Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-21, 01:15 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of January 10

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical + a segment of Classical Stretch for stress release. I am really struggling to like CS. It's a good thing it's free on PBS .

I've been up since 1:45 a.m. this morning so I'm pretty tired. I've been getting up before 4 a.m. all week and can't figure out why.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 02:30 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, I struggle with Classical Stretch too. I don't mind Essentrics and even have some of the DVDs, but Miranda and CS just bug me. I still have over 60 episodes on the DVR I recorded last year. I know people rave about them and I know some people say there's no difference btwn CS and Essentrics but I guess I'm just in the minority. I am tempted to just delete all the episodes but there's that FOMO that maybe there's smthg fantastic in an episode and I'll miss it. Do you think the current events of the week could be affecting your sleep? I don't watch the news and didn't even know anything was happening Wednesday until I logged on for grief group and the facilitator mentioned the chaos and had to tell me what happened. But my mood and outlook definitely changed after hearing about it. It hasn't affected my sleep but my mood has been affected and I'm feeling more irritable. Hopefully you can find a way to get more rest.

Hubby got my Bluray player hooked up today so I can resume DVD workouts tmrw. I'll be glad to get back to my Cathe rotation. Still need a new tube for my bike tire and THEN my gym will be fully functional again. I had to move stuff so he could get to the TV so rather than just moving it all right back where it was, I plan to reorganize and put things away on Tuesday. He also got all the Christmas tubs put away. Some of them are just too heavy for me to lift above my head into the closet.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 08:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off JBliff. Sorry about the sleep. I am like Vannie and am wondering whether current events are stressing you out. I can certainly understand that. Here’s to a good night’s sleep tonight.

Vannie I feel a bit irritable too and today maybe a little bored, unusual for me. Do you have a treadmill? Glad you got your Blu-Ray hooked up.

Rest day for me.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 10:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, glad it's not just me who's irritable! I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself today bc hubby got snippy with me and I held my tongue, remembering that a sharp word benefits nothing. Wasn't easy though! Yes, I do have a treadmill. My first big fitness buy! After my first dog died I couldn't bear walking outside alone without his company so got the treadmill in 2005.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-11-21, 10:10 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Lean Legs & abs + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Vannie - I didn't think about the recent events affecting me but it's possible. I certainly have been glued to the TV last week watching things unfold and it's been super stressful. Great news on getting the new DVD player. I'm going to try a few Essentrics and see how I like them.

Karjoy - I took a Tylenol last night and got 8 hours of sleep, thank goodness. I hate doing it but it's about the only way I can sleep through the night sometimes. I used to take a Benadry once in a while, but I've read in two different books (including the new one by Sanjay Gupta) Benadryl can cause Alzheimer's so I've stopped doing it.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 10:17 AM  
Vantreesta

JBliff, how is the new Sanjay Gupta book? I've been hearing about it and would like to read it. Probably will look for it at Walmart today. Glad you were able to get some sleep. I try not to take Tylenol for sleep either but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. I hadn't heard that about Benadryl but will pass the info on to my aunt bc I think she takes it sometimes. I am trying not to take melatonin bc I've been hearing there could be drawbacks to it too. I'm taking two Valerian root every night. I just need to start taking it and drinking my chamomile earlier so I get sleepy earlier!