Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-20, 11:01 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question What are your fitness plans for November?

I'm thinking of doing a month of high rep strength along with my usual cardio.

I've been doing pretty much the same rotation for a couple of years. It's quite flexible, so I just plug in the workout I feel like doing to follow the theme of the day.

Anyone have a particular plan or rotation for November?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 01:40 PM  
DCW

I am ready to pick up weights again. Usually, my rec classes used weights. No classes, no weights. So time for me to adjust and adapt and do it at home.

Thank goodness I have some weights at home.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:41 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've been doing mostly heavy weights/bands for strength for a while now. I need a change.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

Alta, I have been doing S90 and Brazil Butt lift (mostly).

But am looking forward to Cathe's Perfect 30.. depending how long I play with that then I will do a hybrid rotation with Weider X Factor ST.

Good for you on mixing it up!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:51 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I bought the early access for Beachbody’s “30 Day Breakaway” program which is a 20-30 minute weight workout followed by a 20 minute run (there are audio and video versions so you can do it outside or on your treadmill). The instructor is Idalis Velasquez who was a running competitor.

I did the first day this morning and really enjoyed it. It reminds me of the iFit programs that I love for my treadmill.

The goal is to run a 5k at the end of the month. Even though I can do it already, I like having a running program for once!

Oh and Perfect 30 is shipping tomorrow too! I will fit them in of course!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 03:35 PM  
star117

I've been doing heavy for a while too and was thinking of alternating 3 Jari with 3-4 walking and a yoga each week in November and maybe December too. Hoping to lean out a bit by end of year.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 04:12 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I'm impressed with all you that stick to certain rotations or themes. I've never been able to do it. Whatever strikes my fancy on a certain day is what I do. I do try to balance with weights and cardio but that's about it.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 08:45 AM  
buffmama

For a while my workouts have been full body and each day includes:

Meditation/Qigong/Affirmations - 5 min
Pilates - usually less than 30 min
Heather Robertson - following her calendars with some subbing for repeats
Mr and Mrs Muscle HIIT - 10-20 min chosen to round out Heather's workout
Yoga - usually 10-30 min

Mondays I generally do an hour pilates class.
I also recently started trying to get some gentle evening movement (qigong/pilates/yoga) before bed for about 15 min. Even a few days a week seems to make a big difference in stress levels.

I seem to be in better over health strength/flexibility/endurance wise than with anything else I've done.
Old 10-24-20, 10:57 AM  
Lori_Michigan

In the past couple of months, I've realized that the week before my period literally everything is just so hard (I'm in the deep midst of perimenopause hell) . So I make that my "Light week" (or sometimes 10 days!). The first two or three weeks during my cycle I feel like I can go harder or lift weights or do interval workouts.

I also try to walk nearly every day on my treadmill in the evening (about a mile) or do a CS after my workout (I need to do this more!).

So it looks like this:
Week one (mixed weights and impact) -- Tracie, Cathe Live, Ellen, Tracie Cathe Live, Ellen
Week two (heavier weights and some cardio) -- Cathe Live, KCM, Tracie, Cathe Live, KCM, Tracie
Week three (mixed weights and impact) -- Tracie, Cathe Live, Ellen, Tracie Cathe Live, Ellen
Week four (no weights and very low impact) -- Leslie, Ellen (sometimes more Leslie's than Ellen's) and some Jessica Smith (or other lighter workouts)

I've learned that longer higher intensity cardio just doesn't work for me anymore. It's too exhausting and makes me feel wiped out. So I just do a lot of metabolic and weight workouts (Tracie, Cathe) and then I do a few KCM cardio workouts (boxing, etc) when I'm burned out on weights. By the time my light week rolls around, I look forward to the break and I really enjoy the light stuff. I haven't lost any weight but I have stopped the massive weight gain from the past two years. I like working with my body now instead of fighting it!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 11:32 AM  
T2B

I love doing rotations so right now I’m doing a generic timesaver XTrain 90 Day rotation. Shortening the weight work to 20 to 30 minutes by doing 1 to 2 sets and lifting heavy and adding extra days here and there. Also doing either a VHSaturday or VHSunday workout.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotations