Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-20, 07:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I had an uber frustrating day at work and it seemed like a great evening for a short and mind-freeing workout, so I tried lesson 2 of Shakti Warrior. Odd that lesson 1 is the introduction and lesson 2 is the first class, but no biggie. The 20 minutes was perfect and helped me release a lot of stress. Followed up with some back PT and inversion table.

Thanks for the lead on it, Pam!! I'm so happy you had a nice birthday.

Sandra - I have the same feelings about Perfect 10, much preferring the Vol. 2 workouts. I love the old spandex workouts but OMG, some of the music.

Beth - thank you for the funny. I needed a laugh.

Today is going to be another exercise in nine hours of frustration, but I have a massage scheduled in the evening, thank goodness. I'll try to sneak in some stealth fitness at the office.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 08:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat glad you liked the funny - I think we all need a laugh!

Pam your b-day dinner sounds super-yummy!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 10:06 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Total Body Lift (Upper Lift segment & Butt Lift segment)

Beth, thanks for the cute Hump Day funny!
We have had beautiful sunny weather here this week in the low 70's. If we hadn't moved, the temperature would be in the 30's and low 40's with snow this week. I'm so glad I don't have to put up with snow!

Pat, enjoy that massage tonight!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 10:17 AM  
sherry7899

I could not post. I kept getting the internal server error.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 10:18 AM  
sherry7899

Beth, I love your cartoon! So cute! I'm glad you enjoyed the book sale. I miss those. My library has them six times a year. I don't know when those will happen again. I have a stack of books to donate. I had Intensati. To be honest, the constant talking got on my nerves and I did not keep it. I hope you enjoy it more than I did. It's a shame because I liked the actual workout.
We have thousands of cds....we are dinosaur music geeks. Our son switched to vinyl and Spotify and moved his cds out of his room, but he is keeping them.

Pat, thanks for posting your thoughts on Shakti Warrior. I need to try them. I am so sorry work was frustrating yesterday. I hope today goes better. Enjoy your massage.

Pam, I'm sure your birthday dinner was delicious!

Sandra, I really need to try Margaret again, but my shoulder is acting up again and I'm not using weights right now. I'm frustrated because I had gotten back to semi-regular weight work again. Hopefully a few more rest days from weights will help. Our library still has cds (pretty lousy selection, to be honest) and dvds.

Paine, wow your DH trains hard! That is amazing!

Old 10-21-20, 10:21 AM  
sherry7899

Carolyn, thanks! I meant to check in Aldi for their own brand of fire roasted tomatoes, and I forgot. I see that they will have the organic brand of them Muir Glen as a special buy next week. I will definitely stock up if they have them.

I took a rest day yesterday. I meant to do yoga, but it never happened. I cleaned most of the house and did cooking, baking and laundry, so I got over 7,000 steps.

Today I did the new long cardio from Body Project on you tube. I enjoyed it, but it buffered three times! No one else is using the internet when I exercise (they are asleep) and we have high speed internet. Idon't have trouble with any other you tube channel. Maybe it's because they have a huge amount of subscribers using it? (over one million!). I did a Yoga Ranger morning practice also, which I really liked. She has so many practices I want to try.

Have a great day!
Sherry

Old 10-21-20, 10:22 AM  
sherry7899

I kept getting the internal service error. I could not post my whole post at once, so I split it up.

Old 10-21-20, 11:41 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Barre class on Band
~Neighbourhood walk
~Cardio: 20 rebounding & 20 min gliding
~Steps: 12,286

DH served up a lovely dinner of sautéed scallops, sous vide halibut, pomme fourchette, & pesto roasted asparagus. We had cannoli from the bakery for dessert.

Pat - I’m glad you enjoyed Shakti Warrior. Lesson 1 says introduction, but it is a 20 workout. I did a breakdown of all the moves on the GD thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229579
Have a lovely massage!

Beth - Love your hump day funny!

Paine - I bet you’re glad to be done with cold snowy winters!

Sherry - It seems like a lot of people have been getting that “internal service error” lately. I’ve seen a few posts about it on GD.

Sandra - Glad the car repair wasn’t costly & hope you don’t have any more issues with it.

I hope things settle down for you Carolyn!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 12:15 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, what a lovely dinner!

I will try the Shakti Warrior soon. I don't have a laptop, and doing them from my 10 inch kindle will be awkward. The desktop computer in our finished basement is in an area without much space around it. I finally figured that I can get the Daily OM site on our smart tv. The internet browser on the tv is really clumsy and not user friendly, but I should be able to just sign in once and stay logged in. It will be nice to use them on the tv.

I am frustrated with our library. I know it is a really weird time, but they are awful with information. They should put on their website and facebook page how long books are being quarantined for after they are returned, and how long it takes for them to be taken off your account. I've been given many different answers. I was told three days, seven days, ten days and now fourteen days (but contact them if they are still on the account after fourteen days). I am going to have to start writing down my return dates. One time I went to pick up books and there were two there when there should have been three. I stood outside and called and was told I had picked up the third book already. I did not pick it up! They found it and brought it out. I can't imagine how weird and hectic things are in there, though...I hope things get better for people working there soon.

Sherry

Old 10-21-20, 03:20 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sherry, that internal server error is frustrating. There have been times when I couldn't post all day because of that internal server error.
It's best if you rest your shoulder if it's giving you problems.

Pam, your DH is a good cook.
Yes, I'm so glad to be done with snow! I don't miss it at all.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote