Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-15, 01:29 PM  
Fitstick

Michelle Dozois

Any comments re: her newest releases?? Are they worth purchasing? Anything different from her previous releases?? Does she continue to shriek? LOL!!

Was hoping for some input so I can finalize my order during Mary's sale!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 01:37 PM  
Gams

Michelle Dozois shrieks? Hmm...I must have the wrong DVDs by her because she's quite subdued in the ones I have.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 02:49 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I listened to the clips for the new ones (Peak 10 Cardio Strength Fat Blaster and Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Fat Blaster) at Mary's site and she sounds the same to me. That grating rasp in her voice when she talks loudly/yells can be very unpleasant to listen to.

Curious along with Fitstick - any bought these?
Old 04-09-15, 04:57 PM  
bfit

I didn't like her other Peak 10 workouts because they were too high impact, and the low impact modifications shown weren't sufficient. The clips for the new ones looked like there was actually a real low impact modifier so I ordered the cardio one, and now I'm disappointed. The low impact modifier does not do low impact at least half of the time. There's another modifier who doesn't go down to the floor to do burpees and so on, but his substitutions for those moves are all extremely high impact. I have to modify so much on my own that I wonder what the point of even having this workout is.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 04:57 PM  
carolyn jane

I did the new Cardio Interval Burn Fat Blaster this afternoon. It is a fun workout, but I have to say Michelle gets on my nerves. I have her old workouts - like Rockin' Body - as well as the other 3 interval burn workouts and she seems like a different person now from her older workouts - very harsh and insistent. I'm not sure why she decided that was a different approach but I like her personality better in her older workouts. And as I have mentioned before in other threads, she says "come on now" about a million times in the new workouts - I can't figure out why she didn't realize she was doing that and STOP IT - it is very annoying.
So while I like the workouts I still wish she would act more like we should enjoy it - and be more encouraging - than coming across as strident and bossy.
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 07:46 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I don't remember her saying "come on now". I wonder if I block it? 😊
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 07:30 PM  
smokybubbles

I seem to be on a Michelle Dozois kick lately! I love the energy of the team behind her, it really helps me push harder. I'm a bit of a cardio junkie and all of her workouts give me a great cardio hit.
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 03:44 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

I really want to like the new ones. But I did the Peak Strength one and gave up half way through.
I love the music but the moves are so fast I just kept getting lost. Also I could never use anything heavier than 8lbs in them. I will probably try them again. But I don't want to do a workout dvd where I have to learn choreography all the time. I know dvds take a bit of getting used to but I worry about twisting my knees and hurting my back with these.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 06:59 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I was on a Michelle kick for a while, I had reacquired some of her Breakthru series and was enjoying them but recently parted with them again, just not into band work anymore. I do like her Fat to Firm Fast quite a bit though, so I kept that one and I have one of the Shape workouts that she is in.

Her Peak 10 DVDs are far too high impact and advanced for me.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 01:36 PM  
thaispice

I know Mary's sale is over and so this response is too late for the OP, but for anyone else who is considering... I did Cardio Strength Fat Blaster this morning. Somehow it felt a bit easier than "More Cardio Strength" and "Cardio Strength 2" versions (which I consider to be noticeably more challenging than "Cardio Strength 1." Although I was listening for "Come on now" because I had read this thread beforehand, I didn't notice her saying it at all. The moves are fairly creative and she does expect you to catch onto choreographed moves (even for weights) quickly, but there are several that are from her previous Peak workouts (and she admits as such). I enjoyed it, but I don't see it as a must have if you already own her other Cardio Strength workouts.

I'm still waiting to try Cardio Interval Fat Burn Fat Blaster from kinecticflix -- wonder if that will leave the same impression.
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fat to firm fast, michelle dozois, peak 10 workouts