Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-16, 08:24 AM  
dianestjohn

Anyone remember the Dove workouts?

I stumbled across Dove Rose's Facebook page recently - I suddenly realized that "Dove Rose" is in fact it is the same person who did the 4 excellent Dove workouts however many years ago. Just thought some of you would be interested to see that she is now a private trainer and wholistic life coach. I reallly liked her fusion workouts when they came out, she had quite a unique approach and I wish I had kept the workouts. They were deceptively difficult and I always felt like I'd gotten a great workout when I was done but the workouts flowed so well I was always surprised at that result.

https://www.facebook.com/doverosegrennan?fref=nf
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 08:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

The link is not working for me, but I had her DVDs when they were released. Unfortunately, I didn't really click with them and gave them all away. I'll have to google her and see what she's been up to lately.
Old 11-15-16, 08:36 AM  
PhyllisG

I really liked her workouts and did them often. Finally sold and traded them. I kind of miss them. Good to hear what she is doing. Thank you for the update.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 09:05 AM  
bubbles76

I have two of her workouts but have yet to try them. In fact, I may have traded with Phyllis lol! By the time I traded for them, I got time crunched at work and couldn't devote an hour to them. And then the dvd player in my laptop broke so I couldn't do them. When I got a new dvd player, still crunched for time. Then I got time and THAT dvd player broke.

But I plan on doing them soon If they are good, I'll try to pick up the other two in trade.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 09:41 AM  
PhyllisG

Yes I think we did trade. Funny!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 12:22 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I loved and still have all four DVD's. Like most of us, I usually do shorter workouts these days. Maybe I can find an hour or maybe I can shorten them...

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 12:38 PM  
alisoncooks

How interesting!

I remember those workouts. I enjoyed #2. I remember enjoying watching the big, burly gentlemen in the back struggle through all the lightweight reps, just like myself.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 02:54 PM  
Sara1000

Those workouts were hard and in fact I injured myself doing one because I pushed myself to do more than I should. I got rid of them after that. They are good though if you want someone to motivate you to work really hard.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 03:18 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

They need a page outside of Facebook. I don't facebook and probably will delete my account. I do use twitter though. But, I'm in!
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 04:19 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I visited her studio once when I was in LA. (It has been years ago.... maybe 10 at least??) She was a private trainer then too. I have all 4 of her DVDs. I haven't done them in a long, long time though. It would be interesting to revisit them. I recall them being good workouts.

Tags
dove rose, dove's bodies