Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-16-20, 10:57 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Suzanne Deason's Yoga for Weight Loss. An oldie but a goodie.

Sherry - if you made soup I'd enjoy every bite.

I'm getting a visitor and won't be around until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm not sure what day he's leaving. Since we have so little time together we don't use phones or tablets.

Enjoy your weekend.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 10:57 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, the library your set up has makes sense. I'm sure mine will have to move to that pretty soon. I did have luck finding canned pumpkin in Aldi and Trader Joe's and from Walmart's site. I should be set for a long time.

My husband found a store brand of disinfectant wipes a few weeks ago. That is the first time since March .

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 05:48 PM  
sherry7899

Linda, enjoy your time with your man.

If anyone is looking for an easy dinner recipe, I made this tonight. I do not drink so instead of wine I doubled the chicken broth.
A local supermarket had turkey tenderloin on sale, so I bought an extra one to freeze.

https://www.spoonfulofflavor.com/eas...ey-tenderloin/

Old 10-16-20, 08:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~7.5 km neighbourhood & trail walk
~Full Body KB workout with Heather Robertson (YT) - This was good & no commercial breaks! No talking either, 10 moves, 40 sec each, 20 sec rest, repeat them all again. She demos the next move during the rest breaks.
~Shakti Warrior Day 9 - another nice one, all standing with a few seated stretches at the end
~An hour of stretchy yoga & recovery....neck hammock, reclined & seated yin poses with a forward bend & hip opening focus
~Steps: 14,009

Pat & Sherry - I will pass on the BF Alchemista for now. I have so much of her media, including her zoom workouts, which are also an hour long and quite nice. I love the Shakti Warrior series & 20 min is a perfect add on length for me. It’s great value for the price, the only disadvantage is not being able to download them.

Thanks for the recipe link Sherry, it looks yummy! My son’s long time high school GF was named Roxanne. She was serenaded with the Police song & it wore very thin pretty quickly.

Those Costco crack birds are the bomb Pat! We ventured out to Costco on Wed as it was quiet mid week & post Thanksgiving. They were out of toilet paper. not a good sign! We are good for quite a while so I wasn’t too concerned.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 11:07 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

The Bar Method Change Your Body: Thigh work; Glutes & Hamstrings; Back Dancing & Final Stretch
Fitness Fix Beginner DVD (Lower Body Stretch)

I don't think I had ever done the stretches in the Beginner Fitness Fix DVD. I didn't care for the lower body stretches on that DVD.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 12:34 PM  
sherry7899

Quick post. It was not one of my better workout days. I woke up feeling stiff and achy all over. I tried to do a half hour beginner Body Project cardio from you tube. It froze after twenty minutes. I could not get any other workouts from their channel to play either. I did 10 minutes of an NIA dance workout and a 10 minute stretch from fabulous fifties and called it a day. Oh, well. I did something for 40 minutes. I like to do longer workouts on the weekend, but I'm not up for it today.

It is so frustrating to have a workout freeze when streaming! This happened a few weeks ago. I think I am going to put some favorite you tube workouts on dvd so I'll have them to use if this happens again.

I'll be back later-
Sherry

Old 10-17-20, 01:21 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sherry, I despise it when a streaming workout freezes on me! I agree that it's frustrating when that happens.
I haven't even seen a store brand of disinfectant wipes. I would buy that if I saw it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 01:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I get frustrated with YouTube freezes too! Sometimes when I have my laptop in the basement, it seems to matter if I'm just a few feet in one direction or the other.

Pam, I like the workouts I have tried from Heather Robertson; I will have to try one of her kettlebell ones (although I seem to be stuck in "workout lite" mode right now, haha).

Sherry, Wegmans had tons of canned pumpkin on display yesterday! I alreayd had some, but I bought some more. I want to try chocolate-covered Katie's pumpkin muffin recipe but add cinnamon chips (got that idea from a different recipe).

Pat, I like the way your library does things! My sister sent me of photo of how she had to pick up her Chinese food, and that sounded similar.

Hope Linda is enjoying a romantic visit; hi to Paine, Garrie, Anny, and MIA cyana, Carolyn, and Donna (and anyone else I missed!)!

I taught a Saturday yoga class at the new studio today; this was a pre-existing class that 3 of us are teaching on a rotating basis. All of the students are regulars of the studio (8 total today), and they seemed pretty accepting of me (after losing their long-time teacher), so I was happy with how it went. It was also another beautiful sunny morning overlooking the canal, but COLD with frost on the ground when I got up!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 03:41 PM  
Anny

Beth it sounds like your yoga class went well. And argh! re the cold.

You asked about any COVID spikes here- things have been pretty stabilised for awhile now, even in the state of Victoria ( the only state in Australia which had severe lockdowns due to earlier mismanagement).

Paine I used to have a Bar Method workout on DVD. I liked it but never did it much so I think I ended up trading it.

On Friday I didn’t workout apart from stretches. It was a long work day and then I went for a late dinner at a local pub, celebrating the end of the week! Saturday I had brunch out with some sons and did errands and marking some assignments. Since my body felt kind of tired and tight, I did Mark Lauren’s Mobility Rx workout from his app (one son has a free trial of Mark’s app as he is trying the new program). I really liked the Mobility Rx workout, it seems to involve both stretch and strength.
Old 10-17-20, 08:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Bellicon Lymphatic Cleanse w/o - This was gentle but very nice for a warm up or low key day.
~7 km walk
~Essentrics PCW 11 - standing half
~Shakti Warrior Day 10 - I finished the series and really enjoyed it!
~Steps: 14,178

Beth - I’m glad your class went well! Heather’s KB workout I did wasn’t a difficult one & only 20 min. I’m not using a heavy bell and I did modify one move that involved plank as my wrists protest.

Sherry - Yes, it’s very frustrating when streaming freezes mid workout. I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote