Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-19, 03:09 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Unhappy Rant: eBay & Amazon sellers that ship dvds with no padding

So recently I've been buying used (workout) dvds more frequently from amazon and ebay since I fear everything is going to streaming and there's a general lack of new dvds being produced that I'm interested in.

I think about three times over the last year I've received a dvd not in a padded mailer but instead in one of those thin poly mailers (?) that are usually used to ship clothes or soft items in. Basically, it's like just slapping a stamp on a dvd case and dropping it in a mailbox. By the time the dvd makes it to my mailbox, the dvd case is totally unusuable due to cracking and pieces having been chipped off, broken center spindle, etc. (but the dvd somehow survives unscathed).

Now, I know (in some instances) I have gone for the lowest priced seller and some of these dvds I maybe have paid $5-10 for (including shipping!). But there's no warning anywhere by the seller that they're not going to use what I consider to be the standard shipping method for dvds, which is a bubble mailer of some kind (or at least wrap the dvd in a layer of bubblewrap before putting it in a thin poly mailer with zero protection).

Also, sometimes I get a dvd in a bubble mailer but the condition of the case is worse than anticipated by the seller's description (that's why I normally try to buy from sellers that show a picture of the actual item they are selling rather than a stock photo). But sometimes I can't resist a good deal. And you never know. Sometimes I've paid $5 and received a dvd in perfect condition or even brand new in shrink wrap from goodwill or decluttr.

And while I store the actual workout dvds in those dvd wallet/case/binder things, I keep the cases and original artwork stored separately in a few banker boxes elsewhere in the house and I would like them to at least function as far as opening and closing and the center spindle not being broken in case I do want to use the cases in the future.

/rant

Anyone else had this experience?
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 03:35 PM  
alisoncooks

Yes, same here. Even when I offer DVDs on Share the Wealth, I send them in padded mailers or even boxes! I can't imagine just chancing it with a thin, plastic bag (basically).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 04:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Yes, that happened to me too. I hate getting cracked cases. I also dislike when the seller list the DVD "like new" and most of them are far from looking like new, other list them as "very good" and some of them are actually like new... You never know what you will get until they arrive. I have got some great deals though, some of them as low as 0.01 cents plus $3.49 shipping, and some of them come from the US, I don't know how they manage to send them for that cheap, but I will not complain!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 04:09 PM  
sherry7899

Yes, I once received a dvd from an Amazon seller in the kind of envelope you use for interoffice mail! The case was cracked, but the dvd was fine. I complained and received a refund. I don't understand anyone would mail a dvd in anything but a padded envelope.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 02:41 PM  
Sara1000

I have also received books packed that way and they arrived damaged - crazy!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shipping issues