Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-16, 09:45 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I just found out the Bellamy Brothers are coming to a nearby town in July. They will be performing on the same date I have tickets to see Bobby Bare in yet another town. The good news is that one show is at 3:00 p.m. and the other is at 7:00 p.m., so I plan on buying tickets to the Bellamy Brothers and zipping from Sandstone, MN to Danbury, WI as soon as Bobby Bare sings his last note...LOL

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-16, 08:28 AM  
sherry7899

I asked my library to order these geek music books

Old Records Never Die

Eric Spitznagel, - 2016

On Bowie

Rob Sheffield, - 2016,

Your Favorite Band Is Killing Me: What Pop Music Rivalries Reveal About the Meaning of Life
Steve Hyden, - 2016,

Your Song Changed My Life: From Jimmy Page to St. Vincent, Smokey Robinson to Hozier, Thirty-Five Beloved Artists on Their Journey and the Music That Inspired It

Bob Boilen, - 2016,

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 01:39 PM  
sherry7899

I'm trying to keep this thread alive

Does anyone watch the show "Roadies" on Showtime ? We are really enjoying it.

Sherry

Old 08-02-16, 01:51 PM  
Gams

Red face

The Bellamy Brothers concert was wonderful! They were SOOO good and their band was fantastic. Unfortunately, on the drive home after the concert, I hit a deer and totaled my RAV. It was pretty traumatic for me because I am a major animal lover. I still feel bad and I'm pretty jumpy when I drive. They took the RAV away yesterday and I kissed her goodbye and cried in my driveway - I'm kind of a wuss...
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-16, 04:11 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I'm trying to keep this thread alive

Does anyone watch the show "Roadies" on Showtime ? We are really enjoying it.

Sherry
Hi Sherry! I saw the previews for Roadies and it looked really good! Unfortunately we recently bailed on our premium movie channels trying to save some money, so I'll have to wait until it shows up on netflix or Amazon Prime. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it!
Old 08-04-16, 04:29 PM  
sherry7899

Wendy-I actually called Verizon Fios and asked if they had any offers for a free trial of Showtime. I got my bill lowered by $30 a month and Showtime free for two years I think they've had customers leaving, so it's worth giving it a shot with your cable company. We never get pay movie channels otherwise.

Old 08-19-16, 07:13 PM  
sherry7899

Wendy-I am wondering if Roadies will get canceled after the first season. We watched the whole first season of "Vinyl" which had been renewed for a second season (before the first one was done), and then they canceled it after the first season finished-grrr!

We saw Glen Tilbrook from the band Squeeze in concert last night. He was fantastic! He has two sons-around the ages of 14 and 10? The fourteen year old played guitar on some songs. He is phenomenal, especially for his young age. The younger song sang harmony on a few songs-he was adorable and has a sweet voice. Glen always comes out to meet fans after shows.

Sherry

Old 08-19-16, 07:23 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
The Bellamy Brothers concert was wonderful! They were SOOO good and their band was fantastic. Unfortunately, on the drive home after the concert, I hit a deer and totaled my RAV. It was pretty traumatic for me because I am a major animal lover. I still feel bad and I'm pretty jumpy when I drive. They took the RAV away yesterday and I kissed her goodbye and cried in my driveway - I'm kind of a wuss...
Yikes! Sorry Gams! You are not a wuss though, don't worry about it! Glad you enjoyed the concert!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 07:25 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Sherry -

I know you are a big David Bowie fan, I saw Duran Duran in concert last month which was an awesome show! But they did a very nice tribute to David Bowie, who was a huge influence on them when they were young. It was quite nice, they also did a Prince tribute which us MN fans really appreciated!

Just doing my duty in keeping this thread alive...
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 08:38 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Sherry -

I know you are a big David Bowie fan, I saw Duran Duran in concert last month which was an awesome show! But they did a very nice tribute to David Bowie, who was a huge influence on them when they were young. It was quite nice, they also did a Prince tribute which us MN fans really appreciated!

Just doing my duty in keeping this thread alive...
Thank you! I appreciate your post.

Tags
music, music geek