Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-16, 02:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I'd never heard of a squat fall, but that's definitely something I'll try. Thanks!
I did a squat fall once and didn't enjoy it. But they aren't talking about being a klutz...

Good thread. Back to it...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 05:01 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I hate burpees. I have found two instructors that give great modifications. In Chalene's PiYo set, the modifier does a great job of modifying burpees's. I believe her name is Michelle? Jessica Smith has a short video on her website, where she demonstrates how to modify burpees as well. Oh, I just saw someone else already mentioned this
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 05:05 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I'd never heard of a squat fall, but that's definitely something I'll try. Thanks!
It's not what it's called, but I can't find the move anywhere. I know Shaun T and I believe Tony Horton have both used it.
Old 05-30-16, 05:33 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
It's not what it's called, but I can't find the move anywhere. I know Shaun T and I believe Tony Horton have both used it.
I just did Tony's latest 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1 workout and one of the modifiers did the move I think you're referring to...and I was able to do it! That's the first almost real burpee I've done in decades!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 07:58 PM  
sugar rose

How do y'all modify (or substitute) planks and push-ups? Or work your way up to them?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 08:28 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Valentina View Post
How do y'all modify (or substitute) planks and push-ups? Or work your way up to them?
You can do planks from forearms and knees, working your way up to hand and feet. Start with a short time, and increase time.

Push-ups can be done against a wall, counter, chair, and work your way down to the ground. On the ground you can do them from knees instead of feet.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 08:33 PM  
PrairieGem

BBL "Bum Bum" has a great mod for burpees--it's like a three-step low lunge: squat, one hand on the floor, one leg way back. Switch legs and repeat. It really spikes the HR and it's much easier because you don't have to do it all in one move.
Old 05-30-16, 08:59 PM  
bfit

I'm looking for a substitution for surrenders - where you get up and down from a kneeling position using one leg at a time with no help from your arms. I just can't do it without hurting my knees. The knee that's bending hurts, and the knee that's on the floor hurts. Is there something else?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 09:21 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I'm looking for a substitution for surrenders - where you get up and down from a kneeling position using one leg at a time with no help from your arms. I just can't do it without hurting my knees. The knee that's bending hurts, and the knee that's on the floor hurts. Is there something else?
I sub step ups on a high step.
Old 05-30-16, 09:24 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I'm wondering why you want to do this if it hurts your knees? Is there another purpose to this move besides just seeing if you can do it?

Seems like squats would work the same muscles but I'm not sure.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications, substitution