 minutes

I will try for personals later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 10:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. I just couldn't make myself workout this morning.

Cyana, I'll be interested in finding out your results after 3 months of BFR workouts.

Beth, I like the studio room from your "On Demand" class with that pretty picture up on the wall.

Pat, I hope you finish that grant today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 11:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, both that mural and the one in the other (main) studio room were painted by a local artist--she's wonderful! She's also a fun hippy type who has come to some of my classes.

Sherry, I find myself improvising in workouts more and more these days.

Pat, you got in plenty of functional fitness yesterday! The streaming service/On Demand is through the studio where I started teaching last month. They started offering it when they had to close for the pandemic, and they expect to continue.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 11:49 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Cyana - Very interesting & do keep us posted on your progress! Interesting comparison to yin Pat.

Beth - Very cool that you’re doing on demand classes!

Paine - Enjoy your rest day!

Pat- Your yoga yesterday sounds lovely! I hope you get that grant off your desk soon!

Sherry - I’m also into improvising & modifying!

I’ll be back later with my workouts....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 02:20 PM  
JustSandra

Have tried to post several times -- keep getting the 500 server error!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote