Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-20, 01:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda I was about to post the link to you and then saw that you already found it! I am so glad that you liked it and that it worked for you - but please give my apologizes to MM.

Paine, our HOA usually does give us warnings - this was so random! If I was teaching I would have found a way to get there, but I had just planned to attend (although I felt bad about not supporting my friend who was teaching). Sorry to hear that you & cyana were also unintentional night owls.

cyana, pansies definitely have cute little "faces." It definitely sucks to be short-staffed. We actually just hired someone (one of the only departments on campus that was allowed to do so, although the position has been open for over a year), so we are in pretty good shape right now.

Here's the pumpkin muffin recipe (I added cinnamon chips):
https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/pumpkin-muffins/

I also tried the first Shakti Warrior class today and enjoyed it. I like the pretty set, and it feels pretty similar to her other stuff.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 05:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I thought some of you would like this upper body routine (I haven't tried it yet but plan to!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LPqeSLkW9s

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-25-20, 09:12 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1016

I thought I'd sleep better last night but I didn't so CS 1016 was a nice "all floor" episode for today.

Cyana, thank you for the recipe link. I have never seen purple Napa cabbage in the market! I love pansies too.
I wish melatonin helped me but it doesn't. I woke up at 1am last night and couldn't fall back asleep.
I hope your brother is doing better.

Beth, thank you for that recipe link. I bet your pumpkin muffins were delicious.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 11:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! That bad energy poltergeist is still following me around. Friday night the oven died in a spark of glory. I'm left with two functioning stove top burners with only high and low function. I went to the appliance store and there is an up to three month wait due to COVID!!! It's all my fault. I knew the stove was going and wanted to wait for Black Friday sales. We'll manage somehow.

Anyway, on the fitness front:

Friday - home PT, stretches, and forced myself to take a 1.5 mile evening walk.

Saturday - Tao Yin program 1 class 2, "Rooted and Resiliant" (Glo). My DS visited to cast his ballot and we had a wonderful visit and beach walk together. Also got my 10,000 steps!

Paine, I used to like all-floor CS, except for the sit-ups. It's easy to sub some Pilates or other core work though.

Beth I hope you enjoy Shakti was much as me! I'm looking forward to trying your spacious spine class.

Cyana, I've never seen purple Napa cabbage. I would make an Asian peanut saw salad with some and a saute with the rest. How did you do it up?

Everyone please have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 11:30 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, you can buy a toaster oven to hold you over until you get your oven installed.
We have had all of our appliances break down since we moved here and it's been annoying.
I'm so happy you were able to see your son!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, the muffins were very good - and I threw some of the cinnamon chips into our pancakes this morning.

Pat, that's so frustrating about the oven! I hope you can find a new one more quickly. I did like the first Shakti Warrior routine; I decided to save the second for tomorrow.

I have tried to make the most out of being stuck in the house this weekend, and I did get a lot of nagging little things done. I also had a good workout today. Here was my week:

Monday
OFF (book sale)

Tuesday
TAUGHT yoga
Regeneration/Chair Yoga (book sale) - Seated kickbox; @20 minutes chair yoga

Wednesday
IntenSati (book sale) - all
Fascial Fitness (library) - Spine

Thursday
Calm Body Clear Mind - Slow Flow
Fascial Fitness - Unwind

Friday
30MTF Kickbox - Kick Mix
yin on own with meditation

Saturday
Shakti Warrior (online) - Lesson 1
HDM (YT) - Bonus Workout, Webisode 7

Sunday
30MTF LIFT - Olympic Lifting
Power Yoga 4 Happiness 2 - Shoulder High

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-25-20, 06:34 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Yesterday's Workout: Spacious Spine by our own Beth! This felt wonderful -- thank you.

Today's Workout: The Prehab Routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 1 set. As mentioned previously, I think I want to just do stretchy, gentle workouts to finish out the month.

Pat58: Oh no re the oven! I had read that freezers were back-ordered but I didn't think about other major appliances. My own oven hasn't worked for years but the burners are fine. Unfortunately it is an off-size unit so I haven't worked very hard to find a replacement. I make do with a combination toaster/convention oven which has served me well for a long time.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 07:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, so glad to hear that my new practice worked well for you too! I'm glad I had the time yesterday to film it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-26-20, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day!

Yesterday I attended a two hour restorative yoga workshop on Zoom. She had some new poses and lots of old favorites. It was cleansing, calming and centering. I enjoyed doing it at home in my pajamas and then going right out into the kitchen to serve a veggie-laden chili that had been simmering in the Instant Pot on slow cooker mode.

I'm going to call the appliance store and see if I can back down to a lower priced model without the air fryer and other bells and whistles, even a dent and scratch from their basement.

Paine, good idea about the toaster oven. I might ask around for the loan of a T.O. or a hotplate.

Sandra, sounds like you're making the best of your oven situation.

Everyone - have a happy and healthy day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 11:24 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Saturday:
~city walk
~Steps: 9001

Sunday:
~Neighbourhood walk
~WOW 30 min walk
~Jessica’s Stability Ball Abs & Stretch (YT)
~Steps: 11,226

Pat - Wow, that’s a crazy long wait for a new oven! Your zoom yoga workshop sounds like a lovely stress reliever.

Cyana & Paine - Sorry insomnia continues to plague you both! I found a supplement with the same ingredients as the NN tea and I think it helps somewhat but my sleep is still hit & miss.

Beth - That is very frustrating about your driveway! Your Spacious Spine is on the menu for me today.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote