Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-21, 09:49 AM  
zoegirl

Cathe Live - intensity?

Looking into subscribing to Cathe Live but concerned that it might be too advanced for me. I prefer intermediate level 30-45 min workouts. Would there be enough here that would work for me? Thanks!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 10:02 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
Looking into subscribing to Cathe Live but concerned that it might be too advanced for me. I prefer intermediate level 30-45 min workouts. Would there be enough here that would work for me? Thanks!
Most of the Cathe Live workouts are intermediate to advanced. The more advanced workouts can be made intermediate by doing modifications or using lighter weights etc. Many times Cathe will demonstrate or mention modifications and some of the class members do modify. here are more than enough intermediate workouts to keep you busy for quite some time.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:10 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I keep it pretty low/mixed impact and I only go up to 10 lb dumbbells -- and I LOVE Cathe Live. But I barely go above an 8 lb dumbbell for upper body. I, too, was concerned that it was beyond my level now (I used to do a lot of high impact and heavy weights but not anymore after a few crappy health years). There's so much variety and lengths of time (many in the 45 min range). I think it's a great value for the amount of different content. Cathe is awesome in these, and even with the pandemic, she's kept it going all by herself. Highly recommend!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:46 AM  
Hazel Porter

I find the Cathe Lives on the whole much less advanced than her DVDs, mostly because she tends to do fewer repetitions and takes more frequent water breaks. The classes aren't full of jacked up uber-athletes -- just regular people, some clearly older (a few years ago, she announced one regular's 70th birthday!).

Most of the classes (especially in more recent years) are under an hour, and the ones she's been doing by herself seem to be running more in the 45ish minute zone.
Old 01-11-21, 06:57 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I agree that the Lives are mostly intermediate to advanced. I'm a recent subscriber, and one thing I have noticed is that the early, early ones are more comparable to her DVDs in terms of intensity (and some of them in length). There is so much variety in the Lives and the price is reasonable IMHO, I would encourage you to give it a try! Oh, and you'll see a variety of class members (up until she started doing them alone due to COVID) and they use different weights, step heights, and intensity levels so I feel free to modify when needed.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 09:07 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
I find the Cathe Lives on the whole much less advanced than her DVDs, mostly because she tends to do fewer repetitions and takes more frequent water breaks.
I *LOVE* the frequent water breaks!

I also agree that the early ones seemed tougher and longer, but the past couple years feel like they are less intense and also shorter. I tend to do a lot of metabolic ones and PHAs since the weights are usually lighter and the impact less (if at all). The class members are all varied in terms of fitness level and age. I like when Cathe flubs up, or miscounts, or forgets what she is doing next!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 10:52 AM  
zoegirl

Thanks for all the input! Never thought I'd be a streamer but I think I'll go for it!

Are there suggested rotations? Or do you just find what you want for the day?
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 05:03 PM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post

Are there suggested rotations? Or do you just find what you want for the day?
Cathe herself doesn't have suggested Live rotations (unless I've missed something) but I believe 2lazy4thegym has done a few.
Old 01-14-21, 10:07 PM  
upperwside

I love Cathe live, she has a 7 day free trial so you can try a few workouts. Her PHA's and metabolic workouts are my favourites.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 10:25 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
Cathe herself doesn't have suggested Live rotations (unless I've missed something) but I believe 2lazy4thegym has done a few.
Also Fitness My Style has reviews and live rotations.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, dumbbell size