Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-15, 01:25 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

UFC Fit is the bomb!

Even though I've had this set for a while I'm just now getting around to trying the workouts. I've done the first two (Power Punch and Cardio Cross Train) and these are not only effective workouts, they're fun and interesting! Lest people think that means they're too easy, think again. I've had my butt handed to me with both of these workouts and I didn't even know it at the time. The moves aren't overly complicated and all make sense, the speed of the moves is reasonable, and there isn't much impact yet at the end I'm a sweaty mess and spent!

I also appreciate Mike Dolce's demeanor in the workouts. He's encouraging without being over the top and in your face. He also does a great job showing the form for each move. I'm developing a little Mike Dolce crush!

Finally, I like that you can easily shorten the longer workouts if you need to. Because the workouts are organized into rounds it would be easy to stop after completing x number of rounds and heading to the cool down. I haven't played around with the chapters to see if you can hit next or if you would have to fast forward.

HUGE thumbs up from me!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 02:05 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I also like UFC Fit. The workouts that I really like use weights with MMA moves. So we get a sculpting workout but the moves are really unique. I also like that the workout has rounds. There were times when I only did some of the rounds because I woke up late. Then I finished the other rounds after work. I don't think the workouts are chaptered though so you can't just skip to certain chapters. I had to fast forward to find the chapters that I needed to do.
Old 07-14-15, 02:59 PM  
andtckrtoo

This is one of my favorites sets, too. Workouts are not too long, and they seem easy, then suddenly you realize you're a sweaty mess. The second 3 weeks is more cardio based and there are some moves I can't do, but I subbed. Great workouts.

And yes, Mike is great. For a first release, he has a wonderful demeanor, and he's easy on the eyes...
Old 07-14-15, 03:00 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I agree with both of you. The only change I would make with his rotation would be to reduce the repetition of some of the workouts.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 03:17 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I have this set but only scanned it as of now with the exception of the stretch which I have done twice. From what I have seen Mike is very appealing and engaging. Thanks for this thread, I think I might get to this set a little sooner now.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 04:56 PM  
Fitstick

I've read the reviews on Amazon and been tempted by these. Except that people are having trouble with their disks. Any problems with them not working?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 05:18 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I've read the reviews on Amazon and been tempted by these. Except that people are having trouble with their disks. Any problems with them not working?
I had problems with two of the disks but the seller replaced them right away.
Old 07-14-15, 05:28 PM  
andtckrtoo

My dog ate several of my discs, and I offered to buy them, but they insisted on replacing the ones the dog ate, and added a few more simply because they had had issues with them, so they wanted to make sure I got the best discs. Their CS is amazing.

The one on the far left is the culprit - my little devil:
Old 07-14-15, 06:15 PM  
Fitstick

Your dogs are gorgeous!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 06:18 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
So far so good.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ufc fit