Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-13, 10:16 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Your favorite boots?

I am shopping for boots. What are your favorite brands?
I have one pair of Fryes. Any other brands you can recommend?
Sorry for the OT. It's my first in many years.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 10:21 PM  
NotThatGirl

Born is a great brand- I have a pair of boots I got my freshman year of college and that was almost 10 years ago. They have held up so well. I am careful with them but the comfort and warmth is unbeatable. They have a lot of great styles to choose form. I recently bought of pair of Khombu boots and they are really comfy and super warm not to mention waterproof. I also have a pair of Hunter rain boots that I don't know how I got a long without. I guess I should ask what kind you are looking for before I ramble anymore haha.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 10:42 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Bear Traps.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 11:24 PM  
Eibhinn

I also love Born boots/shoes - for less casual. For more casual I love my Blundstones. For outdoorsy activities, I really like Keen. I have reasonably wide feet, which makes a difference. My friend has narrow feet and while she loves the style of all of these brands, she can't wear any of them. Meanwhile, there are some European brands I like the look of, but which I can't fit on my feet. So any recommendations will obviously depend on your own personal needs/style/physiology.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 02:06 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I am shopping for boots. What are your favorite brands?
I have one pair of Fryes. Any other brands you can recommend?
Sorry for the OT. It's my first in many years.
What style are you looking for?

There are so many different companies that make great boots. One of the issues with boots is fit, since everyone's calves are different sizes and some boots are made for a wide calf, and some for a narrow calf. Another issue is the height of the boot shaft. Since I am short, some boots are too high for me. Another aspect of boots is where the zipper is, and the ease of getting the boots on and off. Macys.com was having a great sale last week on boots, and I ordered a pair by Sofft and a pair by Bandolino (I will choose between the two). Nine West makes a lot of different styles of boots. Other good websites to check are Zappos.com and Nordstrom.com. Another brand of boots that I like is Miz Mooz.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 06:07 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Like Fitboop said, we need to know what style you're looking for!

There are so many choices of style and brand. I love boots and have a lot of pairs, but the brands vary as do the style.

For dressy, I have a pair of Stuart Weitzmen suede stretch boots. They are so classy and comfortable. I love them! I've had them a while, and they continue to be in style year after year.

I also have a pair of Donald Pliner's that are less dressy, but just as comfy.

I have issues with finding a boot shaft that isn't too wide for my calf. It's rare to find narrow fitting boots, which is why I like the stretch suede. It hugs my calves better.

Also, you need to decide on heel height. I have anything from a casual low wedge, to an also casual small heel. My dressier ones have a higher heel.

And I have the opposite problem as Fitboop. My leg length is always longer from knee to ankle than most boots. I have a hard time finding them with the shaft high enough.

As with everything else clothing related, most boots are made within certain measurements that are considered average. Some people have issues with calves that are too small or too large, or calf length that is too short or too long. I have often wished for more variations in boots with respect to those measurements.

I have some great stretch suede casual boots that I bought at Dillards last year. I have just about worn them out! They are comfortable and look great with jeans tucked in. I hope they have them again this year because I'll certainly buy another pair.
Old 10-17-13, 06:55 AM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Bear Traps.

Jackie
I have ONE pear of boots and they are Bear Traps - I love them! So warm and comfortable. I wear Clarks shoes almost exclusively, but haven't broken the bank on a pair of their boots yet. Their shoes are expensive enough!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 07:14 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I have ONE pear of boots and they are Bear Traps - I love them! So warm and comfortable. I wear Clarks shoes almost exclusively, but haven't broken the bank on a pair of their boots yet. Their shoes are expensive enough!
Where can you buy Bear Traps? I need good boots that are warm and that are for snow. I was just looking at Zappos and saw some Columbia ones that looked pretty good for $80. I should check to see if they have Bear Traps.

Not really a fashion boot person, I also like Clarks shoes too.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 07:34 AM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Where can you buy Bear Traps? I need good boots that are warm and that are for snow. I was just looking at Zappos and saw some Columbia ones that looked pretty good for $80. I should check to see if they have Bear Traps.

Not really a fashion boot person, I also like Clarks shoes too.
I got mine on QVC. I don't think they still carry the style that I have (I got them a couple of years ago), but they have lots to choose from. They are great in the snow!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 07:46 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I got mine on QVC. I don't think they still carry the style that I have (I got them a couple of years ago), but they have lots to choose from. They are great in the snow!
I was just looking at QVC...they have a pair on clearance for $40! Based on the reviews it looks like they aren't going to make them anymore either. I better pounce on that deal!

Thanks for the info!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boots