Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-19, 01:38 PM  
upperwside

Pilates Barre on demand

Any one subscribe? I just signed up today for the 14 day free trial. Going to try a few tonight. I previewed a few and looks great. I'm looking for a change and am mostly doing LEKfit and wanted something else new to toss in for the summer. It's quite reasonable a price. The fusion workouts look like fun!! It's by Tracy Mallet.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 01:48 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting! Are there any preview clips of actual workouts without actually signing up for the trial? I didn't find any. Please post an update after you do the trial. Thanks!
Old 07-06-19, 01:57 PM  
Sharaz

I’m not familiar with this app. I do have a Tracy Mallet advanced workout. I like it very much and is one of the few barre workouts I kept along with the Pop Physiques.
Old 07-07-19, 03:34 PM  
topfitmama

I'm trying it out for 14 days. There are quite a few workouts on the site, including several workouts she released on DVD, some youtube videos and 16 workouts that I haven't seen before.
You can search for videos by length, style, body part worked. She offers menu plans, monthly workout plans and a program called "Ignite".

Some of the newer workouts look a bit advanced for me, especially her new pilates creations. She's very creative, which might prove to be too challenging, considering my current lower fitness level. I need more basic moves that allow me to focus on engaging the right muscles.

She doesn't accept paypal payments..

ETA, Sharaz, you might like to try the site if you're very advanced!

https://www.pilatesbarreondemand.com/categories/
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-19, 04:41 PM  
upperwside

Well, I cancelled my trial. I did not like that when you cancel, you cannot directly cancel.. you have to wait for them to approve your cancellation and this was a trial. But besides that, I tried a few and its not anything challenging for me. Not enough reps and the workouts are all too short. I do not like stringing together workouts to make a longer one. I want an hour workout without thinking of planning it out. I found the dance fusion.. the one hour long workout was so cheesy.. I couldn't continue. I like her boots barre dvds I have, but this seems more beginner to me. I am so spoiled by LEKfit and Hamelin, no one does enough reps for me now.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-19, 11:59 AM  
Sharaz

Topfitmama- I think I’m good with her Total Body Workout since I use these type of workouts here and there. I do like her as instructor. She looks very graceful while performing the workouts! He put nice clips in IG too.
Old 07-14-19, 12:03 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Well, I cancelled my trial. I did not like that when you cancel, you cannot directly cancel.. you have to wait for them to approve your cancellation and this was a trial. But besides that, I tried a few and its not anything challenging for me. Not enough reps and the workouts are all too short. I do not like stringing together workouts to make a longer one. I want an hour workout without thinking of planning it out. I found the dance fusion.. the one hour long workout was so cheesy.. I couldn't continue. I like her boots barre dvds I have, but this seems more beginner to me. I am so spoiled by LEKfit and Hamelin, no one does enough reps for me now.
Love your honest feedback
Old 07-18-19, 05:42 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Well, I cancelled my trial. I did not like that when you cancel, you cannot directly cancel.. you have to wait for them to approve your cancellation and this was a trial. But besides that, I tried a few and its not anything challenging for me. Not enough reps and the workouts are all too short.
I'm glad you shared that bit of information because it took them two days to process my cancellation.
I tried a few of the new workouts and I found some of the moves to be unnecessarily complex for a lower-intermediate workout. I get more out of doing basic moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Topfitmama- I think I’m good with her Total Body Workout since I use these type of workouts here and there. I do like her as instructor. She looks very graceful while performing the workouts! He put nice clips in IG too.
Yes, she does look very graceful! Much unlike me .
My favorite workouts of hers are all on DVD so I don't need this streaming subscription either. Her Total New Body workout is still beyond my fitness level
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates barre on demand