Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-25-20, 01:45 PM  
Diana3271

Update on DH and his Dr's appointment today. It looks like he is not responding as well as they had hoped with the antibiotic. He is probably dealing with Lyme disease as well as some type of arthritis, like I mentioned earlier. They did more blood work today to check the Lyme disease markers as well to get more info on what type of arthritis they are dealing with. He got two shots, one was an anti-inflammatory and the other was a steroid. He received 2 prescriptions, one an NSAID and the other a steroid.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 04:57 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Seabliss How did the showing go?

Check-In: TF Fire 45

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-25-20, 07:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, praying for your DH. And for Linda. Thank you for checking in with her.

Heidi is set to come home from the hospital today. I hope she'll have help around the house. I learned that her husband has refused to go on disability, although he's obviously disabled. Beyond stubborn. Someone said his religion might have something to do with it; I have no idea if that's it. He's a Seventh Day Adventist and I know almost nothing of their beliefs. I know what I think should be done, but it's not my circus and not my monkeys.

I'm bringing beef stew to them tonight. I adapted the 21 day fix extreme recipe, which has butternut squash and mushrooms instead of the traditional potatoes and carrots which I love but DD prefers the squash & mushrooms.

I am sleeping normal (for me) amounts of time, about 8 1/2 hours a night. Down from the illness sleep times of 9 or 10 hours. My lungs are not totally healed yet. Not rushing anything. Enjoying Denise's book much more than I ever liked her DVDs. I like her daily dozen premixes. She does have suggestions for making your own rotation plan, but I'm not interested in that.

Check-in: Denise ball & band day 6.

Lynn, so glad to hear that barre3 is improving. That's been such an important part of your fitness life.

Cheryl, still holding your family in prayer for your burdens, the house, and employment.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 07:49 PM  
seabliss

Not a lot of time, so checking in with Jessica's 10-Minute Upper Body and an old one of hers, a Special K workout on Youtube that was a 10-Minute Kickboxing. It was put up 8 years ago--not sure how old it is. I noticed that her 10-Minute Solutions Kickboxing is also up there, so I'll try at least some of that soon.

The showing was cancelled 20 minutes before, as we were walking out the door. I asked the realtor about why this is happening, and she said it's because of the way things work now. The buyers' agents schedule online and don't stop to think that the owners that live in the house actually have to rearrange their schedules and make the house as perfect as possible before the showing. Because it's online and easy, some agents are just not being considerate.

Diana, thanks for checking in with Linda. I have been thinking about her and wondering how she is doing.

Lynn, glad you hit upon a good workout!

Cynthia, thanks for your prayers! I am making beef stew tomorrow! I like potatoes and carrots too Trying out a slow cooker recipe that I found online.

Cheryl
Old 02-25-20, 10:05 PM  
Diana3271

Seabliss I think people/society are just like that this day and time. We have people who set up times to drop off their vehicles and never show up. They do this week after week. One man has been doing this for a month and he finally dropped it off last night. It's so frustrating. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

Cynthia Thank you. Praying that you are completely healed soon.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-25-20, 10:25 PM  
lynnf

Got a new kettlebell workout -- Skogg at home. 6 workouts for $20. Not a bad deal. I did strength 1 and it was challenging. Also got my hearing tested and ordering hearing aids. My insurance plan covers the costs completely and I can get top of the line ones that I can control on my iphone and stream from my tv so they should be cool (I can even hear the tv when it's on mute if my DH doesn't want to have the sound on), and you can't really see the aids given my hair. I am having trouble hearing at meetings so it's time. I tried them on and they are quite comfortable.

Cynthia, glad you are recovering and so nice of you to make that stew.

Cheryl, I'm frustrated just hearing about all those cancellations. It would drive me crazy to get my house ready and then not have people come!

Diana, thanks for the info about Linda, though I'm sorry to hear she is still struggling and miss hearing about her guys. I hope your DH responds better. I know it can take time to get over Lyme. My DH is finally ok after his cataract surgery so that's a relief.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 08:07 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn That's wonderful news about your DH's eyes healing and that you can get the hearing aids. I have noticed a lot more hearing aid ads in our local newspaper. I think there must be some new technology.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-26-20, 08:22 PM  
lynnf

yoga class -- restorative day!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 08:45 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

DH is feeling a bit better today. No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-26-20, 09:49 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with three lower body strength workouts from Bodyfit by Amy that totalled 35+ minutes, plus a mile outdoor walk.

Diana, I'm sorry for all you and your DH have been going through regarding his health. Good to hear that he is feeling better! I hope the trend continues.

Lynn, hearing aids nowadays are so amazing. The technology is wonderful. I'm glad you are getting comfortable, effective ones, and I'm glad we live in this day and age!

Cynthia, the Denise book sounds good. I am thinking I should recommend it to my mom, as she likes effective workout books.

Cheryl