Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-19, 10:40 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Today's workout was Riptensity Workout #3 Belly Fat Knockout and #4 Seven Minute Shred Sets. I love putting two of these together. From my workout log plus some other thoughts:

#3 is a mostly cardio/core workout with 12 sets of exercises that are "paired" together with the two exercises done twice then move on to next two. Pairings were like one boxing drill and one cardio drill then repeat. Then a Plyo drill and a core/plank move and repeat. Work for 20 seconds and 10 second rest but no other breaks til you get to the Finisher. There is a finisher in this with boxing drills and plank moves done earlier. Really good! Good cardio core workout which of course works your upper body since you are in plank a lot. Still plenty of modifications if you need to.

#4 has more HiiT training with 60 second work 10 second rest intervals. Wicked and gets progressively harder. There is 30 sec rest after first 7 minutes/set which is done non-stop except for those very quick 10 second breaks. Not a ton of impact but lots of high intensity moves and some tough core/plank work. Lots of sweet/wicked lower body work with lunges and squats! These are excellent. They challenge me but aren't so killer and that way I can put max effort in. I do the advanced moves but more at my own pace although I noticed a few times I sometimes went a little faster than the backgrounders.

Results: I feel very well worked out. Got a good strong dose of cardio mixed in with all the core and other bodyweight work.
Gideon is fun and even the backgrounders start to talk a little more. The beginner girl is really amped up and cute! She modifies but dang does she work!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 12:52 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I did Riptensity #1 this morning and I too loved it. It's easy to modify and goes quickly. Gideon has a great personality and keeps things moving. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's workout! Kate did a great review so I can't think of anything else to add. I'm glad I got this!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 04:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Sounding great so far! Thanks to you both for reporting back!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-19, 03:55 PM  
Sharaz

Now I think Riptensity will be a good addition to my collection. I like these type of workouts under 30 mins. I usually use it as HIIT all out performance. My favorites Bodyweight based are Total Body Bootcamp and Insanity Phase 1. Need more shorties like these!
Old 07-16-19, 11:34 PM  
CharM

FYI, Riptensity had sold out at Amazon but it's back in stock at the same price. oops, now showing in stock on 7/23
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-19, 10:24 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Back with another brief review of Riptensity. I did Workout #5 Total Body Trifecta and Workout #6 Sweat Stacks.
Total Body Trifecta is good stuff! One trifecta is 30 sec cardio, 15 sec rest, 45 sec strength, 15 sec rest, 30 sec static hold. Eight trifectas in all. More strength focused especially with holds. This one actually has a warmup this time. All the others go right into the workout but just going and a mellower pace.
Includes pushups holds, squat and lunge holds etc. Finisher at the end is Surfer burpees for 30 sec then pushup squat combo where you do fast pushups and then squats for time. Really excellent combos. Lots of plank and pushup work.

Sweat Stacks You 'stack' on or add on more exercises in each set. 40 sec work, 10 sec rest. Just enough time to switch to next move. Exercise 1 is always cardio, 2 always some type of Plank/Bear Crawls, 3 always side plank variation, 4 always supine core move, 5 always lunge variation, 6 always bear pushups. Last one is fast feet/plyo jumps like a finisher. Almost non stop, all excellent. Another sweaty mess.

Gideon continues to be fun and encouraging. Even the backgrounders get into it more. I'm going to keep going with these but next time mix up the workouts (instead of 1 and 2, 3 and 4).

FYI: I've been doing a Riptensity rotation with Cathe's Xtrain and I sweat more and work harder with Gideon. And Xtrain is not easy.
Riptensity can be as hard as you make it with the different levels of modification.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 07-17-19, 02:07 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I have done all the Riptensity workouts once now and really liked each one. Thanks, Kate, for more detailed reviews on each. You're much better at that than I am! I highly recommend these, especially at the low price, but more because they are excellent and fun workouts. If you're thinking about getting them, just do it. You won't regret it.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-19, 04:26 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I highly recommend these, especially at the low price, but more because they are excellent and fun workouts. If you're thinking about getting them, just do it. You won't regret it.
Ditto! They are fun and for me, I need fun workouts or I just won't do them. These are keepers!

Old 07-24-19, 07:43 AM  
Rhonda

I have made it through 4 of the DVDs. I like them all so far. I went on vacation otherwise I would have made it through all of them.

I am going to try to stick with these every other day.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-19, 10:53 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

So gals, has anyone done the two newest ones yet?
Superhero Shred
MA40

I have them in my cart on Amazon...heeheehee...I keep hoping some big discount will pop up.

Tags
ma40, mens health workout, mh60, superhero shred