Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-16, 08:43 AM  
marki64

Kelly's AC 2

I don't see any reviews anywhere for KCM's Athletic Conditioning 2. I was wondering whether its a good one. Any thoughts?
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 11:00 AM  
upperwside

I do not have it myself.. but here is a good detailed review.

https://2lazy4gym.com/2016/01/14/30-...ning-volume-2/
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 03:46 PM  
isebelleg44

Bumping for feedback

Mary has KCM workouts as a weekly special. I have my eye on this one and was hoping for some feedback from the VF peeps.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 04:52 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I have done iti a couple of times; there's some moves I can't do and I make substitutions. It's a bit repetitive for my taste, but bear in mind that I hate TIFTing and repeating sections and have zero patience, and that happens a lot in this one. There's not as much high impact plyo in this one as AC1, so it is easier to modify. The music is good, and the abs and stretch second workout is good, but again, a bit repetitive for me. I'm still on the fence about it.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 11:09 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I have done iti a couple of times; there's some moves I can't do and I make substitutions. It's a bit repetitive for my taste, but bear in mind that I hate TIFTing and repeating sections and have zero patience, and that happens a lot in this one. There's not as much high impact plyo in this one as AC1, so it is easier to modify. The music is good, and the abs and stretch second workout is good, but again, a bit repetitive for me. I'm still on the fence about it.
As much as I like KCM and I really do, I am not a huge fan of repeats. Plateau Buster has a premix that I use that just does one round of each exercise which works great for me. Strength and Stamina I thought was really repetitive, I traded it without even trying it. I suppose my trade pal will benefit from that! Truth be told, it was a bit out of my range anyway. Body Shop I find to be a little repetitive too, but it really holds no dread factor for me so I am going to hang on to it for now.

Again, KCM is one of my favorites, but I kind of like to do an exercise and move on from it, not come back to it later. Maybe that's why I like the Firm so well. Oh well, what do you do.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 05:43 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
As much as I like KCM and I really do, I am not a huge fan of repeats. Plateau Buster has a premix that I use that just does one round of each exercise which works great for me. Strength and Stamina I thought was really repetitive, I traded it without even trying it. I suppose my trade pal will benefit from that! Truth be told, it was a bit out of my range anyway. Body Shop I find to be a little repetitive too, but it really holds no dread factor for me so I am going to hang on to it for now.

Again, KCM is one of my favorites, but I kind of like to do an exercise and move on from it, not come back to it later. Maybe that's why I like the Firm so well. Oh well, what do you do.
I love KCM too, but her recent stuff has been just too repetitive for my taste. I have traded away Plateau Buster and Your Best Body for those exact reasons. I have Strength and Stamina and the only reason I haven't traded it away yet is the step portion -- the three rounds of weights is just dread for me.

I've gone back to the older Firms as well for the same reason!
Old 06-01-16, 06:13 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Have you tried any of the shorter premixes to reduce the TIFTing?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 07:49 AM  
owltx

I can't compare it to AC1, because I don't have that one.

However, just on its own, I like it. The first workout does have some repeats - but they are not right after each other, which somehow makes it more deal-able for me. That is, the format is such that it is 12 different exercises and you do all twelve, then go back to the beginning and do them again, and then a third time. I actually really enjoyed this one, found I worked up a good sweat, found the moves interesting, etc.

The second workout is billed as stretch and core, but IMHO is more core than stretch. My one complaint about this one is that I wish one of the premixes had included just the stretch moves - because I really like them, and they would be a nice add-on to other short stretches. That said, I like the second workout as a whole, and it is a actually a really nice addition to a short
HIIT workout.

HTH,
Old 06-01-16, 08:40 AM  
marki64

Thanks everyone for the comments. I think I am going to pass. I am not real thrilled about the repeats. I will wait and see if my library gets it and try it then. Some of Kelly's new vids aren't really doing it for me. I'm glad I didn't purchase them. Love her older dvds though.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 08:46 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Have you tried any of the shorter premixes to reduce the TIFTing?
I have done the premixes on AC2 and Strength and Stamina, and it just didn't do it for me. I really enjoy Kelly's older stuff for the variety and fun factor; these just don't have that for me. The only fun for me has been the bonus step workout in S & S and the cardio portion of Cardio Pump. Her weight work lately just leaves me with dread unfortunately...

I second renting from your library first; great idea!