Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-14, 12:40 PM  
kitty12

Micheline Berry’s "Liquid Asana Live" (Udaya)

Just wondering if anyone has heard any more news about this? I wonder when they will release it?

http://www.anitacoatsmusic.com/hello-world-2/
Micheline Berry’s new 10 yoga dvd project which will be released in 2014 by Udaya Entertainment. 11 musicians and over 20 yogis made their way to Bulgaria to be a part of the project –

This video doesn't really show anything but was released just a few days back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mca37w-ZZIo

http://newworldkirtan.com/2013/12/fr...ofia-bulgaria/
"The stakes are higher now because a 12- piece bhakti band will accompany her 12- part DVD collection and all will be filmed, LIVE."

Sounds interesting!!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 01:09 PM  
Orlita

Wow, I will be all over this one.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 01:34 PM  
sherry7899

Why do I open these threads? I am hoping they will be too advanced for me so I can easily pass on them.....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 02:03 PM  
that_tori_girl

But...But...But...Why must we wait? I want it noooooowwww.

/whine
/channeling my inner Veruca Salt

Hopefully this does get released this year. I love Udaya and their products so, so much but the timetables on their releases are known to be quite, um, fluid. Vytas's 'Deepen Your Practice' anyone?

ETA - D'oh. I completely spaced on the fact that I follow Micheline on Facebook and remembered seeing something about her filming in Bulgaria a number of months ago. Courtesy of some minor Facebook stalking, here are some pictures. Sadly, I think you need to be logged into FB in order to see the album.
https://www.facebook.com/MichelinePi...4251409&type=3

I think it was filmed around the beginning of November last year.

Here's Micheline's public page which I think you can view even if you're not on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MichelineBerry/

Last edited by that_tori_girl; 07-04-14 at 02:11 PM. Reason: added more info
that_tori_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 05:02 PM  
kitty12

I saw something on Udaya facebook dated June 29, that simply said "coming soon" and showed a picture of someone singing. I hope their posting the video clip and 'Coming Soon' means it is sooner rather than later! It looks really good.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 05:07 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
Wow, I will be all over this one.
Me too. I caught some mention of it a few months ago, maybe on Yariv's FB page, and knew then that I'll buy it. I like Micheline a lot - I only have one of her DVDs but it has one of my most-used programs on it (the "relaxing" segment from the Elixirs DVD, the one with short segments).

I'm not assuming or even trying to guess a timetable for the release. Udaya takes their time, but the quality is worth it. If they announce a preorder, I'll wait for a discount I can't refuse, 'cause they usually have those eventually.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 05:19 PM  
EnglishIvy

Sounds great I hope the practices are a reasonable length. Love Udaya's other programs but I usually only get 1 rotation out of them because the practices are too long for me to weave into other stuff. I wish someone would make a really cool set of 30 minute practices so that I could easily practice more consistently.

Will definitely wait for the discount as I purchased the other sets at substantial reduction that way. I have too much other stuff to keep me busy any how.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 05:26 AM  
Vee

To me Micheline Berry, as talented as she is, looks like she is doing Shiva's Prana Yoga.

Oops, I sound like I am dissing Micheline Berry, but all I meant was, her style in the clips of her Liquid Asana DVDs seemed like someone teaching a Shiva Rea class. I don't have the DVDs so I mustn't pronounce absolute judgment. Nothing wrong with other people putting out Shiva-esque DVDs. I suppose it is a testimonial to her talent.

Shiva Rea is a gifted, creative innovator. It is difficult to evolve a classic art form like yoga, martial arts, ballet and still retain the classical essence.

Many people are creative and end up with something that although effective feels like modern fusion. Which is good in its own way. But, it needs a certain instinct and sensibility for the finer nuances of the art to innovate in a way that feels like if this person had been born in the times when the classic art form was first evolving, the art form would have infused their contribution. I love how Shiva incorporates from Kalari (a martial art for from South India) and her very own "fluid" movements.

That said, the idea of a set of people doing graceful, fluid yoga in synchronicity with Udaya production quality is very tempting.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 07:58 AM  
yoni

looks interesting .
hi Vee and everyone
Yariv was chatting with me on facebook a while ago asking me what I would like to see on Udaya and I told him I love Shiva Rea's style and then he told me they were going to film a series with Micheline (who studied with her and even appears in one of her DVD's). anyway I will keep my eye on this set, the music will probably be good.
BTW I am doing some of Shiva's online courses, I'll post about it soon.
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 08:19 AM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
looks interesting .
hi Vee and everyone I remember someone reviewing Micheline's DVDs at amazon saying similar things and Micheline answered her not very nicely and then deleted her comment after.
Yariv was chatting with me on facebook a while ago asking me what I would like to see on Udaya and I told him I love Shiva Rea's style and then he told me they were going to film a series with Micheline (who studied with her and even appears in one of her DVD's). anyway I will keep my eye on this set, the music will probably be good.
BTW I am doing some of Shiva's online courses, I'll post about it soon.
Sigh! Would have been great to have an udaya production of Shiva Rea.

I am looking forward to the post, Yoni!
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liquid asana, liquid asana live, micheline, micheline berry, udaya