Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-14, 08:46 AM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
To me Micheline Berry, as talented as she is, looks like she is doing Shiva's Prana Yoga.
Micheline practices yoga, teaches and has evolved in the same studio and under the mentorship of Shiva Rea, so this is natural. Same with Bryan Kest, Rudy and Travis.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 02:47 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Micheline practices yoga, teaches and has evolved in the same studio and under the mentorship of Shiva Rea, so this is natural. Same with Bryan Kest, Rudy and Travis.
Ditto. She trained with her so it's not surprising that her classes are simliar. I love Shiva and Micheline. I'm hoping that Micheline's workouts aren't too difficult.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 06:07 PM  
kitty12

There does seem some similarity to Shiva Rea, but I think there is room for someone to train under someone and then evolve their style their own way. Didn't Janet Stone train under Shiva for a time, and I never felt like I was doing Shiva Rea when I did her practices.

Regardless, I learned to finally enjoy yoga after I discovered Shiva, and if her style is similar I would be happy about that. I find I never use my Shiva DVDs anymore since I did UY when it first came out. I can just never figure out how to incorporate them.

I think the idea of live music is really cool. I agree too that it would be really awesome if Shiva did something like this - I was actually thinking about it earlier today.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 06:41 AM  
Floren

I would be very happy to see something new from Micheline Berry! I really like her DVDs.

Earlier on, I tried Shiva's Yoga Shakti and I loved it, but it was too difficult at the time. Practicing with Micheline's DVDs gave me something similiar (a good comparison was given upthread - it reminds me of Shiva's prana yoga, which I like) and more accessible (for me) to start with.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 07:21 AM  
herya

I really liked Micheline's DVDs (although I did not keep them in the end). She does have a style similar to Shiva's, but it felt much more grounded to me, Shiva can be rather out there sometimes, improvising rather than instructing.
Old 07-09-14, 05:27 PM  
sherry7899

According to a post from another VF'er (thank you!) Micheline's set is supposed to be released in September

sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 05:59 PM  
that_tori_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
According to a post from another VF'er (thank you!) Micheline's set is supposed to be released in September

sherry
Time to start saving up the pennies!
Old 07-09-14, 09:44 PM  
kitty12

Quote:

sherry
Awesome!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 01:09 AM  
yoni

Quote:

sherry
yes , I saw that online I think on her facebook page as well. then I wondered why I haven't seen any posts from her lately because she was a friend of mine on facebook, then I saw she unfriended me LOL
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 02:21 AM  
yoni

Micheline added me back on facebook, and sent me a message, showing her concerns about the situation in Israel. it was very nice of her , of course I said I'm looking forward for hr DVD set.
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liquid asana, liquid asana live, micheline, micheline berry, udaya