Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-20, 07:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, I looked around for the recipe online but couldn't find a version similar to mine (I'm not sure where I got it). I could take a photo of my recipe to share with you if you'd like. The apple cinnamon version sounds yummy! I have recently stopped making my own meatballs because the frozen ones from Wegmans are so good.

Pam, Day 4 of that series sounds really good! One of the things I like about Alice is how she often throws in kickboxing moves.

Sandra, sorry for the painting disruption! One of my yoga teacher friends filmed some yoga routine at home on her screened porch, which she also calls the "catio."

Happy Monday! Wishing everyone a good start to the week (or a good holiday if you have the day off).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 07:35 AM  
sherry7899

Beth, thanks for the offer to post the recipe, but please do not worry about it. I have so many I have not tried yet. I have never bought frozen meatballs. I am glad you found ones you like.

This is the baked oatmeal recipe I am trying for the first time. I will make it into nine servings instead of six:
https://www.spoonfulofflavor.com/app...baked-oatmeal/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 08:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! I was very active yesterday:

~ Beach walk with DH (2.44, 65 mins) - beautiful day
~ GYM for cable machine PT, lower body, chest and back
~ 15 minutes treadmill
~ 60 box climbs
~ 11,000 + steps

I made patty pan squash with dinner, the large greenish kind. Won't repeat - it seemed to be more of a winter squash with a softer rind and was loaded with seeds.

Sherry - I thought of you yesterday. There was a ton of canned pumpkin at the store and I got a few for pumpkin chili and smoothies. Let us know how the baked oatmeal turns out.

Pam, workout 4 sounds fun. I have to admit the 20 minute length is tempting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Sandra - it will be worth it after the painting and power washing, but it sounds like a huge disruption.

Everyone please have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - hey Pam,

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day!
Old 10-12-20, 09:45 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Essentrics Body Sculpting Series (Ultimate Leg Sculptor workout)

Anny, fresh baked French bread is delicious!

Beth, your banana bread and PB&J oatmeal sound tasty too.

Sandra, your condo will look beautiful when the painting is completed. We had our house painted this summer and it looks significantly better now.

Pam, wow, 9,037 steps for being indoors is great. You are very active.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Cyana, you are a workhorse! You are an all-star at your work.

Sherry, oh my gosh, getting 14,000 steps in your house is fantastic!
All the food you make sounds wonderful. Your family is lucky that you are a good cook.
I woke up at 2am this morning. Yep, I wish I could wake up at 5am like you did!

Pat, your box climbs sound challenging. How tall is your box?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 01:24 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did Tai Chi Over 50 with David-Dorian Ross. My shoulder is more painful than usual so I'll have to do some weights. I wanted to do Cathe's Pure Strength Back Biceps and Abs but now I'll do Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Working chest is much more painful than working shoulders.

cyana - its time for you to take vacation and head to the water. They work you too hard! I've seen tears rolling down the faces of strong men using two pound weights at PT. Last year when rehabbing the hip I told a PT I didn't ever want to be there for a shoulder, knowing I should've had the shoulder fixed before the hip. The Dr showed me my exercises for the first six weeks. Most of the people I've seen at PT only had rotator cuff surgery. I'm having the A/C joint fixed, a rotator, and I think removing part of the clavicle is to fix the A/C joint. The Total Gym really got me for showing off.

Anny - French bread is my favorite. I've been thinking of doing a rotation of Bottoms Up lower body and Definition upper body. I'm not sure how the results will look.

Sandra - getting the catio disrupted was probably worth it in the end. My house is power washed twice a year because of the dirt road dust. The man was going to do it a few weeks ago but I wouldn't let him waste my water during our drought. Any guy that can win over Meow is definitely a keeper.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 06:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: The second half of Margaret Richard's Triple Threat Upper Body, which cycles three times through deltoids, back and obliques. There are a lot of good segments in Triple Threat -- I just don't like how it is organized. I plan to create one or two Sandra Premixes rather than doing the DVD as presented. Tomorrow I'm on to Triple Threat Lower Body.

The painters did trim work today. Since I don't have any trim on my patio I asked if I could go ahead and put my things back, and the painters said okay. So I also got in two hours of functional fitness moving stuff around! But it is worth it to have my patio back and of course the fresh coat of paint is nice. I feel much less stressed.

You can now actually buy a wood and screen "catio" on Amazon! My catio is about 25 years old, made of PVC pipe and screening. It was designed for cat breeders, and I bought it from an ad in Cat Fancy magazine. The arrangement really works out well for both me and the cats.

Sherry: Your posts make me hungry!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 10:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: 5 km forest hike with DH & 15 min Tropical Walking W/O (YT)
~Essentrics trademark practice
~Shakti Warrior Dance Day 5: Open & Receive - This was another all standing workout, brisk pace & a lot of fun.
~Steps: 12,623

Sandra - I’m happy you’re home is back in order....and Sherry’s posts about all her fabulous food make me hungry too!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. I took a sorta-kinda rest day yesterday to give my feet and back a break from walking. I got up and moved more at the office. In the evening I attended the second Zoom yoga class on the psoas. It was wonderful. I requested a copy of the Zoom for last week and last night to take notes.

My favorite takeaway was a sequence where you lie on the back with your feet on the floor out wide, and windshield wiper your knees side to side. After a few reps stay one one side, look down and position your top leg so the knee is directly under the pelvis. What a glorious, relieving feeling. I put a block under that knee, but if you're advanced you can weight it down with the other foot. If our yoga teachers have a name for that asana let me know! Lying back with a bolster under your shoulders is a good release; also putting a block under your sacrum and stretching out one leg, then the other, then both. Aaaah.

Sandra - good news about having your patio back, and your catio sounds adorable.

Paine - I really shouldn't call that exercise a "box climb." I use a 9" stool at the office, and at the gym they have 12" stations for doing step ups in the express circuit area.

Everyone please have a healthy and happy day.
Old 10-13-20, 09:09 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, I had always made my own meatballs too! When I was trying to stock up on some staples during the early days of the pandemic, I bought the frozen ones and then were really yummy...but shhh, don't tell my Italian grandmother.

Sandra, that's great that you are getting your space back. Have you had any further word about the libraries opening? We are still curbside only here.

Pat, are you describing what his called the "deeper stretch" here?
https://www.athletico.com/2016/04/13...wiper-stretch/
I've only ever heard that called windshield wipers, although you could also think of it as a variation on reclined pigeon (or sucirandhrasa, eye of the needle). I also love the psoas stretch lying on a block or bolster (that one I would call supported ardha apanasana, or half wind-relieving pose ).

Pam I keep reading your posts about the Shakti Warrior Dance and was definitely interested! I may order tonight.

Linda I admire how you have hung in there with exercise despite all of your physical issues!!!

Paine I hope virtual k-garten is going okay for your grandson. I know I have a 2nd cousin starting this year and she is struggling with it, mainly b/c it's not very fun for her.

Happy Tuesday all; I will have my 2nd yoga class at the student tonight.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote