Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-20, 08:37 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - requesting something on the floor with forward folds and gentle twists. I shouldn't do any backbends with my spine but if you put it in I'll try it. And maybe something gentle for shoulders and wrists. Very gentle. Lol. I'm going to try an "afternoon" class tomorrow. It has standing poses but I'll have my chair. I can balance on the replaced hip but the replaced knee won't cooperate. After 13 years of trying I finally gave up on improving.

Since I didn't get results of my tests today my sweetie is wondering if he's also a MRSA carrier. I can't think about that.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 10:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda before I saw your reply I jotted down a plan for a "spacious spine" class that's all on the floor. I would include some backbends to move the spine in all directions, but you could skip or modify. I'll think about a gentle shoulder focus too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 07:12 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks Beth. "Spacious spine" sounds great. Mine needs all the space I can give it.

Old 10-24-20, 07:32 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning...I woke up at 3:30 am, and didn't really fall back to sleep. Ugh! I had planned to do a long cardio workout, but needless to say I have no energy for one. I did do a Yoga Ranger morning yoga class, which was lovely.
I may do a very short cardio later.

Yesterday I did a mish mash of cardio-10 minutes of a Body Project workout (wasn't in the mood) a twenty minute fabulous fifties walk and a twelve minute rep to the rhythm walk. I also did a Yoga Ranger morning practice.

Thursday I did the first Shakti Warrior class, which was enjoyable. Like Pat, I had trouble with the rib slides.

I will try to do personals later. My brain is too fuzzy right now from lack of sleep!

Have a great day-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 08:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry sorry about the early waking up. I really enjoy Aprille's practices (and her cats!).

Linda I will get to the video as soon as my pumpkin muffins come out of the oven.

I just saw this "Walktober" YouTube channel that some here might like:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mmVKdgurrcMz6M

Yesterday DH went outside to discover that without telling us, our driveway had gotten sealant to fill a crack that goes the entire width. We can't drive on it for 24-48 hours...which meant I had to cancel my plans to go to yoga this a.m. and to film my first video for the new studio at 1!

So, I soothed myself by purchasing Shakti Warrior (and making pumpkin muffins).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 10:20 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Muscle & Grace Upper Body workout
10 minute Solution Rapid Results Pilates with Lara Hudson (Waist Slimmer segment; Super Toned Buns & Thighs segment; Slim & Sleek Stretch segment)

I liked Lara's Waist Slimmer pilates segment but didn't enjoy the other 2 segments that much.
Yesterday was a rest day.

Sandra, I hate covid too! I feel sad for the library shelver. It's heartbreaking to think about those who have lost family members as well as lost their jobs due to covid-19. Sigh...

Sherry, I woke up at 1:30am and couldn't fall back to sleep. I really hate having insomnia.

Beth, sorry you had to cancel your yoga class this morning. I would have taken Uber to get there on time. Shame on your HOA for not informing you about the sealant! I'm glad you bought Shakti Warrior.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 10:25 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sherrie - I'm sorry to hear you woke up so early. Here's a funny, not really, for you. I gave my sweetie melatonin because he has trouble sleeping when he works. He gets two or three hours at most. I told him to take it between midnight and 3 a.m. He started taking it in the afternoon with his vitamins. He couldn't understand why he was falling asleep at work. Now he won't take it at all.

Beth - I wish I was there to smell the muffins in the oven. I shouldn't eat them but I'd love to smell them. Patiently waiting for my notification.

Old 10-24-20, 12:22 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! Sounds like the insomnia gremlins were out in force all over the country last night. I woke up around 1:30 and never really got back to sleep, so I'm dragging today. At the farmer's market I found some beautiful purple Napa cabbage that I had to buy and it's such a lovely color I can't stop looking at it. I was looking up Napa cabbage recipes and came across this one and thought I'd share the link (sounds like you could use any cabbage): https://www.eatwell101.com/roasted-c...-steaks-recipe . I also bought a flat of pansies, so I'm planning to head outdoors this afternoon and do my fall flower pots. Hopefully I'll have some left over to pop into the ground. I love those bright beautiful "faces" during the dreary days of winter. It was another grueling week at work, so Team Body Project and making up weight/cardio work-outs on the rebounder were my go to's for the week.

Linda - That stinks that you're still waiting for your results. LOL on the melatonin story. I take it every night and am considering upping the dose to see if it will help. I like the idea of a spacious spine, too. I catch myself slumping into some horrible positions sitting at the desk for such long hours.

Beth - And speaking of things that stink, it would've been nice for someone to let you know they were going to do the sealant on your driveway. I took a quick peak at the Walktober channel - I liked her idea for doing an indoor obstacle course. LOL on the pumpkin spice cologne funny! You'd asked whether the pandemic made work worse this year. Not really, while we always have our busy season, we were also short-staffed the first half of the year, so it's seemed even more grueling than usual.

Pam - A belated Happy Birthday to you! Your seafood feast sounded absolutely drool-worthy and I envy you being surrounded by so many people who are good cooks and chefs. DH went to Costco this week, and fortunately they had T.P. We're been purchasing a package regularly - not hoarding millions of rolls (not that we'd have anywhere to put it, LOL!!) - in preparation for possible shortages this winter.

Pat - Thanks for posting more of your beach walk pictures. I liked the late day skies as well as the moody sky pictures.

Sandra - I'm glad to hear you didn't need a major car repair and a free car wash is always a bonus. I'm happy to hear The Beast is still hanging in there. That was a sad story about your former co-worker. I sure hope something good comes her way......and for so many people who have faced difficulties this year.

Carolyn - I'm glad it sounds like your busy period may be winding down soon. I've probably got close to a month before noticing much difference.

Paine - Your night sounded as though it was as rotten as mine - hopefully we'll have better luck tonight. I think it's safe to say you will not be missing the snow and cold temps this winter!

Anny - You mentioned going to Hindley Street when you were in Adelaide. When I read the reviews for the Hindley Street CC videos, people are always mentioning good memories of times they had visiting the area.

Sherry - I'm sorry the insomnia gremlins were in your neck of the woods, as well. I'm right there with you with fuzzy brain syndrome today.

Waves to Garrie - hope you're doing well.

I'd better get moving before I decide to go take a nap!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 12:34 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did Yoga Class for Spacious Spine by our Beth. It was great! I could do everything the way Beth did it. I must be having a good spine day. My spine says thank you. I thank you. Meow Meow not so much. She wanted to lay on me but each time she tried to get comfy I moved. She can balance on three legs a lot better than I can balance on one. After lunch I'll do something with Cathe's CrossTrain Express. A little chest with shoulders and triceps or legs. Maybe both since I have all day. Thanks again Beth!!!

Old 10-24-20, 12:50 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

cyana - Your purple cabbage sounds delicious. And I can eat it!! I get tired of the man asking if I can eat this or that. The answer is usually no. I cook whatever he wants and I eat what I usually eat. The lack of results are driving me crazy. If my sweetie is a carrier I might not ever get cleared for surgery unless he stays home.