Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-16, 06:22 AM  
Dabbadooey

Thanks for posting this. I have been wanting to try that class, but they will not let you take it here until you have completed 10 of the regular classes. That's not in the budget right now.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 01:22 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Oh, so platform is a small step/box. No reason they couldn't DVD that.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 01:41 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Oh it looks fun!! I agree it would be a bit difficult to do it at home as on the studio, as not everyone have a wall mounted barre. They could find a way to make it work though

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 04:03 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Oh it looks fun!! I agree it would be a bit difficult to do it at home as on the studio, as not everyone have a wall mounted barre. They could find a way to make it work though
I think they might have liability concerns about releasing this as a home workout. For some of the moves you have to push or pull against the barre really hard, so if someone is doing that on their home barre and it's not secure, that person could get really hurt. But I, too, wish that it was an option -- I totally loved the one class that I got to take!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 04:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
I think they might have liability concerns about releasing this as a home workout. For some of the moves you have to push or pull against the barre really hard, so if someone is doing that on their home barre and it's not secure, that person could get really hurt. But I, too, wish that it was an option -- I totally loved the one class that I got to take!
They could use the usual liability disclaimer that normally runs at the beginning of any exercise video and release the platform workout on DVD.

Maybe someone who is on FB (I'm not) can ask them if they have any plans to release platform workout on DVD?
Old 03-30-16, 04:19 PM  
fatkat555

You could possibly use a kitchen counter or a bar counter if possible instead of a ballet barre. I think it could be modified for home use.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 10:31 PM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
You could possibly use a kitchen counter or a bar counter if possible instead of a ballet barre. I think it could be modified for home use.
The problem with that is the moves using the underhanded grip.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 09:10 AM  
hotncmom

I would LOVE to try this. However, I've never been to a barre studio because of the socks requirement. I cannot workout in socks. I get hot just thinking about it. Shoes are fine. Would they allow shoes?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 09:32 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I would LOVE to try this. However, I've never been to a barre studio because of the socks requirement. I cannot workout in socks. I get hot just thinking about it. Shoes are fine. Would they allow shoes?
Nope. Socks only unfortunately.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 09:35 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
After having taken the class, there is absolutely no way to do this at home without a wall mounted barre. If you varied the moves and didn't pull away from the barre, but then you're losing the feel of the class.

I'm not saying it's not possible to make a DVD, but seeing as though I have never come across any barre DVD that pulls away from the barre, and that's what a huge portion of this class was, I highly doubt it will ever be an option....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote