Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-16, 07:18 AM  
LoveVA

Who Else Does Low Impact, High Intensity

After doing Low Impact Sweat this morning, I was wondering if there are any other instructors who have produced great low impact workouts that are also high intensity.

Cathe is a master a creating such workouts and I think Ilaria's Powerstrikes have a pretty good intensity level (especially #7) while being low impact, but I was wondering if there was anyone else? Not necessarily HiiT-type workouts, either.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 04:40 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
After doing Low Impact Sweat this morning, I was wondering if there are any other instructors who have produced great low impact workouts that are also high intensity.

Cathe is a master a creating such workouts and I think Ilaria's Powerstrikes have a pretty good intensity level (especially #7) while being low impact, but I was wondering if there was anyone else? Not necessarily HiiT-type workouts, either.
LoveVA, have you tried Shelly Dose or Millionaire Hoy on YouTube? I have found their workouts to be pretty satisfying. I consider Shelly lower intensity than Millionaire, but her moves are creative and she has a great personality. Here's a sampling of their low impact workouts:

Shelly: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FEoReXS8x_P0M5

Millionaire: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...GAlK0iItPPLqg3
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 06:01 PM  
Tanja

I actually bought a Bowflex Max for low (no) impact Hiit workouts because I reached the intensity limit for low impact exercise videos. Nothing gets my HR up as Max does.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 06:28 PM  
LoveVA

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've never done Shelly Dose or Millionaire Hoy. I took a quick look at some of the workouts and I'll definitely try them.

As for the Bowflex, we don't have any room for more equipment but that sounds like a good idea as well.
Old 04-25-16, 10:10 PM  
TinierTina

Well, Richard Simmons was beginning to drive me crazy ...

Shelly Dose—thanks for that!

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 10:58 PM  
bfit

Charlene Prickett's old "Low Impact, High Intensity" workout (yes, that's really its name) is one of my favorites. I do it with a weighted vest and light hand weights, and it's a really good workout. You can buy it on DVD. The Charlene Prickett low impact "It Figures" shows are also good, but they're each only about 20 minutes long so they are not long workouts.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 11:37 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I find that Shine Dance Fitness' videos (many on YouTube) are 95% low impact while being very intense. Mind you, they're not drills so if you don't like dancy stuff they won't be for you, but they are lots of fun.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 11:20 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Charlene Prickett's old "Low Impact, High Intensity" workout (yes, that's really its name) is one of my favorites. I do it with a weighted vest and light hand weights, and it's a really good workout. You can buy it on DVD. The Charlene Prickett low impact "It Figures" shows are also good, but they're each only about 20 minutes long so they are not long workouts.
Is there somewhere I can see a clip? It doesn't seem like Mary sells this one and Amazon only has VHS.
Old 04-26-16, 12:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

if you have a HRM, you can find many options within your own collection.

be sure to include workouts that might be considered "toning" - some of them can really register high on the cardio effect.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 06:01 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
I find that Shine Dance Fitness' videos (many on YouTube) are 95% low impact while being very intense. Mind you, they're not drills so if you don't like dancy stuff they won't be for you, but they are lots of fun.
And if you like drills and dancy stuff at the same time; how about belly dance videos? I could tell you I've liked Amira Mor, Dolphina, Leilania, Oreet ... and on and on

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low impact high intensity