Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-16, 06:27 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
I was able to try one when visiting family over the holidays. It was GREAT!! Totally different from the usual classes, which to be honest, I don't really enjoy. Bigger motions (not much of those tiny pulses which I loathe) and a lot more heart rate elevation, which is what I crave from a workout. If you love Bar Method type workouts, it might not be your cup of tea, but I definitely enjoyed it.
Now I really hope the new release will feature their platform workout! I'll buy it for sure.

Does anyone have any more info?
Old 01-29-16, 05:32 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Now I really hope the new release will feature their platform workout! I'll buy it for sure.

Does anyone have any more info?
Check out the pure barre website. They have a list of the studios offering platform. My friend took it and said its a lot of pulling off the barre, so I'm going to be a little cautious because I have shoulder issues,but I'm dying to try it!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-16, 08:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Check out the pure barre website. They have a list of the studios offering platform. My friend took it and said its a lot of pulling off the barre, so I'm going to be a little cautious because I have shoulder issues,but I'm dying to try it!
Thanks! No studios in Illinois that offer platform.
Old 01-29-16, 06:28 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Maybe I'm misremembering because I took it about a month ago, but there wasn't any more pulling off the barre than in a regular class. If anything there was a little less. Mostly you rested your hand on the barre for balance while having one foot on the platform. My favorite part involved pushing down on the barre with both hands for support while launching off the platform with alternating feet (I think it's in the promotional video). It felt like flying!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-16, 06:33 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
Maybe I'm misremembering because I took it about a month ago, but there wasn't any more pulling off the barre than in a regular class. If anything there was a little less. Mostly you rested your hand on the barre for balance while having one foot on the platform. My favorite part involved pushing down on the barre with both hands for support while launching off the platform with alternating feet (I think it's in the promotional video). It felt like flying!
Oh so fun! As for pulling off the barre, sounds like there might be a variety of choreography options, so yay!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote