Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-20, 10:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thanks, Pam! I love the dark chocolate peanut butter cups! Are those your favorite also? I admit I.have not tried the milk chocolate ones. I have not tried the peanut butter filled pretzels, but love the dark chocolate covered ones.
Oh I love them both, but I’d probably say dark. And chocolate pretzels sound delish!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 10:29 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pam! I only buy the dark chocolate covered pretzels and the peanut butter cups a few times a year. They are too good to have around!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 06:12 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Well Beth, I guess we were too much for him. He felt the need to leave. We'll try another threesome in a couple weeks and see if he can handle it. Meanwhile I'll do Be Kind To Your Spine later this morning. I'll pay more attention to Meow and see if she reacts to your voice. She likes my mat but all of my pets liked yoga mats. The dog before Grissom was such a mat hog I got him his own mat with Snoopy on it.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 12:00 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Original Pure Barre (Thigh; Seat & Stretch)
Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners (Lying Poses for Flexibility practice)

I'll have DOMS tomorrow from Pure Barre. The Jane Adams practice I did was the one with the curious deer. It was very relaxing and felt good after Pure Barre.

Pam, I hope you are able to travel next year.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 12:48 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Finally got in a real workout last night, the cardio portions of Ellen's Power Fusion. The floor work wasn't serving me well so I subbed 20 butt bridges, some psoas work and deep stretch.

I keep meaning to share a tip from the psoas classes that you can do anywhere, even laying in bed. Look down at your feet when you're standing in your natural position. Are they a little or a lot turned out? When you think of it, rotate them so your toes are pointing straight ahead and see what you feel up in the hips/sacrum/lumbar. It's good to practice that several times a day.

Have a happy day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 04:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

For fun - 80s celebrity workouts!
https://www.itsrosy.com/The+Best+Cel...6YakH_L-qRyI5s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 07:44 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, this is interesting. When I stand and look down at my feet in their natural position, my left foot is straight and my right foot is turned out. Now that I think about it, when I lay down, my right foot turns out. I will be mindful of keeping both feet straight (when I think about it!).

Beth, I remember those 80's workouts!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 10:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts
~7 km beach walk
~ETV: Maude’s live workout - first 20 min until a short power outage glitch knocked out my internet
~Jenny Ford MMA: Hawaii - craving some Hawaiian heat
~Katy Bowman Movement Multivitamin
~Active release with massage balls.
~Steps: 11,822

Pat - I’m totally wonky in so many ways, lol. I’m revisiting Katy Bowman in hope of improving that.

Paine - I’m hopeful of travel in a year or two, more likely two. We’d love to do another west coast road trip through Washington & Oregon to Northern California. We really enjoyed our times in the redwood forest & Napa/Sonoma.

Beth - Gotta love that 80s hair and spandex!

Sherry - Those peanut butter cups are deadly, lol!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 10:03 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey friends, just realized I didn't post yesterday. I meant to but was tired and feeling a bit off...still am and not sure what (I'm thinking maybe it's menopausal stuff if that's not TMI).

I did teach a nice class yesterday morning, and it was another surprisingly beautiful November day here. I also did the first Alchemista routine! (Pat, I think the suggestion to reduce the quality helped.) It was similar to one of the Shakti Warrior lessons (I think #4), but slower overall. I did like the twisty moves, but the TIFTT got to be a little too much for me, and I skipped the last 1-2 run throughs. I also skipped the opening and closing meditations - I definitely don't like Jumana stepping in to do the voiceover during those parts, which feels weird when Alice is the one featured and I like Alice's way of doing those better. So, overall, the main part of the routine was fun, but if you have Shakti Warrior this doesn't really add much.

Pam, what Katy Bowman are you revisiting? I do her stuff off and on.

Paine, my right foot naturally turns out too. It could be a learned thing, although after taking my yin course, I also try to keep in mind that our bones can also be shaped differently from side to side.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 10:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! We just experienced an earthquake. I was reading on the couch and DH had just sat down with his coffee when suddenly I felt the couch move then the whole house shook and dishes rattled for a few seconds.

I was active yesterday shopping at the organic coop, housework and a wonderful beach walk as sunset turned to dusk. I saw a life bird - a semipalmater piper. Of course my phone was in the car so I couldn't get a shot, but it was a surprisingly tiny and adorable little thing running around. I also did my usual pre-walk mat routine and inversion table.

In my book life, I finished Interpreter of Maladies and Trust No One by Debra Webb, a fast moving murder mystery.

Beth, thanks for the report on Alchemista. Sounds like material I already own. Good to hear the lower resolution worked for you.

Pam, visiting the redwoods area is on my hope-to list, and I hope you get there soon.

Sherry, peppermint bark is so and I hope you found some.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote