Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-31-15, 10:44 PM  
yahoo205

Favorite sneakers cross training trainers for Insanity or other similar workouts?

Need some sneaker recs for lots of cushioning, support, and lateral stability support.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-15, 12:50 PM  
PrairieGem

I wear Asics Gel Kali for all my indoor gym workouts (and I love tons of impact and lateral moves). They have a surprising amount of support for such minimal-looking shoes. (I work out on a carpeted floor, however, so that may make a difference.) They're nicely grippy doing different jumps &c, lightweight and springy so I feel like I can really get off the floor, stable and cushioned so I land well, with really good forefoot support (I originally bought them for barre b/c the releve put too much pressure on my toes, and ended up wearing them for everything!).

If you have an Academy Sports nearby, they seem to have the best arrangement of their shoe department by shoe types (vs by brand), with the shoes divided into their appropriate sport/activity: tennis, cleats, running, walking, training.

~gem, who spent three hours yesterday looking for new running shoes at every shoe/sporting goods store in town... and ended up at Kohl's. LOL (Who knew?!)
Old 02-04-15, 10:21 PM  
yahoo205

anyone else
Old 02-04-15, 11:21 PM  
nschultz

When I was doing high intensity workouts, I needed very good support for a chronic left knee issue. I've always had good luck with New Balance cross trainers.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 05:27 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I got a pair of Ryka cross trainers at DSW that I'm really impressed with. They have good arch support (I have high arches), cushioning, and lateral support. I can't get to the box right now, but will look at the model and post later tonight. They're also a pretty blue.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 07:25 PM  
pharma_gal

I also need some good recommendations. I was using the Asics gel which I loved but I just ordered some from Zappos and none of them have good support.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 11:39 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by nschultz View Post
When I was doing high intensity workouts, I needed very good support for a chronic left knee issue. I've always had good luck with New Balance cross trainers.
Any particular model?
Old 02-06-15, 11:40 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Mine are the Ryka Vida cross trainers. I wore Ryka cross trainers for years and years, then switched to Asics and NB because they seemed more cushioned. Switched back to Ryka because this pair is well-cushioned and has good arch and lateral support. I've only used them twice so far and have been impressed by how well they work.

For flat feet, I'd recommend New Balance cross trainers. They seem to be better suited for that.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 02-06-15, 11:42 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I used the NB 408 for a while, but they're outdated. The NB 409 seems similar, and they come in wide.

Old 02-10-15, 11:07 AM  
yahoo205

Thanks for the recs so far. Any other recs?

Tags
cross train, cross trainers, insanity, insanity max 30, sneakers