Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-14, 01:03 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Well, I wear long johns - lightweight sort. A fresh set everyday. I don't moisturize with coconut oil when longjohn season is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I use Garden of Life Coconut Oil. It absorbs just fine, but I only use it when my skin is really dry. In warmer weather I use MEI Carmelia Seed Oil. It absorbs quickly and has a lot of benefits as well.
Thanks! I think since its getting a little warmer I might have to skip the coconut oil and stick with regular moisturizer. In winter Ill give it a try again.

Ive also heard good things about pomegranate oil. Anyone have any experience with that? Where to buy it? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 05:22 PM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

Hi guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say that Giovanni Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo & Conditioner are the best things that have happened to my dry hair in a long time. I love this stuff so much and I have tried so many brands! Fairly reasonably priced (not drugstore prices, but not super expensive either). I have found it at Whole Foods and Gelson's, and it looks like Ulta sells it as well. Just thought I'd mention it!
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 07:23 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie108 View Post
Hey ladies, I desperately need help. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I'm having the worst acne of my life.
http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-De...primal+defense
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 07:31 PM  
MARIKA

I would get the 4 hr Clearosil cream. Changed my life. Use it all over and use ALOT!
Old 04-02-14, 08:35 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Ive also heard good things about pomegranate oil. Anyone have any experience with that? Where to buy it? Thanks!
I used Weleda Pomegranate Oil for a while. I really liked it but I guess I stuck with coconut oil and camellia seed oil because they are more multipurpose. I use coconut oil for fever blisters (miracle worker) and a cuticle moisturizer among other things and I take my makeup off with camellia seed oil. But the pomegranate oil was a very nice moisturizer, and it wasn't too heavy.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 07:08 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
I used Weleda Pomegranate Oil for a while. I really liked it but I guess I stuck with coconut oil and camellia seed oil because they are more multipurpose. I use coconut oil for fever blisters (miracle worker) and a cuticle moisturizer among other things and I take my makeup off with camellia seed oil. But the pomegranate oil was a very nice moisturizer, and it wasn't too heavy.
Thanks Suzy. Im inclined to try the Camellia oil.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 09:34 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Suzy - really, it works for cold sores too????? I just got one out of NOWHERE and was thinking that the coconut oil might be the trick.... I'll blob some on tonight!

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 10:12 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
Suzy - really, it works for cold sores too????? I just got one out of NOWHERE and was thinking that the coconut oil might be the trick.... I'll blob some on tonight!
It works great for me, Michelle. It works better if I catch it early, but either way it works as well as Abreva and it moisturizes too. And it tastes better.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 10:42 AM  
mspina

Quote:
It works great for me, Michelle. It works better if I catch it early, but either way it works as well as Abreva and it moisturizes too. And it tastes better.
Excellent!!!!! Yes, the added benefit of coconut oil - the yummy taste!

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Just FYI -Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Products are on sale today for 40% off. I'm going to order another set - really like these products. They work well on my skin. I do need so supplement them w/ exfoliants and sunscreen but the cleanser, toner and moisturizer work really well for my skin (oily/combo)!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx