Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-14-20, 04:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I didn't see that - but I just looked at the beautiful photos!

Just did curbside pickup at the library. Got a fascial fitness DVD which I'll try in a bit. Also got the wrong book. It's my own fault (Jonathan Kellerman series; all the titles sound the same), but if I had been able to go in and pick it off the shelf, I would have realized. I'm pretty sure that I would rather go to my library than to eat indoors at a restaurant (which I am not doing anyway); wish our system would reopen!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 06:27 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Anny, like Pam and Beth, I googled Wollongong and it's so pretty there! I bet the views you had there were soothing.

Sherry, I never had driving anxiety when I was younger but I do now. I really hate the traffic here.

Beth, yes Yee's AM Yoga is very gentle and relaxing.
Sorry about your rough work day. Go ahead and buy yourself a treat!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 06:44 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - sorry you got the wrong book. When can you return it? I like Cathe's strength workouts but thinking about getting all of the equipment ready is a big turn off. I always thought pasta fazool was the real name. Maybe it was a PA thing.

Anny - I don't have all of the books anymore. I have Bottoms Up, Definition, Fat Burning, Bathing Suit Workout, Weight Training Made Easy, Now or Never, Gut Busters, Cameo Fitness, and Perfect Parts. I used WTME for eight months. My stepdaughter borrowed the Fast Forward video and Toning for Teens but didn't return them. I'd rather use the books than the videos.

I tried making chicken noodle soup with one hand/arm. I can't cut up chicken with one hand so that was a bust. Eating it with my non-dominant hand didn't last long. I ordered a sling from Amazon to practice daily living before surgery. And then I started watching an A/C joint surgery on YouTube. Ugh. Moved on to a woman removing her dressing after A/C joint surgery. The scar was longer than I thought it would be. I guess it has to be that way to get to the clavicle. Just when I was starting to feel sorry for myself Meow came hopping across the room on three legs. She's my hero. I got this.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 08:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, I'll probably try to drop off the book tomorrow or Friday. Luckily the library is close to me; I'm really just annoyed at myself for the error and now needing to make another time for a pickup (to get replacement book). As a kid I thought "pasta fazool" was the real name too. MM to the rescue!

Paine my mom's side is the Italian side. It's always been the more dominant side - we're more mutts on my dad's side. Same is true for DH.

I did the "Fully Body" practice from Fascia Fitness, which is from Brett Larkin. She talks a bit too much for my tastes, but the practice was nice, kind of a yoga crossed with CS. My "massage" tomorrow is actually supposed to be a fascial-based release, more active. Hopefully it goes well!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-14-20, 10:00 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout today -- was sort of getting ready, but then my niece called and we chatted for quite a long time. Sadly, her ex (my grandniece's father) seems bent on making life difficult, and she needed to talk it out.

Tuesday's Workout: The first half of Margaret Richard's Triple Threat Lower Body, which covered abs, inner thigh and outer thigh. Once again, while I really liked several of the segments, I don't like how the DVD is organized and will plan my own premixes. I'm also finding that the lack of regular stretching in this month's theme is starting to affect me.

Beth: Sorry about the wrong book. Currently at my library we are only doing curbside and public computer by appointment, but we are in the process of planning for limited reopening for browsing. No dates and few details yet. Since several of the branches (including mine) are hosting voting centers in their community rooms, it won't happen until after the 11/3 election. I'm definitely feeling ready to reopen!

Pat58: Yikes on the almost-accident! How scary. I'm glad you avoided a collision.

Paine: L.A. traffic scares me too! In fact I won't drive on any freeways, period. It is all surface streets and back roads for me. I also try to avoid driving at night now.

Donna D: Congrats on reaching FRA! I'm more or less at retirement age myself, but I like my half-time job and feel it is still doable. Besides, I'd rather try to ride out the worst of the Covid shut-downs so that I have more options when I do retire.

Anny: Your getaway sounds wonderful even though you were working.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 10:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Bellicon streaming: Turkey Burn Thanksgiving w/o
~Neighbourhood walk
~Essentrics Precho 11 Workout - I’ll be teaching this one for the first time tomorrow
~Shakti Warrior Dance Day 7 - This was almost all standing except for a few slow vinyasas and pigeon pose at the end.
~Steps: 12,172

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 07:50 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning! I will post my workout now and do personals later. I almost took a rest day today. Nothing was appealing . I Joni'oed a few you tube workouts (can you do that? ) and then did:

-two workouts from the you tube channel Rep to the Rhythm. One was 22 minutes and the other was 15 minutes. One of them had three kittens running around, and I kept getting distracted watching them.

-fabulous 50s Beginner HIIT. This is nothing like an actual HIIT workout, but it was ten minutes of movement

-Yoga Upload morning flow, with an appearance by a cat.

I will take a rest day tomorrow but do yoga and then try weights on Saturday. I still feel like my shoulder is a little stiff.

I will be back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 08:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra is your library still "quarantining" items after they are returned? I believe our system does that for 3 days. Given that surface transmission has been shown to be rare, I'm not sure that's needed.

Sherry I tried Fabulous 50s yesterday but she annoyed me! It was an arms routine, and she did SO MUCH talking. Plus, it wasn't really follow along. I do like her 5 minute arms (she doesn't talk in that, haha).

Pam I forgot to wish you a happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Did you do anything to celebrate?

I forgot to share a little funny from yesterday. When I went to try the fascia DVD, I saw that the case said "no movement experience necessary." I know what she was trying to get at, but...really? Wouldn't some kind of prior experience with moving be needed?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-15-20, 09:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Having a better day. I found a sweet little Tiffany Cruikshank restorative practice on Glo that hits all the boxes, "Balance the Nervous System." It was very helpful. I was excited to see Glo is adding some fitness in addition to barre and Pilates. There is a new fitness/yoga instructor, Kim Strother. I'm looking forward to the availability of traditional workouts on Glo now.

Anny, I did not realize you are in Australia. This is your spring, right?

Beth - that is funny about no moving experience. When I tried out Tai Cheng there was an instruction not to do it in high heels.

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 10:05 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1023

CS 1023 was more challenging than I remembered. It's a good workout.

Sandra, I've been avoiding night driving for the last decade or so. I don't feel my night vision is as good as it used to be so I don't drive at night unless it's extremely important. The joys of getting old and decaying...

Sherry, I've Joni'Oed YouTube workouts, lol!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote