No, I like Burn & Shape too.
There are three of us!
Old 05-31-16, 07:11 PM  
MoFirmer

Me four!!!!!
Old 05-31-16, 07:41 PM  
bubbles76

I like Burn and Shape too

No I don't consider the Pink Firms to be too easy. I don't have them all nor have I tried them all, but of the ones I have, I find them challenging. No, they aren't Cathe tough or even Classic Firm tough, but I don't want that every day. They are happy and comfortable. I have tried most of the ones mentioned here: Burn and Shape, Total Body Time Crunch, Pump Jump Jab, 500 Calorie Workout, etc. You just have to choose the right poundage and pace for you. The Pinks can definitely be modified up or down. Keep in mind, I choose the Pinks for strength or circuits, not the pure cardio workouts. I do have two that are more cardio, but haven't tried them yet, so can't speak to them.

I will say this -- sometimes they blend into one another though So most of the ones I have are unique. I went through quite a few Pink Firms and have kept a select few. Mostly Kelsie, Rebekah, and Allison, but also a few others.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 08:16 PM  
firmaniac

I enjoy the Pink-era FIRMs as a nice break from traditional FIRming due to lack of equipment. Dancier moves and standing core work (versus traditional floor work & abs) make old moves New. Allie's 'body trainer' session is the only one that uses the two piece fanny lifter step, so really all you need are your weights and sometimes toning cords, resistance bands, a kettlebell or sculpting ball or stability ball (LOL hmmm that sounds like props and gadgets but it doesn't *feel* like it at the time). I'm very glad for the Pink FIRMs, and also love The Wave sessions and The ZIP Trainer sessions. It's all good.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 08:46 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Another one who likes Burn & Shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
No I don't consider the Pink Firms to be too easy. I don't have them all nor have I tried them all, but of the ones I have, I find them challenging. No, they aren't Cathe tough or even Classic Firm tough, but I don't want that every day. They are happy and comfortable. I have tried most of the ones mentioned here: Burn and Shape, Total Body Time Crunch, Pump Jump Jab, 500 Calorie Workout, etc. You just have to choose the right poundage and pace for you. The Pinks can definitely be modified up or down.
This!
Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
I enjoy the Pink-era FIRMs as a nice break from traditional FIRming due to lack of equipment.
And this.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 09:12 PM  
MoFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
I enjoy the Pink-era FIRMs as a nice break from traditional FIRming due to lack of equipment. Dancier moves and standing core work (versus traditional floor work & abs) make old moves New. Allie's 'body trainer' session is the only one that uses the two piece fanny lifter step, so really all you need are your weights and sometimes toning cords, resistance bands, a kettlebell or sculpting ball or stability ball (LOL hmmm that sounds like props and gadgets but it doesn't *feel* like it at the time). I'm very glad for the Pink FIRMs, and also love The Wave sessions and The ZIP Trainer sessions. It's all good.

Agreed!!! The way the props are used are just right.

Old.... new.... it's ALL good!
Old 06-01-16, 07:51 AM  
cherimac

The only Firms I use are cardio. I am a Pilates and barre type of person. My favorites Pink Workouts are:

Ultimate Fat Burning Workout
The two ball workouts with Tina
Cardio Overdrive

I also like Cardio Sculpt Blaster, Super Cardio Sculpt, Maximum Cardio Burn, Maximum Cardio, Fat Blaster, and Tough Cardio Mix.
Old 06-01-16, 10:18 AM  
StephE

I have always enjoyed the Pink FIRMs. I don't think they're too easy or old. In fact, I like them because they have a "newer, more current" feel to them than some of the previous FIRM systems/DVDs. One of my absolute favorites is the "Ultimate Fat Burning Workout" with Alison. I just love the kickboxing sequence. And another favorite is Rebekah's "Total Body Time Crunch." I seem to reach for those the most. Some others that I like are Allie's "Total Body Toner" and "Get Chisel'd" with Rebekah. Oh, and another one is "Hard Core Fusion" with Allie. Talking about these workouts is reminding me how much I enjoy them! I need to pull these babies out and do them more often!

One thing I like about the Pink FIRM workouts is that they are mostly solid intermediate workouts. I appreciate that they're not the "puke in the bucket" type workouts that seem to be all the rage now. I'm so over those kind of workouts. They're just too hard on my body. However, for those that like that style, I think you can make these more intermediate/advanced by ramping up the weights or doing higher impact moves, so I think they're adaptable for a lot of different fitness levels.

It makes me sad that the FIRM, as we once knew it, is no longer and that no new systems/DVDs will be coming out. Kind of makes me want to be a FIRM hoarder. LOL. Wait a minute... I guess I kind of already am!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 10:28 AM  
Carol K

My favorite FIRM cardio for quite awhile has been Calorie Explosion. But now it's BeLean on BeMax.

Tags
pink firms